01 Mar 2017
This past fall, Virgin America collaborated with Eleven and Milan’s SearchnDesign to create a truly one-of-a-kind pair of sneakers. I mean… have you ever seen a pair of sneakers with wifi and a video screen built in? Is this something that you would ever necessarily need? Maybe not, but it’s still cool to say that you have them! Made out of Italian leather (the same ones that Virgin America’s first class seats are made of) these are the first of its kind to have all of these features and a built in charger. What can’t these sneakers do? There was only one pair made and they were auctioned off on eBay for a whopping $97,877.77. Wow. Don’t worry, it’s all going to charity and the proceeds were given to Soles4Souls, which is committed to fighting poverty through clothing and shoes distribution.
28 Jan 2014
The days to the upcoming Super Bowl are winding down and the Seahawks players are becoming fast favorites! I don’t mind. I’m willing to share our team with other states that didn’t make it to the Super Bowl if people want to root for them. I’m not sure when everyone discovered that Marshawn Lynch’s favorite candy was Skittles, but it was announced TODAY that Lynch has struck a deal with them! As soon as I saw it, I had to have it. In fact, the desired feeling was so immediate that I ordered Tommy to try and find it on Google Shopping Express only to shortly discover that they were so limited edition that they won’t even be in stores!
Starting Wednesday, the limited edition pack of blue and green Seahawks skittles will be auctioned off here before the Super Bowl with proceeds going directly to Lynch’s charity – the Fam 1st Family Foundation.
08 Jan 2013
– Fashionista documents the best looks from Pretty Little Liars [Source]
– Marc Jacobs’ new makeup line will hit Sephora shelves this fall. [Source]
– Stella McCartney is launching a collection of eyewear and it’s pretty spectacular. [Source]
– Justin Bieber will host and perform on Saturday Night Live’s Feb. 9th episode. [Source]
– Paramore ain’t over y’all! A new album is on the way. [Source]
– Mariah Carey is hilarious in an interview with Barbara Walters in which she says she didn’t know Nicki Minaj sang…”I thought she rapped or whatever. [Source] Trollin’
– “Girls” actress Lena Dunham was criticized for having a ‘blobby body’ in a review. Uhhhhhh girl can do whatever she wants, she’s fantastic, okay? [Source]
– Aladdin will be on Broadway in Spring 2014. [Source]
– Joseph Gordon Levitt and Josh Brolin join the cast of the Sin City sequel. [Source]
– This is how Taylor Swift looks post split from Harry Styles. Haylor is no more. [Source]
– Khloe Kardashian is selling her old workout clothes on eBay. Sick. [Source]
– Anderson Cooper has been named Gay “Man of 2012” by Out readers. [Source]
– Snooki wants a baby. I think everyone had their doubts, but now that she’s proving everyone wrong no one really care. Go on with your bad self and have another baby Snooki! [Source]
– The White House has banned the paparazzo images of Sasha and Malia on the beach. [Source] um duh! Block that ish.
27 Nov 2012
Before the iPhone, there was another model that everyone just had to have: the Razr. And where do all good phones go to die? Ebay of course – though I’m not sure why anyone would want to purchase the Razr these days – so outdated.
Kyle Williams found a creative way to bring these phones back to life. After purchasing 44 Razrs off the website, he peeled apart the layers to find old text messages, sexts (yes, even THOSE existed back then too,) pictures, and videos. The material was compiled and published in his new book Razrs.
Note to self? Delete all the memory and data started on my crackberry when I decide to replace it.
23 Sep 2011
As beautiful as these Missoni rain boots are, there is no way I would ever pay $31,000 for them. One woman from Tulsa, Oklahoma is completely overestimating the price of these boots on eBay in order to hopefully fund her daughter’s college education. It may be a little far fetched, but it’s still a thoughtful gesture. I think it’s important to note that the original price of these boots and any kind of Missoni rain boots are nowhere near this price. The Target ones featured above were only sold for $34.99.
Though the woman has received some negative comments, she still remains hopeful that someone out there will purchase these boots. After all the buzz she’s getting, she just might get her wish!
Best of luck lady!
28 Jan 2010
Why is it that whenever models and celebrities are seen wearing certain pieces of clothing, we feel inclined to buy the exact same thing? Is it because it looks amazing (or better) on them, and we would like to be seen in that same light? Probably. I’ve never bought anything from eBay before, but recently someone tried to auction off their Marc Jacobs top. Instead of the typical shirt sprawled out on the carpet of your floor, like I’ve seen many many timesbefore, they inserted a picture of THE Gemma Ward wearing the shirt herself. It’s not the exact shirt being sold, but it is still the same shirt.
Even if I did buy clothing online, I would most likely buy it if I saw it on a celebrity first than if I had seen it on a carpeted ground with terrible lighting. Just saying.
01 Aug 2009
After purchasing a collection of stamps from all over the world on Ebay, Marc Alcock decided to create a world map using each stamp from it’s designated country to represent their place in the world.
29 Jun 2009
Theodora and Alexandra Richards
Wearing: Theodora: Green jacket, Opening Ceremony top, Levi’s shorts, Hunter boots; Alexandra: Urban Outfitters shirt, American Apparel tights, Hunter boots, vintage bathing suit
Alex Kapranos from Franz Ferdinand
Wearing: Levi’s shirt, vintage tee, Tretorn boots, Mykita glasses
Read more “Glastonbury Style”