Congrats to Viola Davis for taking home the Lead Actress in a Drama win at the Emmy’s last night and being the first African American woman to do so.
Kerry Washington in Marc Jacobs
The Emmy Awards started a half hour before the Seahawks Vs. Packers game so I only got to see 30 minutes of the show, but from what I saw of Andy Samberg’s intro – I probably didn’t miss that much. I did, however, peep the red carpet and tonight’s celebrities, winners, and presenters did not disappoint. This evening produced a lot of great looks that I’m excited to share! Normally, I would not be impressed by this dress if I saw it on the runway, but Kerry Washington is stunning in it.
Rose Byrne in Custom Calvin Klein Collection
I wasn’t that into the Emmy’s this year for some reason and that could’ve been for a few reasons:
- I was stoked on the Seahawks winning. Again.
- I only cared about the red carpet (nothing new there)
- Was I the only one that thought the award show was kind of a snoozefest?
Typically when we cover award shows, we generally just stick to the fashion and that’s exactly what we’re going to do again. But here are the winners in case you are wondering – – via Refinery29
Rose Byrne’s gown was easily one of my favorites from the entire evening!
all photos via Style.com – – Jason Merritt/WireImage
Modern Family’s Julie Bowen was one of my absolute favorites last night! I was loving all of the yellow gowns, but this neon one just pops against the red carpet. The actress is wearing Monique Lhuillier.
How adorable is this photo of Modern Family’s Aubrey Anderson-Emmons?! Aubrey plays the character of Lily on the show and at last night’s Emmy’s she bullied the entire cast in a featured segment. I’m convinced that she was very much like me as a child. I mean – just look at that stance.
photo cred | The Man Repeller
– Bloggers are making their mark on the world! The Man Repeller’s Leandra Medine will be releasing a new book slated for next year. [Source]
– Pinterest puts their foot down when it comes to thinspiration images on their website. [Source]
– Could H&M be on the verge of launching a luxury brand? [Source]
Justin Bieber – Boyfriend
– The lyrics slay me.
– Britney Spears is joining X Factor y’all! [Source]
– Maroon 5’s new album “Overexposed” will be released in June. [Source]
– A new MGMT record will be released this September! [Source]
– Australian music group, Jet, has decided to part ways. [Source]
– Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros will release their second album together by the end of the year. [Source]
– A Hunger Games vacation. [Source]
– JJ Abrams isn’t letting anyone see Star Trek 2 before it comes out! [Source]
– The Weinstein Company has decided to retaliate against the MPAA and will release the new documentary, “Bully,” as unrated. [Source]
– Direct R.J. Cutler (The September Issue) will direct yet another fashion-based film. [Source]
– We said goodbye to one of my favorite series, Skins. [Source]
– Teen Mom 2 star Jenelle is going under the knife. [Source]
– Mike “The Situation” has checked into rehab for prescription pills and alcohol. [Source]
– 30 Rock will do another live episode next month. [Source]
– Lifetime has pulled a controversial episode of Dance Moms featuring the young girls as little showgirls. [Source]
– Jo Rivera from Teen Mom 2 attempts a rap career. [Source]
– Here’s a first look at AnnaSophia Robb as a young Carrie Bradshaw. [Source]
– Camille Grammer is not returning to The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. [Source]
– ABC Family has picked up the network rights to The Hunger Games – will air in 2014. [Source]
– Jimmy Kimmel will host the Emmy’s! [Source]
– Everyday Music has officially moved across the street. [Source]
– Ballard burger spot, The Counter, has closed. [Source]
– A store I recently discovered while in San Francisco, Bevmo, will open up two locations in Washington in Silverdale and Tacoma. Um…I think they really meant Seattle, but that’s not happening. [Source]
– Seattle Restaurant Week begins April 8th! [Source]
– There is a Vintage Wedding Fair going down this weekend. Swoon swoon swoon. [Source]
– Miami Heat show their support for Trayvon Martin. [Source]
– Jason Russell’s naked meltdown was because of a brief reactive psychosis. [Source]
– Tori Spelling is pregnant again. [Source]
– Kim’s flour shower. [Source]
– Megan Fox has spent $60K + on plastic surgery. [Source] Yikes.
– Hilary Duff gave birth to son Luca last week.
– Khloe Kardashian turns her back on PETA after her sister’s incident. [Source]
– VS Angel Adriana Lima is also pregnant. [Source]
Lea Michele in Marchesa
She may be blending in with the red carpet, but this dress is stunning on her! The back also has a very elegant scoop, which is not shown in the photo, but is totally worth looking up.
During Finals Week, I was unable to keep up with these “In the News…” posts so some of these bits are from two weeks ago. From here on out though, everything will be pretty current.
– Giambattista Valli will design for Macy’s. [Source]
– Hamish Bowles is writing an autobiography. [Source]
– Gary Time has officially launched! [Source]
– Jessica and Ashlee Simpson will collaborate on tween clothing line. [Source]
– Dakota Fanning is the new face of Marc Jacobs’ “Oh Lola!” [Source]
– Coachella is turning into a multi-weekend event! [Source]
– Adele has canceled the rest of her North American tour due to sickness. [Source]
– MTV has cancelled Skins. Sad day. [Source]
– Fear Factor is returning to NBC. [Source]
– Jane Lynch will host the Emmys. [Source]
– Katie Couric is launching a talk show on ABC next fall. [Source]
– There has been talk of a US remake for the UK hit show “Misfits.” [Source]
– MTV will film their next season of Real World in San Diego. [Source]
– Blur Seattle has created the HappyButts project to encourage smokers to toss their used cigarettes in these designated cans and not the streets of Capitol Hill. [Source]
– “Human Barbie” Sarah Burge who has had $800,000 worth of surgery recently purchased a voucher for breast implants for her 7-year old daughter to redeem when she is 16. [Source]
– The ridiculous family that started the whole Balloon Boy incident last year has decided to auction off their enormous balloon in order to raise money for the Japan relief. The price is currently set at $1m. Okay, you’ve redeemed yourself a little bit. [Source]
– Scarlett Johansson and Sean Penn are no longer dating. [Source]
– Shaq announces retirement after 19 years in the NBA. [Source]
– Ed Norton is engaged. [Source]
– Nikki Reed is engaged to American Idol contestant Paul McDonald. [Source]
– Jack White and Karen Elson are throwing a divorce party. [Source]
– The creator of Mad Libs, Leonard B. Stern, has passed away at 88. [Source]
– This fall, Emma Watson will resume her college education by attending Oxford University. [Source]
– Lily Allen got married today. [Source]