- Waitress Loses Her Job After Posting A Customer’s Receipt On Reddit
- Don’t Wait For Anyone
- What Your Favorite Thought Catalog Writer Says About You
- 15 Things That Need To Stop Happening At The Movies
- 23 Signs They’re The One
- 25 Awesome Things To Do With Your Group Of Friends
- 10 Things Everyone Hates About…
- How To Survive Your Experience At The Cheesecake Factory
- ‘The Lizzie McGuire Movie’ Is Actually Really Good
- What You Miss About Them After The Break Up
- The Tackiest Facebook Wedding Thank You Ever
- Stop Telling Me I’ll Fall In Love Again
- 25 Things You Wish You Could Ask Someone On A First Date
- 7 Things That Are Considered An Accomplishment For 20-Somethings
- 15 Signs You’re In Love
- 13 Pop Culture Moments I’m Looking Forward To In 2013
- 5 Things That Will Keep You Up At Night
- What You Should Know About Love
- Chris Brown Edits His Own Wikipedia
- The Best Part Of Being Alone
- The ‘Catfish’ Drinking Game
- Throwback: The Second Time You Fall In Love With Someone
For some reason, I ended up missing the premiere of Revenge last night because I decided to put on Celeste & Jesse Forever in the middle of it. #badtiming. I had such high hopes for the film! That’s why I was so disappointed that I missed Revenge. It was not worth it.
Tonight, that won’t be the case because The Bachelor and Catfish are BACK. Nothing will be interrupting these programs again.
Also, is anyone else watching besides me?
- 15 Fabulous Reasons It’s Okay To Be Single During The Holidays
- 25 Things You Should Remember To Do Every Day
- Questions I Have After Going To The Mall
- This Will Never Happen Again
- 13 Signs You’re Officially Over Your Ex
- 11 Types Of Songs Drunk People Like To Sing
- The 8 Emotional Stages of Watching ‘Catfish: The TV Show’
- 32 Of Life’s Simple Pleasures
- 5 Easy Steps To Being An Adult
- From One Moron To Another, Love Advice For Taylor Swift
- Review Of Childhood Activities (And Whether They Worked Or Not)
- The One Who Wants To Be With You
- 29 Things To Avoid In A Boyfriend
- 25 Things Y0u Should Know About Love
- “Meggings”: “Hot New Fashion Trend?
- Stocking Stuffers For 20 Somethings
- What People Say On The Internet Vs. What They Really Mean
- 26 Questions For The Person Who Dumped You
- 7 Signs You Can’t Party As Much As You Used To
About a month ago, my brother urged me to check out the trailer for “Catfish.” I dismissed him pretty quickly because for some reason I was imagining an action type flick starring Clint Eastwood about the dangers of fly fishing…I don’t know. I wasn’t into the title, but it just goes to show how wrong I was because Catfish had absolutely nothing to do with any of the above.
When buzz about the film/documentary started showing up on my news blogs, I finally checked out the trailer. Curiosity got the best of me, and I researched all over the internet to solve the mystery that the film appeared to be. As shocked as I was to find out what I did, I really wish someone had advised me against it.
Tonight, I took a break from studying for a quiz to watch the film and my brother was right. It was as good as he said it was. Catfish was a documentary done by Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman following Ariel’s brother Nev as he meets and begins a relationship with a girl named Megan Faccio over Facebook. As their relationship progresses, Nev realizes that some things just aren’t adding up. Henry, Ariel, and Nev decide to investigate by paying a visit to Megan in Michigan where they discover that things aren’t really what they seem.
I’m going to do my best not to give anything away because the movie poster above has even told me not to. I do, however, think that this film is very much in tune with the way our generation deals with social networking, communication, and technology in general. This is not a sexy film. It just so happened that Catfish and The Social Network came out around the same time and while they both are “Facebook” related, I view The Social Network as more of an entertainment type film. It had a huge build-up from the first time we heard about it until it blew up in our faces during opening weekend. Justin Timberlake is in the movie – that’s just unfair. With Catfish, you are getting a sense of reality and I know I have to be careful when saying “reality.” These are three normal guys that have never been heard of before, but yet we’ve been here. We have been in Nev’s shoes at some point in our lives. It’s hard for me to pinpoint what it is I like about the movie because it’s a few things. It’s the fact that these three guys share a level of commitment to the real life situation turned documentary. It’s the idea that technology does not substitute for the need of belonging to something.
It is creepy at times, but this is not a thriller. It is suspenseful, honest, and raw. It is…really just hard to believe. That’s all.
– Mr. Teddy Bear himself, Jorge Garcia, will be making an appearance on the upcoming season of How I Met Your Mother. Jorge is most known for his role as Hugo “Hurley” Reyes on Lost. [Source]
– Lauren Conrad will be returning to MTV for a new reality show. The series will focus on her professional career as opposed to …well… what The Hills was known for. More info will be released next week. [Source]
– Pauly D. will be getting his own spin off from the hit series Jersey Shore. The show will be about what Pauly D. off of the show, which is being a DJ. [Source]
– Florence + The Machine will re-release their debut album “Lungs” on November 15th. The new album will feature the new song “Heavy In Your Arms” also on the new Twilight soundtrack as well as songs from the first album remixed. [Source]
Catfish – a documentary that I happen to find intriguing.
– Chloe Moretz [the little girl from Kick Ass and the sister from 500 Days of Summer] will star in the film adaptation of the comic “Emily The Strange.”
– Nicole Richie and Joel Madden are reportedly getting married this December.
– Actress Hayden Panetierre will portray Amanda Knox in the new Lifetime movie.
– Did you know that Kristen Bell used to date Matthew Morrison AKA Glee’s Will Schuester back in college?
– Taylor Swift’s alma mater high school, Henderson High School, has decided to name their school auditorium after the singer. Taylor only studied there for her freshman and sophomore year of high school. [Source]