- Winning Your Twenties
- The Fancy Juices You Are Drinking Are Killing You
- The Way Nobody Tells You Your Life Will Change After School
- The Truth Is, Most People Aren’t Looking To Love A ‘Perfect’ Person Anyway
- What The World Teaches Women
- How To Break Your Own Heart
- The 5 Types of Guys in Every Romantic Comedy
- 5 Things You Must Immediately Change When You Meet Someone You Like
- 10 Etiquette Tips on Interacting With Short People
- The 8 Types of Girlfriends You’ll Date In Your 20s
- 3 Types of Undateable Men
- The Best Zingers From James Franco’s Comedy Central Roast That Will Keep You Laughing All Week
- The Cost of Breaking Up
The Postal Service – A Tattered Line of String
The Postal Service has also confirmed that it will finally perform on TV for the first time ever Wednesday, June 19, on The Colbert Report. Tune in to Comedy Central tomorrow night at 11:30/10:30c
It also happens to look a lot like the symbol for copyright. Why is Central upside down? I don’t get it. New design fail!
“The logo is part of a larger redesign project geared toward updating the channel’s look and integrating well with social media.”
So far, I haven’t seen one new design/logo change that I have liked this year.
The All-Ages Movement Project won the $50,000 prize in the Pepsi Refresh Everything campaign earlier this year. As a result, The Vera Project in Seattle hosted a show today from 1-3:30 PM featuring Zephyrs, Naomi Punk, and one of my favorite Seattle bands of all time Minus the Bear. MTV productions were also be present along with Suchin Pak to record footage for a special MTV presentation that will air at a later date.
The All-Ages Movement Project exists in local venues that showcase hip-hop, indie, and punk music. These venues are open to all young individuals of all ages who enjoy seeing live music and performing music. They offer opportunities to learn new skills through internships with the venues, showcasing their art in shows, and recording music through their own recording studio. I have been involved with the all-ages movement since I was 15 years and old and I cannot even begin to express how much it has done for me and the impact that these venues have had on the local Seattle music scene. These venues include the Kirkland Teen Center, The Old Redmond Firehouse, Ground Zero Teen Center in Bellevue, and The Vera Project.
What Seattle bands have had their start through all-ages teen centers?
- Death Cab for Cutie
- Common Market
- Brite Futures (formerly known as Natalie Portman’s Shaved Head)
- Danger Radio
- The Scene Aesthetic
- Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground
- Minus the Bear
At the end of the show, I had a few minutes to catch up w/ MTV correspondent Suchin Pak who filled me in on the Pepsi Refresh Project.
Basically the project has $1,300,000 that they give away to people with great ideas and the All-Ages Movement Project won their $50,000 grant back in February so they’ve been traveling for three weeks visiting their recipients and documenting footage to be shown on channels like MTV, VH1, Comedy Central etc. Seattle was their last stop!
To learn more about the project click here
To learn more about the all-ages movement click here