Kerry Washington in Prada
I may have missed the entire show from being at work and out to dinner, but we’d never miss a chance of covering the red carpet.
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
– Lawrence is a Dior girl through and through. Now being the face for the brand, we sure can expect her to be wearing it a lot more than she has already.
[Readers! I’m sorry I missed the live Twitter feed for the red carpet today. I hear this year’s stars were on point with their looks. Unfortunately, I had to attend to some personal matters and that was much more important than blogging today. Thanks for your understanding!]
Olivia Wilde in Marchesa
Chocolate brown and gold sequins are the perfect combination for this Golden Globe gown. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen Olivia look this good! I also loved that she wore her hair down with her bangs since we are typically used to seeing it done up.
Halle Berry is this year’s lucky girl! She appears on the cover of Vogue’s most important September issue. It will be hard for you to miss this one on the newstands:
1) Because it’s thicker than a novel.
2) Halle Berry looks fantastic!
3) Click the cut for the cover.
– Project Runway will start up again on Lifetime beginning July 29th with just a couple of changes. Each episode will now run 90-minutes long and the “Bluefly Accessories Wall” will be replaced by the “Piperlime Accessories Wall”
– Congratulations Jenna Lyons on becoming the new President of J. Crew!
– Carey Mulligan will be on the cover of the October issue of Vogue while Halle Berry receives the coveted September issue cover.
– Last night Glee star Amber Riley sang the National Anthem at the All-Star Game. [Source]
– Victoria’s Secret Angel model Doutzen Kroes is three months pregnant w/ her first child. The father is her boyfriend DJ Sunnery James.
– Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem tied the knot secretly earlier this month.
– Craig Ferguson and wife Megan Cunningham-Wallace are expecting. He announced this via Twitter.
– Actress Keke Palmer graduated high school one year early and plans to attend Howard University in the future.
– Taylor Momsen is the face of Material Girl, a line launched by Madonna and her daughter Lourdes.
– Lindsay Lohan has claimed that she will “kill herself before she goes to jail.” [source]
– Kelly Osbourne has broken things off w/ her fiance Luke Worrall after discovering his unfaithfulness. [source]
– Cheryl Cole is recovering from from her Malaria, but has banned her Girls Aloud bandmates from visiting her in the hospital. [source]
– Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston are engaged and decided to hide it from Sarah Palin, but went to the press first. Hmm…
– Urban Outfitters launched a new jewelry collection today with designers that include: Archive, Erika Pena, BJ by Jules, Calourette, Dara Ettinger, Lizzie Fortunato Jewels, Species by the Thousands and Sabrina Dehoff. Check out the goods here
– Joan Ginter, a math professor from Texas has won the lottery four times. The chances of this happening are one in 18 septillion. 18 septillion is 18 with 24 zeroes behind it! She didn’t win small amounts of money either. “Ginther won $11 million in 1993, $2 million in 2006, $3 million in 2008 and $10 million last month.” She is one lucky lady… today she resides in Las Vegas! Can’t think of a better place for her to live than there. [source]
– Spencer Pratt attempted disguise himself in order to sneak into The Hills series finale event last night in Los Angeles. He would have definitely added an extra kick to the after-show had they actually let him in.
– Stella McCartney will design uniforms for the British athletes competing in the London 2012 Olympics after being named the creative director. [source]
In case you missed it, everyone hates Mel Gibson! This sign was spotted outside a gym in New Jersey.
In Capitol Hill news…
– Octo Sushi on 12th Ave [in the old Crave space] and Genki Sushi in the new Broadway Building are now open!
– So is Homegrown Sandwiches, my favorite organic, sandwich shop located in the Melrose Market.
– This Thursday, the Silver Cloud Inn will be debuting their new restaurant Jimmy’s on Broadway, which will be sort of like “a sports focused classy place that caters to the stadium crowd.” [Source]
– Awhile ago, I tried to make a visit to the local Jamba Juice at 1303 Madison when I discovered it was no longer there. I was sure that there had been a Jamba Juice there, but maybe I missed it by a block? Supposedly, it had been shut down unexpectedly. Now, Crêpan Crepe World, a Japanese-style crepe restaurant is moving in.
– Taylor Swift has been signed as the newest spokesperson for Cover Girl.
– My friends from The Scene Aesthetic will be going on tour with Forever the Sickest Kids this summer 2010
– Batman 3 will be released July 2010. It doesn’t have a title yet.
– Diane Kruger will be the new face of Calvin Klein fragrances.
– Little Miss Sunshine will become a musical [source]
– Halle Berry has split with Gabriel Aubry
– Seth Green married actress Clare Grant over the weekend.
– The week long internship at Vogue was auctioned off for $42,500. That not-so-lucky winner is paying $150 /hr to intern. Ouch.
– Daniel Radcliffe had his first injury while filming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows today.
“I was shooting a scene where Harry is fighting a huge snake,” he said. “As you know, the Harry Potter films are big productions, so instead of an actual snake in front of me, our stunt coordinator held a long stick with a boxing glove at the end.”
Poor guy now has a black eye.
– DJ AM has left a $1 million estate behind and no will. His funeral was scheduled for this afternoon.
– Every so often a show will come along and at that point I will add it to my schedule of must-sees. This might be one of them! And also I love Shiri Appleby and have loved her ever since the show Roswell.
– The Duggars are expecting another child. (Not again… but are we even surprised? Absolutely not.)
– Avril Lavigne and Katy Perry will be guest judges on this ninth season of American Idol.
– Halle Berry is expecting also!
– Spencer Pratt recently announced that he wanted to change his name to “King Spencer Pratt.” Gross.
– John Krasinski and Emily Blunt are engaged! But want a short engagement.
Sex and the City 2 has begun filming.