Josephine Skriver and Harry Styles behind her
Full disclosure: I don’t actually shop for my intimates at Victoria’s Secret! I love watching the show every year though because of what a production it is and how over the years, the models are no longer just people on a runway, but you actually get to “know” the angels leading up to the big event. As time went on, Victoria’s Secret increased the number of angels and started giving us a glimpse into more of the behind-the-scenes so that we could begin relating to them. Now I know that some of the looks on the runway are really just for show and not going to be sold in stores, but that’s some of what makes this experience so fun, right? Here are my favorite looks:
I was going to say earlier this week that this is the first time I’m seeing this much media coverage leading up to the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. It’s true, but now that we’ve reached the end of the week, I’m realizing that it’s half positive and half negative. Katy Perry (rumored to be performing) and Gigi Hadid along with several other models will no longer be present for the show. The reasons are…interesting, but I’ll let you look all of that up yourself!
Despite those hiccups, the show will go on and I’m still looking forward to it. This year, the brand is collaborating with Balmain and this is probably the segment that I’m most excited about. Just look at these wings on Jasmine Tookes made out of safety pins. Can we just… have these forever? I have been hearing that there’s a section of the show that will be more punk than ever and with this preview, I’m confident that I’m going to love the rest of the looks.
The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show will air on CBS on November 28th. Stay tuned for a post featuring all of our favorite looks from it.
– How the music of Big Little Lies makes the show [The Atlantic]
– Should you get married in your twenties? [VICE]
– Golden Gate Bridge will install a safety net for those that attempt suicide [CNN]
– How to increase your productivity [Fast Company]
– Jimmy Fallon was on top of the world. Then came Trump. [New York Times]
– Go see Magic Mike Live with your mom [Refinery29]
– Victim and attack share their story of rape and reconciliation together [CBS]
Not even Hurricane Sandy could stop the filming of the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. While we all get to see the spectacle Tuesday, December 4th – the actual show was filmed just two nights ago.
And here are my favorite looks!
I may not be a regular at Victoria’s Secret, but I am a huge fan of the annual fashion show that airs on CBS every winter. I’ve always had an interest in runway shows, but what sets this one apart from all the others is that the models actually LOOK like they are having fun. Seriously, don’t you agree? They’re smiling, they’re dancing…there’s 300 pounds of glitter on the runway. Just picture that for a second. You would die if 300 pounds of glitter were on top of you. And that’s scary, but that’s what makes the show so successful. Well, that and all the models and the lingerie you know…
And now a tribute to my favorite Angels!
– Miss Hailee Steinfeld is officially the new face of Miu Miu. [Source]
– Justin Bieber is launching a fragrance for his fans called “Someday.” [Source]
– People sometimes forget that riders exist for bands and musicians. Fulfilling Katy Perry’s sounds a little bit like a nightmare. [Source]
– Selena Gomez’s new album cover is somewhat questionable. [Source]
– Lady Gaga and Starbucks are collaborating on a scavenger hunt together! (Not sure what this means because I’m too lazy to read all the text and this is also the most random pairing ever, but here you go!) [Source]
– Friendly Fires released their new album “Pala” yesterday. [Source]
– Lady Gaga was named Forbes’ top celebrity. [Source]
– Glee’s Matthew Morrison will join The Backstreet Boys and The New Kids on the Block on their tour this summer. [Source]
– Kat Dennings makes her return to television in her new CBS comedy 2 Broke Girls. [Source]
– The judges from the current season of NBC’s The Voice will return for season two. [Source]
– Saturday Night Live promo Justin Timberlake
– Who’s getting excited for the return of Pretty Little Liars?! Summer TELEVISION, you are mine.
– This Saturday is Seattle University’s Quadstock, but as I’m sure you already know… it is for students only! Lucky us!
– Since you can’t make it to Quadstock, you should head on over to Cal Anderson for the first ever four-on-four dodge ball tournament. Sounds brutal. [Source]
oh Capitol Hill Seattle – you really are one of my favorite blogs!
– Model Lily Aldridge married Kings of Leon front man Caleb Followill last week in a custom-made Vera Wang wedding gown. [Source]
– Vogue Editor-in-Chief’ Anna Wintour’s daughter Bee Shaffer has fled to LA to work alongside Glee’s head honcho Ryan Murphy. While Bee is not working with Glee specifically, she is assisting him with his many projects that may or may not include Glee’s 3-d movie. [Source]
– Essie’s Summer 2011 Brazilliant collection is on my must-have list. [Source]
– James Franco has graduated from New York University. Which school will he end up at next? Correct answer – University of Houston in the fall. [Source]
– Arnold Schwarzenegger’s son Patrick is trying to drop his father’s name to take his mother’s. [Source]
– Kia Grasty describes what it is like to clean up after “privileged” college students who are the sons and daughters of well-known people in the industry for a living with a $140,000 salary. [Source]
– A Hello Kitty theme park will debut in China in 2014. OH MY GOODNESS! [Source]