Who: Emma Roberts
Wearing: Jonathan Simkhai
Where: Fox’s 2015 programming presentation
Wow, I am VERY excited by this news. I’ve always enjoyed Batman and the many times that they have redone it even that really hip cartoon version that aired on Saturday mornings called Batman Beyond. I feel like I’ve seen every version since I’ve been alive at least.
One reason that I am excited about this series is because Ryan Atwood IS Jim Gordon. WHAT? Shocker. Plot twist. It’s such a great casting and I can’t wait to see where this goes. I’m also pretty happy that Ben McKenzie has found another thing to jump into after Southland. What do you guys think of the trailer? Would you watch it?
In the midst on some craziness last week, we completely forgot all about celebrating the 10 year anniversary of The O.C. Not only did the television series provide a somewhat accurate representation of what it’s like to live in Orange County (kind of,) but they also paved the way for what would become some of the best soundtracks a television series could offer. The cast was full of beautiful people each with characters that were well-developed and complex throughout the season. Marissa Cooper, there is no one like you on TV and there never will be! Ryan Atwood was the bad boy turned sensitive bro and we loved every second of it. And last, but not least – Seth and Summer. There is no one more perfect for each other than these two. We laughed, cried, and were terrified for our lives especially during that weird “Oliver” period. The show taught us some incredible lessons – lessons at 13 that I am still carrying on in life today. I wouldn’t be able to tell you them right now, but we’ll save that for the 20th anniversary. So on this Wednesday – Hump Day – we are celebrating the anniversary. I’ve included the entire first episode above and we all know how great this pilot was so take 44 minutes out of your day, relax, and enjoy the show. Unfortunately, Mischa Barton spoke out about rumors of a reunion earlier this week and her thoughts that it should not happen. Really? It might do your career some good Mischa. Regardless, the show will live on and we’ll love it forever.
Welcome to the O.C. bitch.
And because we want this to come around full circle… my favorite clip from the last episode. Spoiler alert. What have you been doing with your time if you haven’t seen this by now?
I am saddened to come home to news that Cory Monteith has passed away today at the age of 31. The breakout star of Glee became an overnight-singing sensation through the hit show, but openly admitted to the media recently that he was seeking treatment for his drug addiction in rehab. Things were looking up for the young actor and his girlfriend and co-star Lea Michele expressed her support by staying by the actor’s side through this. Unfortunately, Cory was found in his room today at the Fairmont Pacific Hotel.
I can only imagine how difficult this is for the entire Glee cast and crew. Our prayers are with those close to Cory.
I am a “Voice” fan through and through, but I really enjoyed this performance from Fifth Harmony off of X-Factor
Flash Mobs for wedding proposals and romantic gestures – okay, I see where you’re headed with that.
For apologies though? Never have I seen something so awkward!
Oh Howie Mandel… if only you could just revive Bobby’s World.
The “New Girl” actress is celebrating her birthday today! In addition to having her very own sitcom on FOX, Zooey is one half of She & Him and one of the founders of my favorite blog – Hello Giggles. Triple threat Zooey! What will she do next?
Seriously. No one.
– I love this shot of Chloe Sevigny impersonating photographer, Terry Richardson, on the cover of Candy Magazine. [Source]
– Tom Ford will design the costumes for the next James Bond film. [Source]
– Sarah Jessica Parker is trying too hard with this hat. [Source]
– Prince and Nicki Minaj will perform at the H&M x Versace launch party. [Source]
– Levi’s suggests that we freeze our jeans instead of washing them. [Source]
– Kanye’s kilt causes a stir. [Source]
– Listen to The Flaming Lips‘ 24-hour song. [Source]
– Franz Ferdinand will return in 2012. [Source]
– Former Quadstock performer, Dan Deacon, has signed to indie label Domino. [Source]
– What the series finale of Greek could have looked like with this alternate ending. [Source]
– Lady Gaga will sit down w/ Katie Couric for a holiday special called, “A Very Gaga Thanksgiving.” [Source]
– FOX has decided to renew The X Factor for a second season. [Source]
– 60 Minutes’ Andy Rooney passed away last night at age 92. [Source]
– Is “Project X” our modern day “Can’t Hardly Wait?” Ehhh probably not.
– Could a “Bruce Lee Action Museum” be moving into the International District sometime soon? [Source]
– EMP’s Sound Off! entry deadline is Monday! [Source]
– Is anyone else aware of how many restaurants are popping up in Seattle recently? There’s way too many to count for me to post about all of them so just check out Seattle Met’s Nosh Pit blog for everything that you need and more.
– Seattle rock group, Visqueen, will be playing their last show ever on Saturday, Nov. 26 at the Neptune Theater. [Source]
– Beyonce and Jay-Z’s fetus is a girl! [Source]
– The New York Daily News decided to place a media ban on The Kardashians. [Source] I’ve only had to do that for Heidi and Spencer and Jon and Kate, but I adore the Kardashians too much.
– On a related note – Kendall Jenner is getting a Sweet Sixteen special on E! Not shocked. Still excited. [Source]
– Pippa Middleton is writing a book. [Source]
– Want your brown eyes to be blue? Want a laser to take care of that for you? [Source]
– One footballer decided to name his son “Trendy” because he loves Twitter. In the words of my friend Tina, “You F-A-I-L FAIL!” [Source]
– Regis Philbin will host his last episode of Live with Regis and Kelly! on November 18, 2011. [Source]
– Ke$ha has become a global ambassador for animals. [Source]
– My Chemical Romance has fired their drummer. [Source]
– Kind of loving this poster for Young Adult starring Charlize Theron. [Source]
– Eddie Murphy will host the 84th Academy Awards. When was he last seen in a movie? [Source]
– Are Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Hollywood’s newest couple? [Source]
– …or is it Anna Kendrick and Jake Gyllenhaal? [Source]
– The first episode of ABC’s Revenge starring Emily VanCamp has already leaked and fans cannot wait for the season to start. [Source]
– Shop Zara today!
– The Flaming Lips are recording a 6-hr song. [Source]
– Linday Lohan’s little sister Ali is following in her footsteps and has had her face almost completely reworked. Yikes. [Source]
– Dev is preggers. [Source]
– After breaking into Celine Dion’s house, the culprit then proceed to take a bath in her tub. [Source]
– You can also download the first episode of FOX’s “New Girl” on iTunes now.
FOX is stepping up their game this fall with their new lineup of television series. We got our first sneak peak of Zooey Deschanel’s “The New Girl” not too long ago. Now here is a first look at “I Hate My Teenage Daughter” starring Jaime Pressly.
– Now everyone can look like Terry Richardson with these frames! umm too bad they’re $290. [Source]
– Joe Zee’s television series All on the Line has been picked up for a second season by Sundance. [Source]
– Did Urban Outfitters rip off an Etsy designer? [Source]
– Take a peak inside designer Erin Fetherston’s beautiful apartment. [Source]
– A Tribe Called Quest will be releasing their film in a number of theaters for several dates. [Source]
– Transformers 3 has released their soundtrack. [Source]
– Kanye West will perform a free show in Manhattan in June. [Source]
– Dom’s “Family of Love” EP will be released August 9th. [Source]
– P. Diddy has decided to change his name to “Swag.” Is that to indicate that he is free? Easy? I don’t know. [Source]
– Kerry Washington will be acting as “Olivia Pope” in ABC’s new series “Scandal.” [Source]
– MTV is footing a new pilot called “Married Young.” Stop it… just stop it. [Source]
– Scott Mccreery is the new American Idol. [Source]
– VH1 makes plans to bring back “Pop Up Video.” More music – less trashy reality television shows please! [Source]
–Ed Westwick will portray Tybalt in a new Romeo and Juliet film. [Source]
– Joan Jett paid a visit to the students of Scriber Lake High School who are all at risk of dropping out. Jett took this time to urge these students how important it was to earn a high school diploma and pursue their dreams. [Source]
– A new service in Seattle called “I Have Munchies” will cater to all of your late night needs. [Source]
– Seattle is one of the nation’s safest pedestrian cities in America. [Source]
– Tom Hanks gave the commencement speech to Yale’s Class of 2011. Students were encouraged to wear silly hats. [Source]
– Sofia Coppola and longtime boyfriend Thomas Mars (frontman of Phoenix) are getting married this summer. The couple have two kids together. [Source]
– In case you missed it, Kim Kardashian got engaged to Kris Humphries. [Source]
– Spiderman’s Andrew Garfield and Shannon Woodward have split. Not-so-secretly celebrating… [Source]
– The Kardashians need your help in deciding the title for their new novel. wut. [Source]
– The before and after shot of the damages left by the Joplin, Missouri tornado. [Source]
– Apparently it’s Asian Pacific American Heritage month so Buzzfeed rounded up a bunch of celebs that we may have not known were actually Asian. I didn’t know either of these things. [Source]
– A new study shows that those that immerse themselves in cultural activities ie) playing an instrument, attending concerts, taking trips to the art gallery – turn out to be healthier! [Source]
– Roughly 81% of the music in your iTunes library will never get played. [Source]
I don’t care what anyone says. I will be a fan of Zooey’s forever even if she refuses to portray a character that is not a spitting image of herself in real life. I’m not sure how long her stint on a sitcom will last, but I am pretty excited to see where this goes.
Fall lineup placement #1. Here we go.
How did Carrie Bradshaw afford her lifestyle as a columnist on Sex in the City? One blogger managed to calculate all of her expenses to find how much debt she would have. [Source]
TopShop will open its second location in the states in Chicago! [Source]
Lupe Fiasco and Trey Songz will perform at this year’s MTV’s 2011 Movie Awards. [Source]
For her sweet sixteen, Big Boi gave his daughter Jordan a record label called Purple Kidz. [Source]
Oh Land will be kicking off her summer tour w/ Sia beginning in July. [Source]
Ben Gibbard opens up about his dark past and battling alcoholism in the June issue of SPIN Magazine. [Source]
America’s Next Top Model has announced the contestants for their All-Star Season. [Source] Round 2.
Taylor Momsen and Jessica Szohr will leave Gossip Girl at the end of the season as series regulars. [Source]
Zooey Deschanel will star in a new FOX Pilot called “The New Girl.” [Source]
NBC passes on Wonder Woman pilot. [Source]
Ashton Kutcher will join “2 and a Half Men.” [Source]
Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen will star in a new film called “Very Good Girls.” [Source]
Designer Monique Lhuillier will be visiting Nordstrom’s Flagship store downtown on 5/19. Bridesmaid dress viewing will be from 6-7PM [Source]
Levi Johnston looks extremely good looking on the cover of his new book due out September 27: Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin’s Crosshairs [Source]
Leonardo DiCaprio has called it quits with longtime girlfriend Bar Rafaeli. [Source]
Hayden Panetierre and her giant boyfriend Wladimir Klitschko have split. [Source]
Autumn Reeser has given birth to a beautiful baby boy named Finn. [Source] Named after Glee?
Bristol Palin admits that the plastic surgery on her face was for medical reasons. [Source]
Actor Mike Myers is about to become a dad for the first time at age 47. [Source]
Lady Gaga is no longer in a relationship w/ Lüc Carl. [Source]
Facebook has found themselves to be in a potential scandal w/ Google. [Source]
– Chris Brown exploded in a rage in his dressing room after appearing on Good morning America this morning. It was speculated that his actions were triggered when asked about the Rihanna incident. However, Chris Brown was fully aware of which questions would be asked beforehand as he gave approval. Chris Brown allegedly used a chair to smash the window of his dressing room. He is still on probation and this will most likely be in violation of that. [Source] Oh hai, how are those anger management classes treating you? oh and [Source]
– Michael Lohan was arrested on domestic violence charges today with the bail being set to $200,000. [Source]
– Banksy has got a wife and she goes by the name of Joy Millward. [Source]
– Ellen questions Selena Gomez on her Justin Bieber lie. [Source]
– Matthew Morrison and Gwyneth Paltrow will have a duet on Morrison’s album set to be released on May 10th. [Source]
– Christina Aguilera is now on Twitter. [Source]
– NBC has basically canceled “Perfect Couples.” [Source]
– I was so disappointed when I heard that MTV had given Lauren Conrad’s new show the boot especially because it was supposed to be shot like a documentary and be beautifully artistic. While we may never see the show, we do have a chance to see the opening sequence that could have been done by Angela and Ithyle who are also the duo behind those Kindle ads! Watch the adorable stop motion opener here.
– Rachel Zoe has gone into labor. [Source]
– Howie Mandel is hosting a new show on FOX all about flashmobs entitled “Mobbed.” [Source]
– And in case you missed Rebecca Black on Jay Leno tonight…