The lovely Alexa Chung will be on Chelsea Lately tonight! I don’t usually watch Chelsea, but I will for Alexa!
I can’t even believe that I am saying this, but Scott Disick could very well become my new favorite person in 2012. This year, one of my favorite blogs, Ohnotheydidnt, had their users vote in the “Best of ONTD” awards and Scott Disick won for being the celebrity users used to hate but now love because of ONTD. I don’t know about you guys, but I think I’m going to trust the masses on this one.
Also in the last few episodes of Kourtney and Kim take New York, Scott has really been stepping up his game in becoming a standout character. The Shabbat dinner that he organized for his family was so sweet and in the latest episode he made an impulse buy on a piano that he doesn’t even know how to play. Some may call that a little reckless, but I see it as being a hilariously grand gesture.
– Victoria’s Secret Angel Alessandra Ambrosio is four months pregnant! That means that when she was walking in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show last month, she was about two months along. This will be her second child with fiance Jamie Mazur. The couple already have a 3-year old daughter. [Source]
– Sinhead O’Connor is ending her marriage after 16 days. That’s not nearly as long as Kim Kardashian’s, but then again she doesn’t have a show on E! so it’s not that big of a deal. [Source]
– Could Kanye be giving his career in fashion a second try? Rumor has it that the hip hop star will pack up and move to London to pursue a more serious career in fashion design. [Source]
– Capitol Hill’s Skillet Diner made the list for the best top five restaurants that opened in 2011. [Source]
– Who knew? Fashion designer Vera Wang is also an ice skater! As if she couldn’t look graceful enough… [Source]
– Matthew McConaughey is engaged to Camila Alves. [Source]
– Refinery 29 picks their 15 favorite albums of 2011. [Source]
Hooray! My favorite Victoria’s Secret Angel Lily Aldridge and her husband Caleb Followill of Kings of Leon are expecting! [Source]
I was definitely on my winter break because the amount of content I posted would not have been possible during finals week or even a regular week. Random fact – this was not exactly a year ago, but give or take a few days, the new Facebook layout was revealed and now that same thing is happening to us once again with the Timeline.
Well, back to what happened a year ago…
– Mayor Mike McGinn announced that the Dale Chihuly Museum and the KEXP headquarters will be moving into the Seattle Center.
– We learned about the Seattle music scene from 12 local bands in the short series $5 Cover.
– I made up my winter quarter television schedule. RIP Hellcats.
– The Kardashians got serious for the holidays.
– E! never launched this show, thank goodness!
– We learned that a school’s library is a nice alternative for your own bed.
– Flavorwire let us know what our favorite 2010 movies said about us.
– I am crossing my fingers that one of my favorite labels, Vena Cava, will pull through their financial troubles. [Source]
– The Versace for H&M collection has caused the UK E-commerce site to crash. The US site will launch fall 2012. [Source]
– Vera Wang is collaborating with Zales on a new engagement ring collection. [Source]
– Someone has stolen part of Marc Jacobs‘ collection! [Source]
– James Franco continues to add to his resume – makes the entire world look bad. The actor will direct and photograph the upcoming campaign for Seven For All Mankind. [Source]
– Mike Posner ruins “Wonderwall.” GAH!
– Sufjan Stevens is collaborating with The Roots. [Source]
– The babies are not a fan of Lady Gaga’s! After the parents of this baby suggested Lady Gaga hold this little one, it made this face. [Source]
– Scarlett Johansson will direct a film. [Source]
– The sequel to Star Trek will begin filming in January. [Source]
– Taylor Swift is going to be on 60 Minutes this weekend. Not missing that. [Source]
– We say goodbye to One Tree Hill. [Source]
– Steve Buscemi will host SNL on Dec. 3rd w/ The Black Keys as performers. [Source]
– The boycott petition to get the Kardashians off of the E! Network has reached 100K. [Source]
– The Ricki Lake Show will return in 2012. [Source]
– I don’t know about you guys, but the little chance of snow happening in Seattle this weekend is EXCITING! I hope it continues into next week too because having classes cancelled would really be the cherry on top of my fall quarter.
– Bluebird’s new Fremont shop opens Friday. [Source]
– Housewares designer, Jonathan Adler, will stop by Nordstrom on Dec. 1st. [Source]
– Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore are no more. [Source]
– Joe Paterno has a treatable form of lung cancer. [Source]
– I love this shot of Chloe Sevigny impersonating photographer, Terry Richardson, on the cover of Candy Magazine. [Source]
– Tom Ford will design the costumes for the next James Bond film. [Source]
– Sarah Jessica Parker is trying too hard with this hat. [Source]
– Prince and Nicki Minaj will perform at the H&M x Versace launch party. [Source]
– Levi’s suggests that we freeze our jeans instead of washing them. [Source]
– Kanye’s kilt causes a stir. [Source]
– Listen to The Flaming Lips‘ 24-hour song. [Source]
– Franz Ferdinand will return in 2012. [Source]
– Former Quadstock performer, Dan Deacon, has signed to indie label Domino. [Source]
– What the series finale of Greek could have looked like with this alternate ending. [Source]
– Lady Gaga will sit down w/ Katie Couric for a holiday special called, “A Very Gaga Thanksgiving.” [Source]
– FOX has decided to renew The X Factor for a second season. [Source]
– 60 Minutes’ Andy Rooney passed away last night at age 92. [Source]
– Is “Project X” our modern day “Can’t Hardly Wait?” Ehhh probably not.
– Could a “Bruce Lee Action Museum” be moving into the International District sometime soon? [Source]
– EMP’s Sound Off! entry deadline is Monday! [Source]
– Is anyone else aware of how many restaurants are popping up in Seattle recently? There’s way too many to count for me to post about all of them so just check out Seattle Met’s Nosh Pit blog for everything that you need and more.
– Seattle rock group, Visqueen, will be playing their last show ever on Saturday, Nov. 26 at the Neptune Theater. [Source]
– Beyonce and Jay-Z’s fetus is a girl! [Source]
– The New York Daily News decided to place a media ban on The Kardashians. [Source] I’ve only had to do that for Heidi and Spencer and Jon and Kate, but I adore the Kardashians too much.
– On a related note – Kendall Jenner is getting a Sweet Sixteen special on E! Not shocked. Still excited. [Source]
– Pippa Middleton is writing a book. [Source]
– Want your brown eyes to be blue? Want a laser to take care of that for you? [Source]
– One footballer decided to name his son “Trendy” because he loves Twitter. In the words of my friend Tina, “You F-A-I-L FAIL!” [Source]
The only show I care about E! having next should just involve them:
When Giuliana Rancic sat down with Ann Curry this morning on the Today Show, we expected her to reveal that the IVF had worked and that she was indeed pregnant as she had always hoped. Unfortunately, Giuliana revealed to everyone that the IVF procedure had uncovered that she was diagnosed with breast cancer. The E! television host is married to first season apprentice winner Bill Rancic. The couple also have a popularity reality series on the Style Network called Giuliana and Bill, which follows them as they juggle both their home life, careers, and attempting to get pregnant. In the season finale, Giuliana and Bill made a third attempt to use IVF in Denver, Colorado after previously not succeeding with IVF the first time and suffering a miscarriage the second try.
Giuliana will undergo surgery later on this week followed by six weeks of radiation, but she still has high hopes in getting pregnant after all of this is over.
– Look at this random editorial with Chloe Moretz and Keanu Reeves for Harper’s Bazaar. [Source]
– Miranda Kerr will model a $2.5m bejeweled bra at next month’s Victoria’s Secret fashion show. [Source]
– Karl Lagerfeld shot Elizabeth Olsen in an exclusive photoshoot that will be featured in a new coffee table book. [Source]
– The Gap will close 189 locations by the end of 2013. I don’t like the sound of this… [Source]
–Adam Levine and model girlfriend Anne Vyalitsyna have gone nude for Russian Vogue’s November 2011 cover. There’s some weird Photoshop done to Adam Levine’s torso though…see for yourself! [Source]
– Rick Ross suffered multiple seizures today while flying. [Source]
– Taylor Swift has already recorded 25 songs for her next album. [Source]
– Fans of Justin Bieber reacted negatively after hearing how he kissed another girl while filming his new music video “Mistletoe.” Oh hmm I thought music videos were real life. [Source]
– Google is planning to open a music store. It is highly doubtful that it will be something better than iTunes, but who cares anyways because I just use Spotify. [Source]
– Pitchfork will introduce a new music festival to New York this February and will be run by Bowery. This will be the first festival, I believe, to kick off all other spring music festivals. [Source]
– ABC has cancelled Charlie’s Angels. I always wanted to catch an episode – guess I never will now! [Source]
– Casey Anthony will be the next person to be highlighted in E!’s True Hollywood Story. Since when was she considered Hollywood? [Source]
– The cast of the new season for Celebrity Apprentice has just been announced. [Source]
– HBO will be developing a one-hour long television series based on “The Kids Are All Right.” [Source]
– Beginning January 2012, Netflix will begin streaming CW shows. [Source]
– Plot details have been revealed for Taken 2. [Source]
– Harry Potter’s “Crabbe” is a mean guy in real life! [Source]
– Cam’ron and Queen Latifah are collaborating on a new film company. [Source]
– To celebrate University Village’s new Microsoft store opening, they are hosting a special event for the first 200 people to visit their store on Thursday, October 20th. Those 200 people will have the option of choosing a private performance from either The Black Keys or One Republic on Friday or Saturday respectively. [Source]
– Rumor has it that Starbucks will be unveiling a new line of cold pressed juices to sell in their stores. Um wut is a cold pressed juice. [Source]
– The incident of the tip stiffing that went down last weekend at Cha Cha’s has spiraled out of control. Turns out the guy that did it has a common name and everyone with his name is just getting the blame for it. The attempt at making one person look bad has actually backfired. [Source]
– 97 new restaurants have opened in Seattle in the last couple of weeks. The majority of them are on Capitol Hill. YES! [Source]
– Former Disney actress Brenda Song and former Metro Station frontman and Miley Cyrus’s brother Trace Cyrus are engaged. Spawn child here we come! [Source]
– Maxim names Paula Deen as the ‘Hottest Female TV Chef’ [Source]
– Hollywood homes have hit the market. [Source]
– Hilary Duff is having a baby boy. Even though she’s 24, she’ll always be Lizzie McGuire to me. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan reportedly wants to have a baby by the end of next year. Yeah I don’t think things happen like that… [Source]
– The world is also terrified by her teeth. [Source]
– Georgetown University will be offering a new 3-credit course called “Sociology of Hip-Hop: Jay-Z.” [Source]
– Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck are having a boy. [Source]
– College admission officers are checking the Facebook profiles and other social media pages of their applicants. [Source]
E! Entertainment has been working on a new show about celebrity offspring trying to make it in the entertainment business. The trailer-reel above is the most painful thing I have had to watch all week. These kids have the biggest egos and have the worst lines. I know this is supposed to be a “reality” show, but something tells me that the poor acting is one indicator that it is not. The show features basketball star Doug Christie’s daughter who seems like a menace and Brian McKnight’s douche-baggy son. I just heard this morning though that his son “Brian McKnight Jr.” has pulled out of the show due to unwanted advances from another cast member. No word yet on if the show will have to start over on filming or resume. I hope they just cancel it.
The other day I was watching E! News when they featured this band called Atomic Tom performing live on a subway in New York City. I thought to myself, “This is pretty rad!” because I love hearing about live performances from bands when they are unexpected. I figured that this little gig was something similar to La blogotheque where they film mainstream musicians and bands performing in public places in Paris. I continued to watch the clip on E! News when something Ryan Seacrest had said caught my attention. Atomic Tom recently had all of their instruments stolen, so they were performing with their iPhones! It hadn’t even occurred to me that that was even going on. Immediately, their cool factor increased ten points.
Atomic Tom has now received over 2 million views for this video and have been getting lots of buzz! A tip for bands trying to “make it.” Think big.