- The work that goes into a rose ceremony dress [Fashionista]
- How to email [The Atlantic]
- Macy’s sells Frango chocolates brand [Puget Sound Business Journal]
- Instagram’s version of “outfit Shazam” [Racked]
You guys, this was a real thing. Zac actually set up a Tinder profile recently and if you saw some lookalike on your app and convinced yourself that it wasn’t him, then you might’ve blown it! To be honest though, I think this is probably something that happens a lot. I’m terrible at recognizing celebrities. If I were out and Taylor Swift were shopping at Aritzia right next to me, I might try and be like “nahh, that’s not her.” It’s most likely because it’s really tough for me to see celebrities as just normal people so I reject the idea that they could be doing normal things like making an online dating profile or grocery shopping, etc.
Y’all, would you date Zac Efron?
Also, just want to note that there will be many more round-up posts as we get closer to the end of the year! I just need to wrap everything up with work first before my focus shifts to Yow Yow! Don’t worry, we’ll do our usuals that we love to do every year and look forward to.
How adorable are the girls of Little Mix? I love watching their performances and on top of that, their new album is awesome sauce. The girl group visited BuzzFeed in New York this week to sing “Love Me Like You” and “Black Magic.”
– 5 of the best spots in Seattle to get your mac and cheese on [Seattle Refined]
– The profession that will get you the most dates and the professions that are attracted to each other [Refinery29]
– Careless tweeting and how it can change your life…for the worse. [NY Times]
– The time Taylor Swift gave breakup advice to a fan. [BuzzFeed]
– 9 Questions you wish you could ask Ariana Grande [Vox]
– Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s hack for taking the best photographs [Buzzfeed]
– The modern way to fall in love with anyone [New York Times]
– Founder of Ship Your Enemies Glitter is already regretting his viral business [Mashable]
– Why an unlimited vacation policy doesn’t work [Quartz]
– A hidden bar being a Coca Cola vending machine: Flask [Cool Material]
– Just a cheeky read that I can’t believe I enjoyed [Medium]
– MTV airs all of their programming today in black and white to honor Martin Luther King Jr. [MTV]
– 10 Things We Learned at Fashion Week. 1. In America, we plan on having a summer. [GQ]
– 10 Dangerous Works of Architecture [Flavorwire]
– What’s it like to be a bike messenger in NYC? [BuzzFeed]
– Burger King Japan made something called a black burger and we don’t think cheese should be that color. [Grubstreet]
– F**ktionary – the new Cards Against Humanity that everyone will be talking about [Cool Material]
Yesterday, one of my favorite Seattle bands, The Head and The Heart, unveiled their latest music video for their single “Another Story.” Not only does it tell a very sweet story about healing and moving past heartbreak, it also stars Pretty Little Liars’ actress Troian Bellisario.
What do you guys think?
I wish I could have written this right after we won the Super Bowl this weekend, but I was too busy celebrating. This win means so much to the city of Seattle and more than anything I wish I was home to be with the city and storming Capitol Hill like I know everyone else did. Every non-Seahawks fan called the game boring, but like…that’s because you weren’t dominating! I’m not sure what I would have preferred – a game that forces me to have a heart attack every minute or to rest easy knowing that you’re just going to win the whole damn thing.
I can’t even tell you for how long it has been that Seattle sports hasn’t been taken seriously – The Mariners, The Supersonics getting taken away. We needed this. Everyone said that we would never make it – that we weren’t the team to watch out for – that making it to the Super Bowl in 2005 was just a fluke, well what do you have to say about us now? We earned it.
I am overcome with this joy of having the best football team, the most driven and hungry players, crazy fans, and being from the city that backs all of this up completely.
Mandi and I couldn’t contain our excitement, clearly. After the win, we rounded up our crew and took on San Francisco with our Skittles and our Gushers (we love you Lynch and Sherman) and distributed our snacks to the best Seahawks fans in the city. We pretty much fed San Francisco.
Super Bowl 2015 – we’ll see you there!
Some of the the best articles came out yesterday after the win so here’s a roundup below:
BuzzFeed recently wrote a post about how your old American Girl dolls collection could now be worth so much more money if you decided to sell them – especially the ones that have been discontinued. Since American Girl dolls were nearly every little girl’s childhood, this post received a lot of attention. It only made sense for them to continue on that train. Yesterday, I came across a post of theirs recreating the cast of HBO’s “Girls” into the dolls and they’ve got the looks spot-on for the most part. Along with what the dolls actually look like, they’ve provided detailed descriptions of them as well, which you can find here.
I am completely jazzed about the Seattle Seahawks being in the Playoffs right now and on our way to the Super Bowl. It’s no secret. Buzzfeed published a humorous little post yesterday on why we should root for my team to win at the Super Bowl and I am all over that. Here’s a GIF of Marshawn Lynch scoring and being awesome for your enjoyment and for the rest of the entertaining read, click here.
We’re a little late to the game on this post, but since it is Christmas and Wedding Wednesday at the same time, I thought that now seemed more fitting than ever to share this post with you. Ben Nunery’s wife Ali passed away from a rare form of cancer two years ago. When they were married, they had their photos taken in a house that they had just newly purchased – completely bare and ready to build up with memories. Now, Ben has decided to move onto a different home and as a sweet gesture and homage to his wife, he re-created their wedding photos with their daughter Olivia.
For more photos and heart melting, click here.