25 Jun 2017
We’re doing a different format this week. This two-part article about a girl who texted her boyfriend to commit suicide is now facing nearly 20 years in prison. Read the two parts to the article here:
- The Bizarre Trial of the 20-year-old Who Texted Her Boyfriend to Kill Himself [Vice]
- Inside the Tense Courtroom When the Suicide Texter was Found Guilty [Vice]
Other roundup news:
- Chance the Rapper Hires American Sign Language interpreters for upcoming shows [Hypebeast]
- What Would Happen If You Never Used An Alarm Clock? [Digg]
- Skateboarding legend Brain Anderson on coming out [The New Yorker]
- I was an investor, she was a founder. [Source]
21 Jun 2016
It’s nearing 11:00 PM which means that the almost midnight craving wave is starting to come over me and what do we want?! None other than a good ‘ol fashioned hot dog. Have any of you ever seen that film, “Now You See Me?” There’s a scene in that film where they talk about a subject who gets led into doing something because he’s been getting clues and hints about it for a duration of time. When you start to hear and see something that just keeps coming up, you naturally find yourself craving that. Well, today my dad told me he ate a hot dog. Step 1. Then I was in Capitol Hill in the Pike/Pine area where I normally pick up a hot dog after a night out like I did in college. Step 2. and Step 3 – I just came across this article on Cool Material outlining the 12 best unique hot dog toppings. If that’s not a sign, then I don’t know what is.
You can make yourself even more hungry HERE.
21 Dec 2015
- Polly Pocket sets that every 90’s kid loved [Buzzfeed] I owned 75% of all of the sets that were shown in these photos.
- The 10 biggest trends in 2015 [High Snobiety]
- The 41 most Instagrammed It Items of 2015 [Refinery29]
- The 6 Shoes Every Grown Man Should Own [Cool Material]
- Dropbox was given a Michelin Star [Medium]
- Things that Pitchfork was disappointed about in 2015 [Pitchfork]
Also, just want to note that there will be many more round-up posts as we get closer to the end of the year! I just need to wrap everything up with work first before my focus shifts to Yow Yow! Don’t worry, we’ll do our usuals that we love to do every year and look forward to.
21 Dec 2015
I don’t know how it began, but a couple of months ago, my team had found out that another team upstairs had been getting into puzzles. Not wanting to feel left out, we started a friendly competition. It didn’t last long because the other team got bored with their puzzles, but our team had kept on going. We are now on our 3rd puzzle together so when I stumbled upon this one of a vinyl collection on Cool Material, I felt like it was screaming my name. I really did debate purchasing it for a good minute. I was never really into puzzles as a kid, but I still remember seeing stores at the mall that were just dedicated to them. I used to wonder who would go into these stores, now I realize it’s 25-year old me.
22 Oct 2015
This is the kind of thing that terrifies me, but it doesn’t surprise one bit that it exists. If you’re living in your space and finding that things are getting a bit too crowded lately, but that you have high ceilings, why not build yourself your own loft?! Doesn’t this seem kind of dangerous? Just me? For just $3,115 you can purchase the DIY Loft Kit which includes all of the things you need to build your own loft. Uh, can we task rabbit a professional to do this for us?