Kourtney Kardashian has given birth to a healthy baby girl named Penelope Scotland Disick.
Unfortunately, I’m a little behind on my news having not blogged consistently for the past couple of weeks, but this is the best I could do!
– Designer Tracy Feith will design for TOMS Shoes. The designer was known for his highly successful collection for Target. [Source]
– Vogue has announced that they will no longer be working with models under the age of 16 or models who look unhealthy. [Source]
– Justin Timberlake is still not returning to music because he’s too busy working on a design line for HomeMint. [Source]
– The Wanted’s latest track, “Chasing the Sun” will be used as the title track for Ice Age 4: Continental Drift. [Source]
– Earlier this week, a first-grader was suspended for singing the line “I’m sexy and I know it” from LMFAO’s latest song. [Source]
– Teen Wolf Season 2. It’s almost here. [Source]
– Will Jeopardy host, Alex Trabek, leave the show? I sure hope not. [Source]
– Britney Spears and Demi Lovato have joined The X Factor. [Source]
– The Jonas Brothers are getting a reality show on E! y’all! [Source]
– Twilight’s Kellan Lutz has just signed on to play Tarzan in the new animated film. [Source]
– And yet another trailer for The Amazing Spider Man.
– Outkast’s Andre 3000 will begin shooting for the Jimi Hendrix biopic next month. [Source]
– The Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) lineup is up! [Source]
– A new Seattle spot is opening up and it is dedicated to one of my favorite desserts – the Molten Chocolate Cake. Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery will open up later on this month. [Source]
– Demi Moore has officially changed her Twitter handle. [Source]
– Jessica Simpson finally gave birth to a baby girl named Maxwell Drew Johnson.
– RIP to the Beastie Boys’ Adam “MCA” Youch. He passed away Friday at age 47 after battling cancer for two years.
– Kings of Leon’s Jared Followill has proposed to model Martha Patterson. The two have been dating for only a few months. [Source]
– SNL’s Taran Killam and HIMYM’s Cobie Smulders will marry this September. [Source]
[Rooney Mara in Givenchy Haute Couture]
I absolutely love this gown on her. It’s so refreshing to see her not wearing black for once since most of her press outfits and even gowns on the red carpet recently have been black.
I spent most of the day watching the red carpet special for the Academy Awards yesterday as E! decided to start it around one if not sooner. Unfortunately, thirty minutes into the show, I decided to give up on watching it to spend my time with some great company. It’s alright – the red carpet is usually the main priority for me…that was until Ashley sent me a text that said, “We could have easily made tonight a drinking game,” which meant that I was missing a whole lot of highlights from the show.
I suppose I can just read about the rest of the stuff that happened during the show. I did, however, witness Sacha Baron Cohen as the Dictator dump Bisquick all over Ryan Seacrest’s Burberry suit. Just watching him trying to contain his anger over the situation was entertaining enough.
And with that, let’s get into some red carpet looks!
Kourtney Kardashian has just announced that her and Scott Disick are expecting a little girl! This will be their second child. The two announced their pregnancy news back in November, but this is the first we are hearing of the sex of the baby.
This is great news and all…but I personally cannot wait to see more Scott Disick on E! We need another season featuring Kourt and Scott stat!
While watching the finale of Kourtney & Kim Take New York the other night, Ashley and I decided at that moment to list off our favorite characters in ranking order.
9. Rob Kardashian
8. Bruce Jenner
7. Kris Jenner
6. Kim Kardashian
5. Kendall and Kylie Jenner
4. Mason Disick
Hmmm what a coincidence…the day after the finale of Kim and Kourtney Take New York, it is revealed that the youngest sisters Kendall and Kylie are featured on the March 2012 cover of Teen Vogue.
It’s very interesting indeed, but Kris Jenner – the best “momager” in town clearly knows what she is doing.
Who am I kidding? I love Kendall and Kylie! It’s only a matter of time until they get their very own spinoff on E!
I can’t even believe that I am saying this, but Scott Disick could very well become my new favorite person in 2012. This year, one of my favorite blogs, Ohnotheydidnt, had their users vote in the “Best of ONTD” awards and Scott Disick won for being the celebrity users used to hate but now love because of ONTD. I don’t know about you guys, but I think I’m going to trust the masses on this one.
Also in the last few episodes of Kourtney and Kim take New York, Scott has really been stepping up his game in becoming a standout character. The Shabbat dinner that he organized for his family was so sweet and in the latest episode he made an impulse buy on a piano that he doesn’t even know how to play. Some may call that a little reckless, but I see it as being a hilariously grand gesture.
– Victoria’s Secret Angel Alessandra Ambrosio is four months pregnant! That means that when she was walking in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show last month, she was about two months along. This will be her second child with fiance Jamie Mazur. The couple already have a 3-year old daughter. [Source]
– Sinhead O’Connor is ending her marriage after 16 days. That’s not nearly as long as Kim Kardashian’s, but then again she doesn’t have a show on E! so it’s not that big of a deal. [Source]
– Could Kanye be giving his career in fashion a second try? Rumor has it that the hip hop star will pack up and move to London to pursue a more serious career in fashion design. [Source]
– Capitol Hill’s Skillet Diner made the list for the best top five restaurants that opened in 2011. [Source]
– Who knew? Fashion designer Vera Wang is also an ice skater! As if she couldn’t look graceful enough… [Source]
– Matthew McConaughey is engaged to Camila Alves. [Source]
– Refinery 29 picks their 15 favorite albums of 2011. [Source]
Hooray! My favorite Victoria’s Secret Angel Lily Aldridge and her husband Caleb Followill of Kings of Leon are expecting! [Source]
I was definitely on my winter break because the amount of content I posted would not have been possible during finals week or even a regular week. Random fact – this was not exactly a year ago, but give or take a few days, the new Facebook layout was revealed and now that same thing is happening to us once again with the Timeline.
Well, back to what happened a year ago…
– Mayor Mike McGinn announced that the Dale Chihuly Museum and the KEXP headquarters will be moving into the Seattle Center.
– We learned about the Seattle music scene from 12 local bands in the short series $5 Cover.
– I made up my winter quarter television schedule. RIP Hellcats.
– The Kardashians got serious for the holidays.
– E! never launched this show, thank goodness!
– We learned that a school’s library is a nice alternative for your own bed.
– Flavorwire let us know what our favorite 2010 movies said about us.