25 May 2017
– How the music of Big Little Lies makes the show [The Atlantic]
– Should you get married in your twenties? [VICE]
– Golden Gate Bridge will install a safety net for those that attempt suicide [CNN]
– How to increase your productivity [Fast Company]
– Jimmy Fallon was on top of the world. Then came Trump. [New York Times]
– Go see Magic Mike Live with your mom [Refinery29]
– Victim and attack share their story of rape and reconciliation together [CBS]
10 Oct 2015
– Big Boi and Phantogram collaborated on a new album together and we can’t wait for it to be released. [Time]
– Ciders are making it onto the drinking scene [Valet Mag]
– 14 drinks you’re not allowed to order after you turn 30 [Cool Material] AMF should’ve made this list.
– The most Instagrammed location in every state [Cool Material]
– Former Facebook employee is building a very high-tech hotel in Palm Springs [CNN]
02 Jan 2013
– Zooey Deschanel does not look like Zooey Deschanel on the cover of Glamour. [Source]
– Fake braces are all the rage right now in Asia. [Source]
– Girls will be releasing a soundtrack in January! Excited. Hope this is on Spotify because their music selection is. on. point. [Source]
– Our girl Britney will be working on a new album. [Source]
– a scripted hour-long drama is in the works for E! and will be a mixture of Gallery Girls and Mean Girls called Gallerina [Source]
– Ann Curry won’t let that NBC drama get her down. Apparently, she’s been contacted for a position at CNN as an anchor. [Source]
– The shows that ended in 2012.
– Andddd the television characters that passed away in 2012. [Source]
– The Twilight Saga was voted the worst movies of all time. Shocker. [Source]
– We prepare to say goodbye to the iconic Easy Street Records on Queen Anne. [Source]
– Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris finally got married! She didn’t run away this time. [Source]
Did I mention that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are having a spawn baby together?
– The PS2 is not more. Japan stops production. [Source]
– Are you in a profession that could lead you to being a psychopath?
Author Kevin Dutton tells us in his new book which professions are most likely and least likely to lead to psychopathy. [Source]
05 Dec 2010
“Long story short, in case you’re not current on the latest Facebook meme, people all over the world have been changing their profile pics to cartoon characters from their youth to “raise awareness” for violence against children.
I am completely with Urlesque on this one: How is this helping abused children? Folks participating in this meme aren’t doing a thing to raise awareness for actions their friends can take to support this cause, just merely pointing out the fact that children are being abused while letting everyone know they once had a thing for Snarf. Beatification, ho!
Here’s an idea: How about skipping the silliness and plugging an anti-child abuse charity instead? This is a good one. This is another good one. As is this one.
Facebook has the potential to be a powerful catalyst for social change. But these frequent Facebook charity memes are meaningless exercises in futility. People don’t need to be made aware that breast cancer exists or that child abuse is a problem. What they need are real things they can do to support individuals battling these scourges.”
The above article was used from The Daily What. I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes about this because while I believe that some people have changed their profile pictures because they feel strongly connected to child abuse and have the intentions to spread this awareness, I believe that there are some that do not. Facebook is a very powerful tool, but we abuse it. Facebook has the ability to create a chain of trends, but are we using it the right way? That’s what this article is asking. How can we take something like this seriously after Doppleganger Week last year which served absolutely no purpose at all? How can we take something like this seriously when breast cancer awareness week involved Facebook statuses that instead of promoting breast cancer awareness, promoted promiscuity in the form of “I like it on the…” – but leaving out where you liked your purse to be on. If we want to be involved, we need to put ourselves in the position of being involved. Facebook isn’t going to do that for us. Changing your Facebook profile picture isn’t going to do that. This doesn’t end child abuse. The majority of users are changing their pictures to cartoons to be the person who reminded everyone what a great cartoon that was and completely missing the entire point.
03 Oct 2010
– Glee actress Dianna Agron recently tested for the reboot of the new Spiderman starring Andrew Garfield.
– Pacific Coast News reported that they saw Miley Cyrus out last night at Voyeur Nightclub in Hollywood. The club is 21+ and themed around sex. Miley is 17.[Source]
– Jersey Shore’s Snooki was unable to find herself a gorilla juicehead on the most recent season of MTV’s Jersey Shore so the network will be giving Snooks her very own reality dating show. [Source]
– Fashion stylist to the stars Rachel Zoe may possibly be pregnant. If true, this news is coming in at a good time since she recently had a mutual breakup with assistant Brad Goreski and there has not been any word on whether or not her show The Rachel Zoe Project will be renewed. [Source]
– The Power Rangers are returning to the tube with Power Rangers Samurai! The site was recently launched this week and features the characters in the show. They finally cast an Asian actress for the part of the pink ranger and not the yellow ranger. [Source]
– After 13 years, Heidi Klum has decided to hang up her wings from Victoria’s Secret. [Source]
Baby Paris Hilton running away from Nancy Reagan. Oh the good ‘ol days…
– Rick Sanchez has been fired from CNN [Source]
– Kings of Leon will play three US tour dates in Boston, East Rutherford – New Jersey, and New York. [Source]
– The Rocket Summer will be releasing a new EP entitled Of Men and Angels: The B-Sides which will include five tracks that did not make the cut for Of Men and Angels released earlier this year. [Source]
E! host Giuliana and Bill Rancic have opened up about their miscarriage on The View for the first time. [Source]
ABC has already decided to cancel their new series “My Generation” after two episodes. [Source] That sucks… maybe that means Wren can finally come back to Pretty Little Liars.
In Seattle news…
– Cupcake Royale’s new cupcake of the month is pumpkin maple! [Source]
12 Mar 2010
Today, Max and I watched an online news story from CNN about a 33-year old teacher who had had sexual relations with a 14-year old…Gross! Plus, she actually decided to just walk into that police station with her attorney and turn herself in. Said teacher could be facing seven years in prison now.
So why do teachers do this? They’re supposed to be educators yes? Role models? Of course. They are not supposed to be your first time, your lovin’ on the side, or whatever it is you want to call it. It’s just bad news.
Somehow we’re not all that phased when we see it in Mean Girls, in Saved By the Bell the College Years (bad example, Kelly Kapowski was of age I’m sure, but that’s her professor!) and other examples that I can’t think of right now.
The Frisky informed me that based on a new study, women who are teachers top the list as being one of the most unfaithful. The most unfaithful women can also be found as housewives (duh! Desperate Housewives anyone?) nurses, administrative assistants, and real estate agents. For men: doctors, lawyers, policemen, engineers, and real estate agents.
I bet the whole world is wondering where musicians, athletes, politicians, actors and porn stars fall on the list. Just saying…
24 Oct 2009
for a Halloween costume for next week…
15 Oct 2009
Falcon Heene … is now a celebrity. I’m not going to recap this story because I’m sure we all know it by now. I’ve skimmed a lot of the articles so maybe my question (s) are already answered but…
1) Why is this family making a giant homemade balloon?
2) Was this in fact a publicity stunt? The family has already been on Wife Swap after all…
“When asked by his father on-air why he didn’t respond, the boy replied, “You guys said we did this for the show.”
When the father was pressed by Wolf Blitzer, who was filling in for King, to explain what his son meant, he became uncomfortable, finally saying he was “appalled” by the questions, and then adding that Falcon was likely referring to all the media coverage.” source
You know what Falcon? I have nothing more to say to you except
05 Aug 2009
Just looking at the pictures make me so sad for them. I can’t imagine being over there not really knowing what your fate will be and knowing that you have absolutely no control.
Big ups to President Clinton! HAYY
Read more “Laura Ling and Euna Lee arrive home”
24 Jul 2009
In Rhode Island, if you are under 18 but over the age of 16, you are allowed to strip… at strip clubs as long as you stay indoors and are home by 11:30 AND indoor prostitution is allowed in this state as well.
… uhhh grossss man. I mean isn’t there enough concern surrounding pedophiles already?
Watch the video on CNN about it here
Also my sales lady at Pac Sun told me today that you are allowed to return anything you buy in the state of Washington if you claim that you were drunk when you bought it.
Fact(s) of the day.