When Lea Michele accepted her award last night for Teen Choice TV Actress: Comedy, we were a little surprised and not sure what to expect. She has briefly stepped out into the public since Cory’s passing and has not said too many words, but we kept hearing from her cast mates that Lea was a “true professional” and that she was very very strong. That was obviously true last night as she dedicated her award to Cory and spoke about him in a moving and tearful speech. Yes, I was even brought to tears myself watching the show last night.
Jane Lynch appeared on Jay Leno earlier this week and spoke fondly about Cory Monteith.
So touching 🙁
I am saddened to come home to news that Cory Monteith has passed away today at the age of 31. The breakout star of Glee became an overnight-singing sensation through the hit show, but openly admitted to the media recently that he was seeking treatment for his drug addiction in rehab. Things were looking up for the young actor and his girlfriend and co-star Lea Michele expressed her support by staying by the actor’s side through this. Unfortunately, Cory was found in his room today at the Fairmont Pacific Hotel.
I can only imagine how difficult this is for the entire Glee cast and crew. Our prayers are with those close to Cory.
– Supermodel Agyness Deyn came forward earlier this week to announce that she is 29-years old, which is six years older than the age stated on her CV. [Source]
– Stefano Pilati has “left the YSL building.” Pilati has been the creative director over at YSL since 2004. [Source]
– Bethany Cosentino of Best Coast is designing a line for Urban Outfitters. [Source]
– Glee’s Idina Menzel will be going on tour. [Source]
– Warner Music has launched a YouTube channel. [Source]
– Despicable Me 2 teaser trailer
– Emma Watson will star in Sofia Coppola’s new film titled, “The Bling Ring” about a group of fashion-obsessed teenagers who break into the homes of celebrities and eventually get caught. It’s inspired by a true story…and Lifetime already did it…last year. [Source]
– Lindsay will make her 239479th comeback this weekend when she hosts Saturday Night Live.
– Jennifer Love Hewitt turned her Lifetime movie, The Client List into Lifetime television series, The Client List. [Source]
– Bristol Palin is getting a docuseries on Lifetime. “This show will reveal the real Bristol Palin and her journey as a daughter, a mother and a young woman making her way in the world.” Um…what?!
– Meet the newest contestants for Dancing With the Stars. [Source]
– Casting has begun for the new CW Sex and the City prequel pilot, The Carrie Diaries, and it looks like AnnaSophia Robb will play a young Carrie. [Source]
– Oprah Winfrey will interview the late Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown’s daughter Bobbi Kristina exclusively, which will air on Sunday, March 11th at 9PM on OWN. [Source]
– Top Pot Doughnuts are headed to Bellevue Square. [Source]
– Capitol Hill’s Molly Moon’s is taking over the old Flora & Henri shop to create a Willy Wonka-esque “kitchen on display” that will highlight their specialty ice cream and signature cones being made. The space is set to open in the summer. [Source]
– Skillet will call the Seattle Center home. [Source]
– EMP’s Sound Off! finals are tomorrow night and we’ve got a Seattle University band in the running: Feet. Check out the rest of the acts here. I like these guys a lot!
– Jan Berenstain passed away this week at 88. This one was my favorite because I went through a phase as a kid where I loved seeing pictures of illustrated food/candy. I kid you not, another one of my favorite books was a children’s book on the affects of diabetes.
– Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose are now engaged! The couple have been dating for over a year. [Source]
– Ke$ha turned 25 and Justin Bieber turned 18 this week.
– US Weekly shows the evolution of Lindsay Lohan’s face and it ain’t pretty. [Source]
– Lea Michele and Cory Monteith – romantically involved? US Weekly believes so. [Source]
– Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner have announced the birth of their newborn son, Samuel Garner Affleck. [Source]
– …and Snooki is preggers. [Source]
– Lamar Odom has been dropped by the Dallas Mavericks and has been sent down to the NBA Development League. OH NO!! POOR LAM LAM 🙁 [Source]
– Actress Kaley Cuoco has called off her engagement to Josh Resnik. [Source]
– Natalie Portman had a secret wedding and is already married to Benjamin Millipied. [Source]
Nina Dobrev in D&G
– Matthew Williamson’s collection for Macy’s is now out and it is packed with beautiful party dresses and prints for the spring/summer. View and purchase the collection here.
– J. Crew will open their first International store in the UK at the end of the summer. [Source]
– Last season, Miu Miu’s appliqued dress made on the cover of nearly every magazine. This season, it is Prada’s entire Spring collection that has earned 48 covers. [Source]
– FOX News makes a huge deal over a J.Crew ad in which creative director Jenna Lyons is painting her son’s toenails pink. [Source]
– Incubus will release their new album “If Not Now, When?” on July 12th. [Source]
– Glenn Beck has been using Metric’s music and Emily Haines is weirded out. [Source]
– Taking Back Sunday’s new self-titled album will be released June 28th. [Source]
– My favorite former boy band member Jeff Timmons of 98 Degrees has decided to join the Chippendales dance crew at the Rio in Las Vegas from May 12 thru June 5. [Source] The little girl inside of me is swooning.
– And in case you haven’t heard yet, Nicki Minaj will be touring with Britney Spears this summer. [Source]
– LCD Soundsystem will be releasing their final show on DVD. [Source]
– Nickelodeon has renewed iCarly for a fifth season. [Source]
– ABC is cancelling All My Children and One Life to Live. [Source]
– AJ Cook is planning her return to Criminal Minds full time again. [Source]
– Cannes has announced their film festival line up. [Source]
– Ellen Page, Jesse Eisenberg, Penelope Cruz, and Alec Baldwin have signed on for Woody Allen’s new film set to be shot in Rome this summer. [Source]
– Monte Carlo starring Selena Gomez, Katie Cassidy, and Leighton Meester with an appearance by Cory Monteith. I don’t think anyone actually believes that all of them are supposed to be just graduated seniors.
– Moe bar will be streaming live coverage from Coachella this weekend for free! Still not the same experience, but it’s the thought that counts. [Source]
– This Saturday is Record Store Day! Tons of record stores in Seattle will be having special events including band signings and special band performances. For the full schedule, check out The Stranger here. Also, a new record store called Spin Cycle is opening TODAY on Broadway at 321 Broadway on Capitol Hill.
– Yogurtland’s opening is tentatively planned for this weekend! [Source]
– A man is auctioning off a jelly bean that looks like it has an imprint of Kate Middleton’s face. [Source]
– NBA has fined Kobe Bryant $100,000 for his offensive slur at a ref. [Source]
– Seann William Scott has checked out of rehab. [Source]
– Catherine Zeta-Jones is currently being treated for bi-polar disorder. [Source]
– Scarlett Johansson has moved in with Sean Penn. [Source]
– Emma Roberts is covering the May issue of Seventeen Magazine. [Source]
– Harry Potter actress Bonnie Wright is engaged to Jamie Campbell Bower. [Source]
– A two-year old boy was given sangria instead of orange juice at a Florida Olive Garden. [Source] rookie mistake
– Learn how to be a jetsetter with Refinery 29’s useful infographic. [Source]
– The world’s oldest man, Walter Breuning has passed away at age 114. [Source] Damn.
Hooray. This is the longest In the News…posting I have ever made.
Colin Hanks and Anna Kendrick in Alberta Ferretti. He is really starting to look a lot like his father.
I caught some outtake photos of Dianna Agron, Cory Monteith, and Lea Michele in GQ last night and BOY are they scandalous! This was the most conservative group picture that I could find of them, but everything else seemed too inappropriate for me to post. I felt a little awkward even viewing them. Are these the same glee club geeks I watch on FOX every Tuesday night? It couldn’t be… but then it was. Click the source if you dare.