30 Jun 2013
Come midnight (late this evening/tomorrow early morning) Google Reader will be officially gone! Sad day, for everyone that has used the service to keep track of their blogs and news. Don’t be caught surprised though; make sure you are doing all of your transfers before midnight to save all of your favorite blogs easily. My preference of choice would be Bloglovin, but Kevin has also suggested using Feedly as well.
You can also stay up to date on Yow Yow by subscribing via Bloglovin here.
02 Jun 2013
Before Instagram, before Twitter, and before Facebook, there once was a social platform that enabled all teenagers to unleash their feelings on a daily basis. For my friends and I – it was the woes of middle school. I haven’t accessed my Xanga account in nearly 10 years, but I can still remember how expressive my feelings were back then on the funny thing someone mentioned in gym class, how I decided to present on the negative side effects of Ecstasy on my health project, and how every day I managed to smack the kid below me in the head with my locker. It really was unfair for him to have a bottom locker especially since he was so much taller than me. Xanga was ridiculous, but it will forever remain to be a very cherished memory for me. I won’t miss it. Middle school days equal severe awkwardness, right? It was, however, probably the place where I first started blogging so I suppose it deserves some credit. In order for Xanga to stay alive, they need to earn $60,000 by July 15.
It was nice knowing you.
07 Apr 2013
Today the legendary and iconic Lilly Pulitzer Rousseau passed away today at 81. The fashion designer passed away surrounded by friends in Palm Beach, Florida.
On the company’s Facebook page, an announcement was made:
“Lilly has been a true inspiration to us and we will miss her,” the statement said. “In the days and weeks ahead we will celebrate all that Lilly meant to us. Lilly was a true original who has brought together generations through her bright and happy mark on the world.”
Lilly’s designs have always been something to admire and even as of recently when viewing her latest collections, I dreamed of putting my future little girls in her perfect pink and green dresses. She will always be remembered and my prayers go out to her friends and family.
03 Feb 2013
Last night was the series finale of Victorious and though I don’t think any of us were ready for it to end, it happened. I’ve been a fan of Victoria Justice since her days on Zoey 101 so when I learned that she would be having her own show on Nickelodeon, I was a little bit excited. Yeah, whatever I’m 22. But have you seen the show? It’s hilarious – and my two little cousins absolutely adore it so it always reminded me of them. The finale was disappointing because there was never really any closure between the characters. We didn’t end up seeing what happened to them or where they ended up. We never got a last performance and we were only restricted to 30 minutes.
Victoria Justice, however, thought we deserved more so she wrote an open letter to all of her fans thanking everyone for the support over the last couple of years and where the characters ended up.
Her headlining tour? Um. Count me in.
16 Jan 2013
Easy Street Records on Queen Anne will close this Friday, but before they shut their doors for the last time, there will be one more performance. This Friday, alternative rock group Yo La Tengo will put on the very last performance at the Queen Anne location for free and for all ages. Show starts at 7pm.
The West Seattle Easy Street Records location is still open.
12 Jan 2013
– Nicki Minaj’s hairstylist quits. [Source]
– It was Marc Jacobs’s psychiatrist that advised him to turn down the Dior gig. [Source]
– A song about Harry Styles is on its way y’all! [Source]
– Ke$ha was paid just $1.63 to write a song for Miley Cyrus. Yes, that’s $1.63… 63 cents. [Source]
– Jurassic Park 4 will be released June 13, 2014. [Source]
– Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame may hit Broadway. [Source]
– Pirates of the Caribbean, really? [Source]
– Tina Fey on Twitter.
– Britney has not only split with fiance Jason Trawick, but has also given back his $90K engagement ring. [Source]
– Facebook is considering adding a fee to send messages to people that you are not connected with for a whopping $100. [Source]
– Crystal Harris signed a pretty serious Prenup before marrying Hugh Hefner. UM HOBviously. [Source]
– Do we like this new portrait of Kate Middleton revealed yesterday? Apparently, no one does. [Source]
– Jennifer Lawrence and actor Nicholas Hoult split. [Source]
– Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell are expecting their first child. [Source] Luckily that Marilyn Manson thing was just a phase…
– Reddit Co-Founder and Digital Activist Aaron Swartz has committed suicide. [Source]
– Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis are engaged! [Source]
02 Jan 2013
– Zooey Deschanel does not look like Zooey Deschanel on the cover of Glamour. [Source]
– Fake braces are all the rage right now in Asia. [Source]
– Girls will be releasing a soundtrack in January! Excited. Hope this is on Spotify because their music selection is. on. point. [Source]
– Our girl Britney will be working on a new album. [Source]
– a scripted hour-long drama is in the works for E! and will be a mixture of Gallery Girls and Mean Girls called Gallerina [Source]
– Ann Curry won’t let that NBC drama get her down. Apparently, she’s been contacted for a position at CNN as an anchor. [Source]
– The shows that ended in 2012.
– Andddd the television characters that passed away in 2012. [Source]
– The Twilight Saga was voted the worst movies of all time. Shocker. [Source]
– We prepare to say goodbye to the iconic Easy Street Records on Queen Anne. [Source]
– Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris finally got married! She didn’t run away this time. [Source]
Did I mention that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are having a spawn baby together?
– The PS2 is not more. Japan stops production. [Source]
– Are you in a profession that could lead you to being a psychopath?
Author Kevin Dutton tells us in his new book which professions are most likely and least likely to lead to psychopathy. [Source]
03 Dec 2012
Let’s start with bad news.
RIP Das Racist.
I’ll never forget the time I almost worked with you for a show and you asked me for $10K when my budget was $3K. That’s life. I do, however, want to thank you for giving me this gem.
There’s a video of me butchering this song, but out of love. I’m truly sorry about that.
In other news…
Every time I see Cassadee Pope perform on this season of The Voice, I am shaking and crying inside a little bit. The former scene kid in me loves her and is rooting for her to succeed. Hey Monday was glorious, but we all know that Cassadee was bringing something much more to the table and she is shining this season. No matter what happens in the end, I know she’ll be successful and I know that everyone else who used to watch her at the smaller venues and in local teen centers feel the same way.
14 Nov 2012
For as long as I can remember, we have always had a Marie Callendar pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. About two years ago, the only location in the entire state of Washington closed. I can’t even remember where we got our pie last year, but it was not so great. No one does it like Marie can. This year, we will be running into the same dilemma and I am in dire need of suggestions.
Seattlelites – ASSEMBLE! Throw out your suggestions so that I do not have to disappoint my family this year.
Also here is what is out of the question:
- baking it myself
- Grocery store bought
We’re looking for quality here.