It’s the eve before Christmas Eve! I don’t know about you all, but every year, I always look forward to hearing how some of my favorite artists from the year will put their spin on things for a Christmas album or mixtape. One year, I couldn’t stop listening to Ariana Grande’s and this year, I’m glad to be listening to a joint project by Jeremih and Chance the Rapper. Have any of you listened to it yet and what are your favorite tracks? We’re listening as we type and using this as our soundtrack for the night as we get some work done and continue blogging for Yow Yow!
A very hipster Santa has popped up in a Portland mall and is meeting with kids and posing for photos. This is definitely not like the Santa I knew growing up, but – it’s 2015. Anything can happen apparently. Instead of wearing that red velvety suit, this Santa is wearing a sweater, jeans, and sporting the worst 2015 trend of all – the man bun. Notice anything about that chair he’s sitting on? It’s the PDX carpet print!
The commentary from this video is so awk, but so great.
I always end up making this list too close to Christmas so that by the time I list out things I could possibly want, it’s too late for my family to purchase them for me. Realistically, I don’t need any of these things for Christmas. They are merely just things that I can get for myself in the near future. We’ve actually been doing this Christmas List post for quite some time now so it wouldn’t have felt right if we didn’t have it again. I hope all of you have such a wonderful holiday. I’m off work for the week, but I’m really excited to be spending some time with Yow Yow! and prepping for our roundup posts that we do every year.
A group of people I interact with on Twitter do this thing where they change their Twitter names to reflect the holiday season. I did the best I could. A for effort.
Every year, I always post a little Yow Yow! Christmas list. I thought I would have more “wants” this year, but I’ve got everything I need! It’s always just fun to have a little list of things that would be nice, but when it comes down to the holidays, good company is all I’m asking for.
Nordstrom Family Table Cookbook – $27.95
It’s been awhile since I’ve received another cookbook and I’m ready to do some work in the kitchen again!
How adorable is Google’s Santa Tracker?! Are y’all ready for Christmas yet? I’ve got just one more Christmas gift to purchase and then I will officially be done.
I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday.
Share the Santa Tracker with all of your friends or just check it out here.
Even though I am without a Christmas tree in my home this year, I still love seeing photographs of very unique and alternative Christmas trees. This one found in Belgium was made from 5,000 donated ceramic dishes and cups. It’s kind of magical isn’t it? There should be more white Christmas trees in the world.
- What’s With Mommy Bloggers?
- My Life In Narcotics Anonymous
- Reasons You Should Not Put Your Bigoted Rants On The Internet
- The Pros and Cons of Being Single
- Christmas When You’re 5 Vs. When You’re 25
- Kiss Me
- The Different Between And Alone And Lonely
- 20 Lessons You Need To Learn When You’re An Adult
- 15 Guaranteed Things That Will Happen To You In Your 20s
- When You’re The One Who Loves Less
- The Stages Of Getting Addicted To Homeland (spoiler alert)
- When You Are The One Who Loves More
- How To Grow Up When You Don’t Really Want To
- 10 Pieces of Advice From Dad to Daughter
- I’m Not Perfect
- 11 Things Your Learn At Your First Real Job
- 10 People You Went To College With
- 10 People You Went To High School With
- Questions I Have About Social Etiquette
- 22 Things People Need To Chill Out About
- 6 Situations Designed To Make You Feel Insecure If only I had read this post before THIS weekend.
Readers, this morning I lied to you. I told you that I was reading lots of men’s blogs recently because I like menswear (still true) but really, your girl is getting desperate with the gifts. My co-worker is already done Christmas shopping and I’m feeling the heat. Luckily, Christmas is kind of a ways, but I get nervous because things start running out fast – much like the flights that I purchased last night and sort of like the mini Christmas trees at Walmart yesterday that were non-existent.
I have trouble shopping for presents every year and this year I have one more present to buy. So I decided to ask some dear friends of mine what they got for their significant others when they celebrated their first Christmas together – not necessarily on Christmas day, but doing the whole gift exchange and what not. And I’m also asking my friends out of curiosity because trust – I have seen many gift exchanges go wrong.
- guy gifting girl an iPod touch
- girl gifting guy a beer-making kit
- guy gifting girl an $18 pair of tickets to Adele, dinner out, and a movie
- guy gifting girl Me&Ro stackable rings
- guy gifting girl a Michael Kors watch
- girl gifting guy clothes, a book about wine after going wine tasting together and origami stars inspired by Pinterest with sayings on them and each star counting down the days until she moved back from school
- girl gifting guy a sweater because it was safe enough to be an acceptable gift and wasn’t so serious that if it didn’t work out she would be out of too much money
- girl gifting guy something usually related to an inside joke. It’s safe.
- guy gifting girl a nice little handbag she wanted
- guy gifting girl a set of books by her favorite author
- girl gifting guy a “memory book” with memories and pictures of things they did and a wallet because he needed one
- girl gifting guy with a finger puppet of a kangaroo fetus (see here for reference) HOBviously a personalized gift
- girl gifting guy a homemade book about their love filled with pictures and quotations and real art purchased at Seattle Art Walk
- guy gifting girl with a fantastic Christmas celebration dinner and moleskine for the new year and two new canvases
- girl gifting guy with a homemade fleece blanket
- guy will be gifting girl a bottle of Princess Bride wine after having a 6-year history together. It’s a combination of one of their favorite alcohols and a movie they’ve always loved.
- guy gifting girl unfortunately with a Tiffany’s necklace. (His words not mine)
- girl will be gifting guy with gift certificates for massages because he works out a lot and has sore muscles
Readers, do you feel as inspired as I do right now? Kevin just sat down next to me and said, “It’s Christmas. Gift don’t matter.” Why, thank you Grinch – but to be honest, he’s kind of right. There’s no use in pulling your hair out trying to find the perfect gift because what it comes down to – what it always comes down to – is thought and intentionality.
As much as I love the act of gift giving, I’ve gotta be honest. I am not always the best gift giver. The process leading up to it can be so stressful and pressurized and I become a little bit of a worrier about it. I’m an oddball because I’m not even great at accepting gifts, which is probably why I’ve just been receiving gift cards ever since I was a teenager. Well anyways, this year we’re reaching new levels of milestones. This Christmas, there will be one more additional gift to give and let’s hope I don’t mess this one up.
I found this Whiskey Advent Calendar off of Cool Material today and this isn’t necessarily a Christmas gift because…it’s an advent calendar, but to each their own, right?
It costs $240.