We don’t always time these posts with the end of the year, but it feels good, doesn’t it? Even as I search for photos it’s nice to be able to put something together that wraps up the end of the year and my feelings towards a new year. The start of this post doesn’t look anything like the end of this post, which I think is pretty different for a change. You can definitely tell that I’m feeling some sort of way by the end of this. What is it exactly? That I’m holding on to millennial pink? That I’ve got a love inanimate objects? Those things, but maybe a couple of other things that aren’t so obvious.
- Meghan Markle: I’m More Than An ‘Other’ – This isn’t a new post, but this was my first time reading this. With the announcement of the royal engagement, this is a reminder of just why we love her so much.
- On Blonde Girls in Cheongsams [Racked]
- 5 Lessons from Jimmy Iovine [GOOD]
- Alexa Chung answers questions while eating spicy vegan nuggets.
- Airlines hate your smart luggage [Gizmodo]
- Silicon Valley is sneaking models into their holiday parties [Bloomberg] This is absolute trash and disgusting. I hate hearing about this stuff.
- Google is rolling out a new feature that allows celebrities to answer the most asked questions about themselves – selfie style [Engadget]
- YouTube will launch a paid music streaming service next year [Hypebeast]
- Apple reportedly purchasing Shazam for $401 million [Hypebeast]
- Hangover cures from your favorite food pros [Coveteur]
– These museums actually allow you to have sleepovers there [My Modern Met]
– The evolution of women in stock photos over the years [New York Times]
– Here’s why you get better at things after 1-2 drinks [Mel Magazine]
– Advice vs. Feedback [Signal v. Noise]
– How to End a Bad Date [Man Repeller]
– Watching these two people tight rope between two hot air balloons gave me anxiety [Digg]
– Elevator etiquette in Japan [Medium]
Y’all, I don’t know if you know this – but I drink Starbucks pretty much every day. I’ve been very fortunate that all of my offices have always been within a block and that I am quickly able to develop new friendships with my favorite baristas. For the last five months, I’ve been on a repetition of Toffee Nut Lattes, but all of that will soon change! Pumpkin Spice is coming and this year Starbucks is announcing a new change to the PSL. Instead of just purchasing in stores, you can now find it at your nearby grocery store (out later this month!)
According to the release, the beverage consists of “high-quality arabica coffee with notes of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove spices, and creamy milk.”
The drink will be iced, and comes in a 14-fluid-ounce bottle for $2.79.
Additionally, Starbucks is releasing Pumpkin Spice Flavored Ground Coffee, so you can brew your own at home. The light roast coffee features notes of pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Starbucks suggests adding a splash of cream and sugar in order to get a similar taste of the PSL. An 11-ounce bag will run you $9.99.
Personally, I prefer my Pumpkin Spice Latte to be hot so this doesn’t actually apply to be, but it’s funny to see how this cult favorite is expanding! The article says the drink is slated to return mid-September, but I’ve pretty much been asking my baristas every day for the last week if it’s arrived… and I know at some point they’ll probably let me have it a little earlier.
The theme of this collection is minimalism. Before I left my last job, my life was very noisy. My mind was constantly racing with a million thoughts. I wasn’t always able to communicate my feelings articulately. I was stressed with needing to be two places at once, and in general my home – my sanctuary felt cluttered. The time off that I had from working made me feel well again. I felt like I could take care of myself the way I needed to and get that clear head that I was seeking. I couldn’t remember a time where I was THAT happy! And that’s why it was also challenging to get back to work after that… but more on that later. This post is a collection of things that just feel simple to me. There’s not a lot of noise in them and as you’ll notice in these photos, more space than usual. Enjoy!
I always seem to have the most time to blog around the holidays, but it just so happens that I like being able to post for “A Collection” during this time too. We last did this post about 6 months ago so all of today’s photos are ones that I’ve been collecting and saving since then. Here’s hoping that these photographs tickle you, inspire you, or spark some kind of emotion within you the same way they do to us. Happy New Year! We’re excited for you 2017.
We’re just a little bit late on this, but starting today, Starbucks is giving out free tall espresso drinks to customers that show up to randomly selected Starbucks stores between the 1-2PM. Every day, 100 stores will be selected as part of this holiday cheer program! To participate in all the fun, make sure you visit this page every day up until January 2nd when the holiday cheer ends. This is a cute idea by Starbucks and being that I come from Seattle and drink Starbucks almost every day, this is something that we can get behind. 🙂 Enjoy!
Meanwhile, Kevin informed me today that Seattle still has zero Blue Bottles. lol.
Blue Bottle opened a new location in Tokyo this fall and was designed by the team at Schematic Architects. This marks their 5th location in collaboration with Schematic and by coincidence, this new location in Nakameguro just happens to be right across the street from the former Schematic headquarters.
Blue Bottle Nakameguro
Top – Aritzia / Pants – Uniqlo / Heels – Vince Camuto
As of late, I’ve been noticing that black and white have been dominating my closet. To be honest, I don’t hate it! I’ve always had a few pieces sprinkled in here and there, but now I have enough black/white tops and bottoms to last me a whole week without any repetition. I really love this look because I like to think of it as my power outfit. In a startup like the one I work for, this uniform isn’t really necessary, but sometimes, it’s fun to dress up! On this particular day, we did a group boba order for my office from Sweet A Little and I was happy to see that when it arrived, it was perfectly matching my outfit.