05 May 2011
François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?
Read more “Met Gala 2011”
09 Jan 2011
– Emmanuel Alt will be the new editor-in-chief at French Vogue replacing Carine Roitfeld. [Source]
– Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise may ditch the Oscars next month because they were not impressed with host Anne Hathaway mocking Katie on Saturday Night Live. [Source]
– David and Victoria Beckham are expecting their fourth child! Let’s hope it’s a girl this time. [Source]
– First glance at Natalie Portman’s engagement ring. [Source]
– Donald Trump is running for President? [Source]
Model Coco Rocha recovered the unpublished picture from Vogue’s The September Issue. In the documentary, Grace Coddington loved the shot, but Anna Wintour didn’t. [Source]
In Seattle news…
– The indie “15th Ave Coffee and Tea” on 15th Ave has returned to its original Starbucks store. [Source]
28 Nov 2009
I came across this post today that featured the most famous quotes (phrases, whatever) in pop culture of the decade that we will never ever forget. So I wanted to share my favorite ten with you from the list.
“Yo, Taylor. I’m really happy for you, Imma let you finish but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time. One of the best videos of all time!” – Kanye West really stepped in it when he stole the mic from singer Taylor Swift as she accepts the “Best Female Video” award during the MTV Video Music Awards (2009)
Read more “Memorable Quotes of the Decade”
20 Aug 2009
I am so excited to see this movie! Finally, someone is capturing the time and process, not to mention, the work alone, it takes to put out Vogue’s largest and most anticipated issue every year. The September Issue. “dun dun dun”
All the designers and models came out to play!
Designer Vera Wang in her own design- 4
I love that designers always remain consistent in what they wear to events, but I guess you’d have to be if you’re around your own collection 24/7. Makes sense.
Model Hillary Rhoda in Rachel Roy
Dress gets a 3, shoes get a 1. poor choice.
Read more “The September Issue Premiere”
24 Jul 2009
– LeAnn Rimes and her husband Dean Sheremet separate. There has been recent talk lately that she has been having an affair with previous co-star Eddie Cibrian. Earlier this week, Eddie’s wife Brandi Glanville has said they will be splitting also and that LeAnn and Eddie “deserve each other.”
– Miley Cyrus wants to play Batgirl in The Dark Knight sequel.
– Jon Gosselin is now being represented by Rubenstein Communications, a very well-known public relations firm in New York that represents David Letterman and Donald Trump. Guess he got tired of such bad publicity.
ps JustJared just came out with THESE shirts
– Chris Walla: [from Death Cab For Cutie on Paramore’s new single Ignorance] I think it would be fair to characterize the new Paramore single as totally fucking brilliant.