11 Dec 2009
(It was hard to find a relevant picture, but yes, that is a pad plastered onto her forehead.)
Beginning fall 2010, Columbia University in New York will install a new “gender neutral” housing policy available for anyone that is NOT a freshmen. YES! This does mean that guys and girls will be able to select each other as roommates.
My thoughts: If this is an equality issue, then I suppose I understand the university’s new policy. After all, couples of the same gender, regardless of mentioning that they are dating, are allowed to live together so why can’t heterosexual couples? Most of the people choosing to dorm with their significant other will be over 19 so this is allowed, right? At least you wouldn’t have to worry about your other roommate being sexiled from now on. I see the positives in this.
The only problem I see with this is what would happen if a couple were to break up. Awkward. I mean let’s face it, not everyone can be a Cory and Topanga. (And years later after remembering one of my favorite shows, I am now wondering WHY they named her Topanga.) I don’t think people are too young to make the decision of living with their significant other, but I hope that they are sure of what they are doing because it can be troublesome. If I had this option, I think I would still choose to live with my girlfriends maybe. This is my last year to dorm anyways and I can’t really imagine living with a boy.
What do you guys think?
17 Jul 2009
– Lindsay’s new movie Labor Pains will will debut this Sunday on ABC Family.
– Mischa Barton has been placed under an involuntary psychiatric hold at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. 🙁
On Wednesday, Barton called police at 3 p.m. with a health problem, LAPD Officer April Harding confirmed to PEOPLE. “We assisted her with a medical issue and removed her from her home,” says Harding.
– Aly & AJ have now changed their name to 78violet. Apparently the numbers are their lucky numbers respectively and violet is their stage persona?
– Tegan and Sara will be releasing their new album “Sainthood” at the end of October.
– Apparently, word on the street…crocs are DEAD. Thank god.
– Ivanka Trump has become engaged to New York Observer’s publisher, Jared Kushner.
– Emma Watson will NOT be attending Columbia University, but Brown University this fall!
24 Jun 2009
– Kate Gosselin spilled in an exclusive interview w/ People Magazine about how they told their kids about the split.
– TMZ has obtained Jon and Kate’s divorce papers after two days. [I just wanted to say that I think this is disgusting. Can they not get any privacy during this time?]
– Emma Watson had her choice of any Ivy League college and she has chosen Columbia University.
Her full name is Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson but for obvious reasons, she is taking her middle name. She is already listed in the student directory but isn’t releasing this information personally for the sake of wanting to be normal. Understandable.
– Nick Jonas is in Washington DC this week to meet with Senator Lautenberg to discuss funding and research for Juvenile Diabetes.
– Casting is underway for a possible Facebook movie to be titled, “The Social Network.” Shia Labeouf and Michael Cera are possible candidates to play the founder of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg.
– Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo have ended their relationship