Rihanna in Armani Prive
This year, we missed both the Grammy awards and the red carpet. We’ve been on a pretty good streak so far with awards shows, but today I wanted to take the day off and instead, I went to go see “50 Shades Darker” with a couple of my girlfriends. At dinner later on, the show happened to be airing at the restaurant we were at so I caught a few glimpses, but we’re likely going to catch up on all the notable performances and speeches in the next day or two. As always, Grammy fashion is sometimes the award show that produces the most talked about outfits so with that, here are our favorites along with ones that we feel we have to highlight just because!
This new commercial promoting the 54th Annual Grammy Awards and featuring Bon Iver just gave me chills. This year’s nominees got real hipster and a part of me wants them to take home all of the awards.
Bon Iver is nominated for Best New Artist, Song of the Year for “Holocene,” Alternative Album of the Year for their current self-titled album and Record of the Year.
This commercial is just the first in the series to be released, but I’m looking forward to seeing the others featuring Adele and Skrillex.
Photo cred. emcBlue
Since I’ve been swamped all week with finals work, Max filled me in at lunch today about how some of our favorite bands are up for Grammy nominations this year! You would think that this might irk me a little bit because this would mean that my favorite music is becoming more mainstream if it is being recognized by an award show like this, but strangely I feel the opposite. Do you know how long it has taken for indie music to get to this point? For as long as I’ve known, they have always been shoved into another category – that maybe they just weren’t good enough or something, but now they are up against mainstream acts like Katy Perry, Adele, and Maroon 5. It’s going to be a tough fight, but I’ve got hope for them.
Congratulations to: Bon Iver, Mumford & Sons, Foster the People and the rest of the Grammy nominees.
To view all of the nominations, click here.
– Lupe Fiasco’s new album cover for Lasers [Source]
– Usher, B.o.B, Bruno Mars, Janelle Monáe, Justin Bieber, and Jaden Smith have been added to the Grammy performers lineup. [Source]
– Marie Caro, mother of anorexic model Isabelle Caro, has committed suicide just months after her daughter’s death. [Source]
–Kat Von D and Jesse James are engaged and will get married next month. [Source]
– The first actress has been named for the Charlie’s Angels reboot [Source]
– The Strokes’ new album “Angles” will be out March 22nd. [Source]
– Natalie Portman on Ellen – so cute!
– Anne Hathaway will be cast as Chris Colfer’s lesbian aunt on Glee. [Source]
– Anne Hathaway has also been casted as Selina Kyle AKA Catwoman in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises” with Tom Hardy as Bane. [Source]
– Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom named their son Flynn. [Source]
– Ivanka Trump is pregnant. [Source]
– Regis Philbin will retire later on this year from “Live With Regis and Kelly.” [Source]
– Aaron Carter has entered rehab. [Source]
– Kelly Osbourne will be replacing Taylor Momsen as the face of Madonna and her daughter’s line Material Girl. [Source]
– Glee reveals songs from their upcoming Valentine’s Day episode! [Source]