19 Oct 2017
It has been a couple of weeks for women. There’s a lot in the news that doesn’t make me happy to share and my heart hurts for all the women – the victims – that have had to endure their share of sexual harassment and sexual assault at the hands of men. This week, I’m seeing women come together in so many ways – through social media, through events, and through stories. I hate to have to witness a moment like this in 2017, but at the same time, I couldn’t be more proud of the strength in our voices right now. We could spend hours writing a post recapping all of my feelings from the past couple of weeks, but instead I’d like to share some photos of inspiring women from the Elle Women in Hollywood Awards.
Read more “Elle Women in Hollywood Awards”
12 Jul 2015
15 Apr 2014
We literally wish we could be a little bit more like you every single day. Happy 24th!
26 Jan 2014
Who: Kiernan Shipka
Where: ELLE’s Annual Women in Television Celebration
24 Apr 2013
The other day, Yow Yow! had the wonderful opportunity to interview the lovely freelance writer Molly Young and today she revealed to us all today that she had actually just done a recent profile on actor Zac Efron for Elle. Molly is notorious for her profiles and since I’ve never shared with you all any of her pieces before, I thought now was a better time than any.
Check out her profile on our former Disney heartthrob here.
12 Jan 2013
Every time a new collection is released for Target, I immediately get excited. As much as I love and adore the pieces that come out in the collection, I already know in my head that I will most likely never make my way to a Target location to purchase a piece. In the years that I’ve been writing for Yow Yow and the years that Target has had these collaborations, I have never once called a collaboration piece my own.
This time will be no different, but that doesn’t mean we can’t pick our favorites still, right?
Prabal Gurung has always been one of my favorite designers mainly because his prints are absolutely exquisite and like nothing I’ve ever seen before. For fashion enthusiasts everywhere, this collection is going to be a big deal because it means snagging these prints for the best prices.
Here are my 5 picks:
all photos courtesy of Elle and prices and details of the entire collection can be found at the [Source]
Read more “Prabal Gurung For Target”
02 Feb 2012
photo cred | InStyle
One of my favorite style icons (next to Alexa Chung of course) has been named the Fashion Editor-At-Large at Glamour Magazine. Louise Roe, who is originally from across the pond, has been making a name for herself in the last couple of years first appearing on The City as Olivia Palermo’s “nemesis” at Elle and then as the host of her own CW makeover television series, Plain Jane. I actually really loved Plain Jane when I caught up with the show earlier this year, but it didn’t pick up that much steam over here in the states. I hear that is is pretty successful in the UK though.
Congratulations Louise! I can’t wait to see how you put your own spin on things over at Glamour.
12 Dec 2011
To celebrate Elle Taiwan’s 20th anniversary, they decided to put this icon on their latest cover! She looks great, but for some reason this strangely reminds me of when Tyra Banks the doll turned into Tyra Banks the human in the old Lindsay Lohan movie – Life-Size. These things could be similar or just not related in any way at all.
08 Dec 2011
– Fashionista explains while Elle has decided to select their Carey Mulligan cover photo after Vogue already did in 2010. [Source]
– The Vogue Archive has every Vogue issue available for viewing/reading from the last 120 years. Cost? $1,575/yr [Source]
– Pantone and Sephora will collaborate on a new line devoted to the color of the year – Tango Tangerine. [Source]
– Clemence Poesy is the new face of G-Star Raw. [Source]
– Janelle Monae will release two albums in 2012. CAN’T WAIT! [Source]
– Glee will do a Michael Jackson tribute episode. [Source]
– Get a head start on purchasing your Capitol Hill Block Party tickets now! AKA the best. weekend. ever.
– Coldplay will return to the Northwest in 2012. [Source]
– Former Seattle Sonics player, Gary Payton, will help Seattle get a basketball team back here in 2012. [Source]
– Eddie Bauer opens up a pop-up shop at Melrose Market. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan’s “tasteful” Playboy cover has been revealed. [Source]
– Twitter is about to get a makeover. [Source]
– Shots have been fired at Virginia Tech’s campus and two people are confirmed dead. My thoughts are with everyone affected by this incident. [Source]