12 Jun 2013
Photo Cred | Glamour
It’s a short article, but it’s to-the-point and a simple read. 25-year old Enid Hwang is working her dream job at Pinterest as a Community Manager, but she didn’t just get it from simply applying online and sending over her resume. Enid went after the job by meeting with founder Ben Silbermann and it wasn’t until 9 months later after that coffee date that he offered her the job. She was the sixth employee. Now, Pinterest boasts over 100 employees and have relocated from Palo Alto to San Francisco. Check out their profile on Enid and how she puts in her work here. It’s inspiring to see how creative individuals are doing whatever it takes to not only go after their dream job, but create the job of their dreams.
21 May 2013
Who: Dianna Agron, Zosia Mamet, and Alexa Chung
Wearing: Valentino, Rebecca Minkoff, and Moschino respectively
Where: Glamour’s Night of Monologues
02 Feb 2013
– I gave advice to college students. [Source]
photo cred | The Coveteur
– My style icon, Louise Roe, became the Glamour Editor-At-Large. [Source]
– Yow Yow! had an insanely fun Song of the Day!
– I shared with you all my favorite eye liner of all time by Stila.
– Madonna tried to sway people to attend her show. It didn’t really work.
– We learned about what kids were learning from school. Not much.
– Our favorite internet memes become movie posters that we wanted to buy. [Source]
– We were given the Sasquatch 2012 lineup!
– I was impressed by Jeopardy.
02 Jan 2013
– Zooey Deschanel does not look like Zooey Deschanel on the cover of Glamour. [Source]
– Fake braces are all the rage right now in Asia. [Source]
– Girls will be releasing a soundtrack in January! Excited. Hope this is on Spotify because their music selection is. on. point. [Source]
– Our girl Britney will be working on a new album. [Source]
– a scripted hour-long drama is in the works for E! and will be a mixture of Gallery Girls and Mean Girls called Gallerina [Source]
– Ann Curry won’t let that NBC drama get her down. Apparently, she’s been contacted for a position at CNN as an anchor. [Source]
– The shows that ended in 2012.
– Andddd the television characters that passed away in 2012. [Source]
– The Twilight Saga was voted the worst movies of all time. Shocker. [Source]
– We prepare to say goodbye to the iconic Easy Street Records on Queen Anne. [Source]
– Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris finally got married! She didn’t run away this time. [Source]
Did I mention that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are having a spawn baby together?
– The PS2 is not more. Japan stops production. [Source]
– Are you in a profession that could lead you to being a psychopath?
Author Kevin Dutton tells us in his new book which professions are most likely and least likely to lead to psychopathy. [Source]
19 Jul 2012
Mila Kunis not looking like Mila Kunis on the cover of Glamour’s latest issue
Gah. She’s still so pretty, but they kind of ruined this. AMIRITE?!
Read more “Mila Kunis for Glamour”
03 Apr 2012
Even topless, Lauren Conrad still manages to look super sweet and classy on the cover of Glamour. The reality star turned fashion designer turned author can do no wrong.
Read more “Lauren Conrad Goes Back To Her Laguna Beach Roots For Glamour”
09 Mar 2012
“Just recently I started letting myself eat things from the minibar. When we were kids, we would never open the minibar. A $6 Snickers bar? But the other day I was in a hotel and I was staring at a Snickers bar, and I finally just ate it. Then it was like something in me snapped. I opened all these drinks. I thought: I can do it now. Now I’m all grown-up. I can eat things from the minibar.” – Jennifer Lawrence
Oh my gosh. My parents would never even let me open up the minibar. I was a strange child – even though I knew I could never have it, I just wanted to be able to see what the hotel was offering and be able to rank them based on their goods. I like Jennifer Lawrence already because she’s like me!
So…who’s excited for The Hunger Games? It looks like I never achieved my goal of reading the books first so it’s looks like I’m going to have to just get on that film track.
02 Feb 2012
photo cred | InStyle
One of my favorite style icons (next to Alexa Chung of course) has been named the Fashion Editor-At-Large at Glamour Magazine. Louise Roe, who is originally from across the pond, has been making a name for herself in the last couple of years first appearing on The City as Olivia Palermo’s “nemesis” at Elle and then as the host of her own CW makeover television series, Plain Jane. I actually really loved Plain Jane when I caught up with the show earlier this year, but it didn’t pick up that much steam over here in the states. I hear that is is pretty successful in the UK though.
Congratulations Louise! I can’t wait to see how you put your own spin on things over at Glamour.