Let’s just call it what it is.
Let’s just call it what it is.
E! TV personality Giuliana Rancic announced today that she will be leaving E! News, but will still be a part of Fashion Police and E! Live Red Carpet – two other franchises part of the network. She had this to say about her departure:
For more than a decade, I was fortunate enough to play a role in the success of E! News and will miss my family at the show,” Rancic says. “At the same time, I am excited to not only continue as host of two major franchises on E! but also executive produce the aspirational new show Rich in Faith for Oxygen as well as take my wine and clothing lines to the next level. “This is such a thrilling time for me and I thank the gang at E! for understanding my desire to embark on this next chapter in my life.”
After the scandal that happened earlier this year with Zendaya, I honestly can’t say that I am surprised. I think her way of handling the incident didn’t sit well with most people and it was hard for her to really make a comeback from that. It wouldn’t shock me if in another year or less than a year she exits the network completely.
Her last day on E! News will be Monday, August 10th.
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
– Lawrence is a Dior girl through and through. Now being the face for the brand, we sure can expect her to be wearing it a lot more than she has already.
[Readers! I’m sorry I missed the live Twitter feed for the red carpet today. I hear this year’s stars were on point with their looks. Unfortunately, I had to attend to some personal matters and that was much more important than blogging today. Thanks for your understanding!]
The only couple that matters returns to television tonight with their fifth season.
Nobody adores Giuliana and Bill more than I do!
Check out the season premiere on the Style Network at 5PM, 6PM, 8PM, and 9PM.
[Rooney Mara in Givenchy Haute Couture]
I absolutely love this gown on her. It’s so refreshing to see her not wearing black for once since most of her press outfits and even gowns on the red carpet recently have been black.
I spent most of the day watching the red carpet special for the Academy Awards yesterday as E! decided to start it around one if not sooner. Unfortunately, thirty minutes into the show, I decided to give up on watching it to spend my time with some great company. It’s alright – the red carpet is usually the main priority for me…that was until Ashley sent me a text that said, “We could have easily made tonight a drinking game,” which meant that I was missing a whole lot of highlights from the show.
I suppose I can just read about the rest of the stuff that happened during the show. I did, however, witness Sacha Baron Cohen as the Dictator dump Bisquick all over Ryan Seacrest’s Burberry suit. Just watching him trying to contain his anger over the situation was entertaining enough.
And with that, let’s get into some red carpet looks!
Rose Byrne in Elie Saab Couture
I was actually impressed by most of the looks I saw on the red carpet this year at the 2012 SAG Awards -more so than the Golden Globes. Rose Byrne, Michelle Williams, Emma Stone were some of my favorites! I absolutely loved how Rose Byrne opted for a jumpsuit instead of a gown. It’s a risky choice, but the actress pulled it off. Also, her haircut is adorable with the look.
When Giuliana Rancic sat down with Ann Curry this morning on the Today Show, we expected her to reveal that the IVF had worked and that she was indeed pregnant as she had always hoped. Unfortunately, Giuliana revealed to everyone that the IVF procedure had uncovered that she was diagnosed with breast cancer. The E! television host is married to first season apprentice winner Bill Rancic. The couple also have a popularity reality series on the Style Network called Giuliana and Bill, which follows them as they juggle both their home life, careers, and attempting to get pregnant. In the season finale, Giuliana and Bill made a third attempt to use IVF in Denver, Colorado after previously not succeeding with IVF the first time and suffering a miscarriage the second try.
Giuliana will undergo surgery later on this week followed by six weeks of radiation, but she still has high hopes in getting pregnant after all of this is over.
– Glee actress Dianna Agron recently tested for the reboot of the new Spiderman starring Andrew Garfield.
– Pacific Coast News reported that they saw Miley Cyrus out last night at Voyeur Nightclub in Hollywood. The club is 21+ and themed around sex. Miley is 17.[Source]
– Jersey Shore’s Snooki was unable to find herself a gorilla juicehead on the most recent season of MTV’s Jersey Shore so the network will be giving Snooks her very own reality dating show. [Source]
– Fashion stylist to the stars Rachel Zoe may possibly be pregnant. If true, this news is coming in at a good time since she recently had a mutual breakup with assistant Brad Goreski and there has not been any word on whether or not her show The Rachel Zoe Project will be renewed. [Source]
– The Power Rangers are returning to the tube with Power Rangers Samurai! The site was recently launched this week and features the characters in the show. They finally cast an Asian actress for the part of the pink ranger and not the yellow ranger. [Source]
– After 13 years, Heidi Klum has decided to hang up her wings from Victoria’s Secret. [Source]
Baby Paris Hilton running away from Nancy Reagan. Oh the good ‘ol days…
– Rick Sanchez has been fired from CNN [Source]
– Kings of Leon will play three US tour dates in Boston, East Rutherford – New Jersey, and New York. [Source]
– The Rocket Summer will be releasing a new EP entitled Of Men and Angels: The B-Sides which will include five tracks that did not make the cut for Of Men and Angels released earlier this year. [Source]
E! host Giuliana and Bill Rancic have opened up about their miscarriage on The View for the first time. [Source]
ABC has already decided to cancel their new series “My Generation” after two episodes. [Source] That sucks… maybe that means Wren can finally come back to Pretty Little Liars.
In Seattle news…
– Cupcake Royale’s new cupcake of the month is pumpkin maple! [Source]