Who: Amal Clooney
Wearing: Giambattista Valli
Where: The premiere of “Hail, Caesar!”
I may have missed the awards show, but I did get to catch Gina Rodriguez winning her Golden Globe for Jane the Virgin and it was amazing! I had heard that her speech was one of the best and lucky for me, it just happened to be the one I caught before I left. I also heard that George Clooney gave a great speech as well which I caught yesterday. Since they were the two that stood out to me the most, I thought that it would make sense to share them again with you all here just in case you missed it! Also, if you haven’t had a chance to watch Jane the Virgin yet, you should! CW made a great decision in picking that series up.
Dakota Johnson in Chanel Haute Couture
On Golden Globe night, I had a very difficult decision to make. I could either watch the award show or grab dinner with some friends and watch Selma. In the end, I chose to let the show go, but only because I was able to watch the red carpet and felt like I got what I needed. Within the first 30 minutes of the E! Live Red Carpet show, I wasn’t impressed with any of the looks, but as the program went on, I felt like I had something positive to say about nearly every look. This morning, we’re kicking things off with Dakota Johnson. I never read 50 Shades of Grey, but now that I’ve been seeing more ads, I’m becoming much more curious about the film. I love that she chose this gown because she looks fantastic in it, but if I could change anything about this look, I would’ve wanted her to go completely sleek with her hair just to make it look like she didn’t walk straight out of the movie trailer we’ve been seeing for the past month.
– The Warby Parker bus has come and gone! Veronica and I had a great time at their opening party here in Seattle. To see all of their adventures in the Pacific Northwest, click here for the complete roundup of their highlights.
– Remembering Ye Mengyuan and Wang Linjia – the two 16-year old girls who lost their lives from the Asiana Airlines Flight 214. The two young girls were headed to camp. [Source]
– Turntable used to be my jam; now I’m all about TuneIn – how the radio is rising through apps. [Source]
– Twitter enables app to have DM synching. [Source]
– Brooklyn Girl: A new type of girl for the guys? [Source]
– Cheezburger founder Ben Huh discusses what it’s like to let go a third of his employees. [Source]
– George Clooney and Stacey Keibler have split after two years of dating. We were rooting for her! [Source]
– Lauryn Hill began serving her three-month sentence in prison today due to tax evasion. [Source]
– Over 100 late night restaurants in San Francisco sorted by neighborhood and I want to try them ALL! [Source]
– In an attempt to modernize their name – accounting firm – Ernst & Young has decided to rebrand themselves as EY. Unfortunately, EY is also the name of limited edition magazine featuring young male models in barely there clothing. That’s a little awkward. [Source]
– Seattle Met Magazine blog’s list of summer outdoor concerts and shows. SO much Seattle music! [Source]
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
– Lawrence is a Dior girl through and through. Now being the face for the brand, we sure can expect her to be wearing it a lot more than she has already.
[Readers! I’m sorry I missed the live Twitter feed for the red carpet today. I hear this year’s stars were on point with their looks. Unfortunately, I had to attend to some personal matters and that was much more important than blogging today. Thanks for your understanding!]
George Clooney was arrested in Washington DC this morning during a protest over the crisis in Sudan. Clooney led a protest outside of the Sudan Embassy before being taken away by secret service agents.
Clooney’s publicist Stan Rosenfield tells TMZ, “They were protesting the violence committed by the government of Sudan on its own innocent men, women and children. They were demanding they allow humanitarian aid into the country before it becomes the largest humanitarian crisis in the world.”
Among the dozen people that got arrested are George Clooney’s father, Nick Clooney, congressmen, Sudanese citizens, other activists and leaders representing the human rights community.
[Rooney Mara in Givenchy Haute Couture]
I absolutely love this gown on her. It’s so refreshing to see her not wearing black for once since most of her press outfits and even gowns on the red carpet recently have been black.
I spent most of the day watching the red carpet special for the Academy Awards yesterday as E! decided to start it around one if not sooner. Unfortunately, thirty minutes into the show, I decided to give up on watching it to spend my time with some great company. It’s alright – the red carpet is usually the main priority for me…that was until Ashley sent me a text that said, “We could have easily made tonight a drinking game,” which meant that I was missing a whole lot of highlights from the show.
I suppose I can just read about the rest of the stuff that happened during the show. I did, however, witness Sacha Baron Cohen as the Dictator dump Bisquick all over Ryan Seacrest’s Burberry suit. Just watching him trying to contain his anger over the situation was entertaining enough.
And with that, let’s get into some red carpet looks!
Rose Byrne in Elie Saab Couture
I was actually impressed by most of the looks I saw on the red carpet this year at the 2012 SAG Awards -more so than the Golden Globes. Rose Byrne, Michelle Williams, Emma Stone were some of my favorites! I absolutely loved how Rose Byrne opted for a jumpsuit instead of a gown. It’s a risky choice, but the actress pulled it off. Also, her haircut is adorable with the look.
Charlize Theron in Dior completely gets Yow Yow’s stamp of approval for being the best dressed on the red carpet last night. There was a whole lot of cream and ivory, but gosh the simplicity and elegance of this gown made me melt. The headband was also what sealed the deal for me.
This is the first I am ever hearing about the film, but it’s starring Ryan Gosling and George Clooney. And hey – this poster is kind of clever. Who knew that these two actually looked really similar? If Ryan grows up to look like George someday, then we are in good freakin’ shape now aren’t we?!