Lucy Hale in Wes Gordon
This is my favorite dress of the night! I actually once purchased one almost exactly like it from ASOS until they ran out of my size.
I already pretty much love Demi Lovato’s latest single “Give Your Heart A Break,” but I love it so much more now that my dear friend Matt Bekker is covering it. Matt has been in my life for nearly six years now as a great friend and a wonderful supporter of my endeavors. He is one of the most talented guys I know and I am so very proud of him. I cannot wait to see what he will come up with next.
Unfortunately, I’m a little behind on my news having not blogged consistently for the past couple of weeks, but this is the best I could do!
– Designer Tracy Feith will design for TOMS Shoes. The designer was known for his highly successful collection for Target. [Source]
– Vogue has announced that they will no longer be working with models under the age of 16 or models who look unhealthy. [Source]
– Justin Timberlake is still not returning to music because he’s too busy working on a design line for HomeMint. [Source]
– The Wanted’s latest track, “Chasing the Sun” will be used as the title track for Ice Age 4: Continental Drift. [Source]
– Earlier this week, a first-grader was suspended for singing the line “I’m sexy and I know it” from LMFAO’s latest song. [Source]
– Teen Wolf Season 2. It’s almost here. [Source]
– Will Jeopardy host, Alex Trabek, leave the show? I sure hope not. [Source]
– Britney Spears and Demi Lovato have joined The X Factor. [Source]
– The Jonas Brothers are getting a reality show on E! y’all! [Source]
– Twilight’s Kellan Lutz has just signed on to play Tarzan in the new animated film. [Source]
– And yet another trailer for The Amazing Spider Man.
– Outkast’s Andre 3000 will begin shooting for the Jimi Hendrix biopic next month. [Source]
– The Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) lineup is up! [Source]
– A new Seattle spot is opening up and it is dedicated to one of my favorite desserts – the Molten Chocolate Cake. Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery will open up later on this month. [Source]
– Demi Moore has officially changed her Twitter handle. [Source]
– Jessica Simpson finally gave birth to a baby girl named Maxwell Drew Johnson.
– RIP to the Beastie Boys’ Adam “MCA” Youch. He passed away Friday at age 47 after battling cancer for two years.
– Kings of Leon’s Jared Followill has proposed to model Martha Patterson. The two have been dating for only a few months. [Source]
– SNL’s Taran Killam and HIMYM’s Cobie Smulders will marry this September. [Source]
I sometimes find it a little strange to admit, but even though I’m older than them in age – I still admire Disney stars like Demi Lovato or Selena Gomez. Personally, I don’t think I could ever be an actress because I’m a terrible liar and I have giggle fits at almost everything, but I admire them because they are both accomplishing so much at their age. It’s impressive and there’s no denying that. I’m a hopeless Disney Channel fan and so like many other young girls – when I found out that Demi Lovato was hurting and suffering from an eating disorder and self harming among other underlying issues at 18, I was shocked.
I think we can’t ever fully understand what it’s like to live that kind of fast paced lifestyle unless we have it. For years, when I was younger, I was confused at how celebrities could ever get involved so deep with these kinds of things when it seemed like they had everything. And I’ve come to the realization that it’s us that is to blame sometimes. We put celebrities and especially young role models on these pedestals and I suppose it doesn’t help that Disney paints these images of them as these characters. That’s all they are though – just…characters.
I feel for Demi though and I thought that the MTV special was beautifully done and painted her as not just a singer or an actress or a performer, but a human. In the last few weeks, there has been speculation that Demi has relapsed and has been in and out of rehab. Her camp denied these rumors, but who really knows? In tonight’s special, she didn’t admit to a full recovery, but allowing herself to share her story with others and being this vulnerable is yet another reason why I find her to be an inspiring role model – even if she didn’t ask for it and even if she never intended to be one in the first place.
Demi Lovato sat down with MTV correspondent Suchin Pak after the special.
– Kate Moss is the new face for Mango! [Source]
– The nominees for the 2012 Bloglovin’ Awards have been revealed. [Source]
– Alexa Chung will take on the role as creative director for Superga’s next campaign. [Source]
– Celine will not be showing at Fashion Week this year because Phoebe Philo is taking time off for her pregnancy. [Source]
– Victoria’s Secret is launching their new high-end lingerie line, “The Victoria’s Secret Designer Collection.” Some pieces were even featured in last year’s fashion show. [Source]
– Karl Lagerfeld’s capsule collection will debut tomorrow on Net-A-Porter. [Source]
– Prefix reveals their list of 100 Most Anticipated Albums for 2012! [Source]
– Katy Perry has launched a line of false eyelashes. [Source]
– iHeartRadio has chosen 14 colleges to represent their sponsored stations. Seattle is not on the list. [Source]
– 2012 exhibits at the EMP will include AC/DC and Jimi Hendrix. [Source]
– Jimmy Fallon is caught in a strange lawsuit involving female domination on his set. [Source]
– Summer Glau will join the cast of Grey’s Anatomy. [Source]
– ABC has ordered a pilot to reboot Beauty and the Beast. [Source]
– 2011 Sound Off! winners Tomten has just been signed to Flat Field Records. [Source]
– Everyone can breathe easy now – Everyday Music will be moving across the street in March where the Diamond Parking Service Garage currently lives. [Source]
– Sea-Tac Airport is partnering with PlayNetwork and the Seattle Music Commission to bring travelers in-terminal music. [Source]
– If you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon for Facebook’s new Timeline format, you better act soon or else Facebook will do it FOR you. [Source]
– Demi Lovato has checked into rehab once again reportedly for addictions to alcohol, drugs, and cocaine use. Get well soon Demi :( [Source]
– Demi Moore has also been rushed to the hospital earlier today for substance abuse. [Source]
– Paula Deen’s publicist has quit! [Source]
– Four couples in London broke the record for the world’s longest hug. Awwww! [Source]
– Vimeo is on the verge of relaunching their new website and some pretty snazzy features. [Source]
– Street style photographers Scott Schuman and Garance Dore are both expanding their blogs together. [Source]
– James Franco is on the cover of Flaunt’s latest issue baring his ASSets. [Source]
– Crooked teeth are so in. Go get them done. [Source]
– Kevin Richardson will perform with the Backstreet Boys again for a one-time performance. [Source]
– Maroon 5’s Adam Levine hates Fox News. A lot. [Source]
– MTV will air True Life: I’m Occupying Wall Street on Nov. 5th 6PM EST [Source]
– Paranormal Activity 3 set the world record for biggest horror movie debut this past weekend raking in $54 million at the box office. [Source]
– The Chocolate Box is planning a pop-up shop outside of Pacific Place for mid-fall. The Chocolate Box Express will open Nov. 12 for weekends and beginning Nov 25. daily. [Source]
– The Kardashians are expanding into home decor with their new trademarked name Kardashian Kollection Home. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan will pose for Playboy for a reported $1 million. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan arrived to court the other day with some pretty inflated cheeks. Reason for bloating? Apparently she got some dental work done and thank goodness cause her teeth were a wreck last week. [Source]
– Tony Romo and Candice Crawford are expecting. [Source]
– Actress Kaley Cuoco is engaged to boyfriend Josh ‘Lazie’ Reznik. [Source]
– Tara Reid confesses that she’s not actually married? [Source]
– The Oakland Police Department just went nuts on the locals participating in OccupyOakland by resorting to tear gas. [Source]
– Japan’s Burger King is launching a new promotion that allows customers to eat “All the Whoppers they can in 30 minutes.” For $11, you can eat to your heart’s content. If America launched this, we’d be in big trouble. [Source]
– Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderrama are dating…again? He sure likes his barely legals. [Source]
– Amy Winehouse died unintentionally by consuming too much alcohol. [Source]
I was introduced to Demi Lovato as both an actress and a singer at the same time when I came across the Disney short series, As the Bell Rings, a few years back. One of her first albums “Here We Go Again” was the soundtrack to my summer just two years ago and even though I was older than the Disney stars then, I was still a fan of hers. If you think about it, it’s no different than girls I know who are Beliebers.
– Disney star, Brenda Song and Miley’s half-brother and former frontman of Metro Station, Trace Cyrus are …expecting. … Yikes. [Source]
– We learned that Miley’s “sex appeal will sell,” strategy was actually a flop. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan debuted her newly injected and plumped face this weekend at Kim Kardashian’s wedding. She’s starting to transition smoothly into Cat Lady Jocelyn Wildenstein, right? Apparently, the 25-year old was trying to look 20, but instead aged to 50. Wait- why would anyone want to look 20?! [Source]
– Paris Hilton’s reality show was canceled. No surprise there. Remember when she walked out of her interview w/ Good Morning America because she was being grilled too hard and she felt like she was being attacked?
– The 11-year old departing actor who plays the son of Betty Draper on Mad Men had a few words of advice for the incoming actor taking over his role: “Be careful around January [Jones] … She’s not as approachable as the others. She’s really serious about what she does. Everyone else is so nice.” Today, actor John Slattery defended his co-star by saying that she was just a sweetheart playing an intimidating character. [1 2]
– Taylor Swift has purchased her family a new $2,500,000 house in Nashville, TN. [Source]
– I loved Demi’s last album, but the song titles seem kind of iffy… [Source]
***Oh geez, blogging these days has made me a bit bruta – ! Sorry!
And happy wedding day Kim Kardashian. Merr.
– To celebrate the new Playboy club in London, Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman has created an updated version of the Playboy bunny suit. [Source]
– Designer Tory Burch has launched a new Tumblr showcasing her favorite people, places, and interests. Visit Torypedia.
– Lauren Bush and Judith Leiber have collaborated together in designing the FEED evening clutch.
“The clutch retails for $495, far less than many of Leiber’s more elaborately bejeweled minaudières, and $250 from every bag sold will go to supporting global food-supply programs. In fact, each sale will provide 1,000 school meals for children in need, the largest amount yet associated with one of FEED’s products.” [Source]
– Angelina Jolie is the new face of Louis Vuitton. [Source]
– Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are debuting a new optical line. [Source]
– Above is the cover art for Bon Iver’s newest self-titled album due out June 21st, 2011. Tracklisting at the…[Source]
– Taylor Swift has bought herself an LA mansion. [Source]
– TV on the Radio bassist Gerard Smith has passed away after losing his battle with leukemia. [Source]
– Kanye West’s charity has closed. [Source]
– Ashley Fink and the Dalton Academy Warblers will also join New Directions on the Glee tour this summer. [Source]
– Detroit’s Movement Electronic Music Festival has released their lineup. [Source]
– Author James Frey will return to Oprah’s talk show in one of her last episodes to discuss his new book “The Final Testament of the Holy Bible” after she ripped him a new one five years ago for his book “A Million Little Pieces.” [Source]
– Chris Colfer has sold a pilot to the Disney Channel called The Little Leftover Witch. [Source]
– Justin Timberlake will host the May 21 season finale of Saturday Night Live with Lady Gaga as the musical guest. [Source] Stacked lineup.
– Demi Lovato has decided to leave her role on Disney’s “Sonny With a Chance” after receiving treatment for her eating disorder and bipolar disorder. She will continue to focus on her music career. [Source]
– Scream 4 actors Emma Roberts and Rory Culkin grace Nylon’s May 2011 Young Hollywood issue. [Source]
– Marion Cotillard will play Miranda Tate in “The Dark Night Rises” and Joseph Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a police officer. [Source]
– Bellevue Square prepares for Forever 21’s arrival. [Source]
– Capitol Hill will be the first location for the new morning parking meters for the late night parties. [Source]
– James Franco has been accepted into the University of Houston’s Creative Writing Program. [Source] Just stop it…
– Not everyone can tweet like Zooey Deschanel can. [Source]
– Jane Krakowski has given birth to a son. [Source]
– Meet TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People of 2011. [Source]
– Didn’t watch your language on the court? MAKE A PSA! Nice Kobe. [Source]
– There is a new laser treatment called Axilase that will help you reduce your amount of sweat. [Source]
– Evan Rachel Wood admits to being bisexual. [Source]
– LeAnn “Homewrecker” Rimes is apparently engaged to Eddie Cibrian. [Source]
– Former Bachelorette contestant Julian Hug was found dead Wednesday along a Southern California Highway in San Diego. [Source]
This guy loves Pokemon. Don’t mess. Language totally NSFW.
– Joseph Gordon-Levitt is doing a college tour to promote his new project RE:Acting & RECording.
The dates are: UCLA – Nov 8, UPenn – Nov 17, Columbia – Nov 19, NYU – Nov 20, and USC – Nov 22. [Source]
– Christina Aguilera is back in the studio recording a new album after the failure that was “Bionic.” The new album is inspired by her sophomore album “Stripped.” Oh geez, please don’t let there be another “Dirrty.” [Source]
– Jennifer Aniston playing the same character [as always] in the new film “Just Go With It” with Adam Sandler.
Actress Anna Kendrick is in the new LCD Soundsystem video for their single “Pow Pow.” Maybe you’ll see it make the Song of the Day in just a few days.
– A mother of four has been hit with a $1.5 million fine for illegally downloading 24 songs. She should have bought from iTunes. OWNED. [Source]
– Nick Lachey and Vanessa Manillo have gotten engaged after four years of dating. [Source]
Actor Mark Wahlberg collaborated with Microsoft the other day to deliver the Kinect for XBox 360 system to thousands of Boys and Girls Clubs across the country. [Source]
My favorite Skins’ actress Kaya Scodelario became visibly distressed earlier this week when out of nowhere, a man in his 4o’s attacked her boyfriend by punching him in the stomach. Her boyfriend Elliott Tittensor had just left court where he was guiltily charged for running over an 18-year-old boy who had refused to get out of the way of his car. [Source]
Real World alum Sean Duffy has been elected to Congress. He is now…officially the most successful Real World alum ever. [Source]
– Demi Lovato entered rehab earlier this week emotional and physical treatment NOT for drug or alcohol related issues. No one really knows why. [Source] Another Disney star bites the dust! Selena Gomez is the only one who will last.
– The band Garbage are recording a new album. [Source]
– Oprah will sit down with Katherine Jackson and Michael Jackons’ kids, in an exclusive interview set to air November 8th. [Source]
– Shia Labeouf will direct a new short film by Kid Cudi entitled, “Maniac.” [Source]
– Leighton Meester will be the face of Vera Wang’s new scent. [Source]
– Scientists actually try to create a real life invisibility cloak. [Source]