22 Aug 2014
– Because Burning Man begins this weekend and it is being completely overrun by the tech industry these days. [NY Times]
– Seattle’s 2014 indie rock bands [Seattle Mag]
– 10 SF Startups to watch [Strategy Eye]
– The Burning Man packing checklist [Fest300]
– Don’t give up on your space dreamz. I love flow charts. [GOOD]
11 Jan 2014
I’ve known about Burning Man since I lived in Seattle, but until I moved here, I didn’t realize just how many people I would know that actually attended. In fact, I have several co-workers that go every year and since finding that out, I’ve been a little bit curious. I have so many questions. What is it like to go? What do I need to know before I go? How expensive is it really? What types of people attend? I’m sure I’ll never fully be equipped with all the answers I need if I ever decide to go, but that might just be the whole point of Burning Man – to go into it without really knowing. Doobybrain posted this video about The Temple and there was something about it that seemed magical to me. I feel like I need to see it myself, in person.