Kendall Jenner absolutely nailed in Yigal Azrouel on the red carpet last night! The award show wasn’t exactly for her industry or anything like that, but she did present alongside her sisters Khloe and Kylie and she looked the best out of all three!
François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?
I actually didn’t have any plans to watch the Super Bowl today, but Ashley convinced me because we both wanted to see who won and the halftime show. Also…Glee was right after it. While I’m sure there were many great commercials, I could not get over how adorable the Volkswagen one was. If you missed it, you can catch it above!
Black Eyed Peas – Mehhh
Fergie, you’re so much better when you lip sync!
However, I did enjoy the performance by the famous flash mobbers that previously did their flash mob to “I Gotta Feeling.”
Conan will debut November 8th on TBS and with the premiere comes a new house band. Jimmy Vivino will lead The Basic Cable Band. [Source]
– Suri Cruise will wear a $6,000 princess dress for Halloween with diamonds. She is still four years old. [Source]
– Jean Claude Van Damme suffered from a heart attack while on the set of his new film Weapon shot in New Orleans. [Source]
– Christina Aguilera may have dumped hubby Jordan Bratman because he wasn’t attractive enough, but there are many rumors swirling around right now. [Source]
– Joseph Gordon-Levitt has canceled his fall formal show because he is still grieving over his brother Dan. :( [Source]
– Ben Gibbard sings the National Anthem at the Phillies/Giants game and wife Zooey Deschanel sings “God Bless America.” How indie of them…I love it!
– Katy Perry and Russell Brand will marry sans pre-nup [Source]
– Kanye’s new single will feature 11 artists including: Rihanna, Alicia Keys, John Legend, The-Dream, Tony Williams, Charlie Wilson, Ryan Leslie, Fergie, La Roux’s Elly Jackson, the aforementioned Kid Cudi and Rock legend Elton John. [Source]
– Kat Von D has dumped Jesse James and gotten back with her ex-boyfriend Nikki Sixx. [Source]
– Sweet Valley High Confidential follows the story of twins Elizabeth and Jessica at 26 and out of high school. You’ll find out about the drama and the scandals that tore these two sisters apart as well as within their group of friends. Is this still for pre-teens? [Source]
It was a very sad day in the fashion world when we received news this morning that Lee McQueen, designer and founder of Alexander McQueen had taken his life. McQueen was found today in his London home. He was only forty years old, but had accomplished so much during his time. He will surely be missed, but his designs always remembered.
:( Not a very good day to start off Fashion Week…
Here are some of my favorites:
In other violent news…
Last night at the MuchMusic Video Awards in Canada, shit went down.
Apparently, The Black Eyed Peas have not been happy with the stuff Perez Hilton has been posting on his website, ie. calling Fergie fugly and also disliking one of their songs. Fergie confronted this issue with Perez saying, “Why are you posting mean stuff about me.” Perez basically said, it was nothing personal, he just says what he says and that’s his job. He apologized, I think.
Later on Will.I.Am approached Perez Hilton in a club and said, “I need you to stop talking about my band on your website.” Perez said he would try but he can’t promise anything but Will.I.Am saw this as being disrespectful. Perez and his posse then decided to leave the club but Will.I.Am followed and then out of nowhere, Perez Hilton was punched in the eye 2 or 3 times by the manager of Black Eyed Peas.
That’s my short story but there are definitely other sources to get the FULL STORY. I watched Perez Hilton’s statement on his website and it was almost 12 minutes long but it’s pretty descriptive. If you wish to view, click here
What’s my take on this?
I don’t read Perez Hilton’s blog, but of course I know about it. I think, words are words and people like to take things too seriously. I think that’s why stupid fights happen and what Will.I.Am did was unprofessional. You cannot … demand respect. You aren’t always going to be happy with people’s actions or words but that is something you do not have control over. Freedom of speech right? Perez, I’m on your side. I can’t imagine if someone got mad at me over some opinion I had on my blog, that would just confuse me? But here’s a general rule to stick with, if you don’t like something don’t read it. People aren’t always going to like you.