It’s a BIG news day. These will be my only posts of the day unless something relevant comes up. It’s finals week so you’ll won’t be seeing too much until Thursday :)
– Eunice Kennedy Shriver has passed away today at the age of 88. She was the founder of the Special Olympics.
– The famous Times Square Studio will no longer be home to MTV. The glass window is known for being a classic tradition during the live tapings of MTV’s hit show TRL – Total Request Live
– Last week news broke that Emmy Rosum had split with boyfriend Justin Siegel. Turns out that they were actually married and had a confidential marriage license.
–Twilight Barbies. Enough said.
The trailer for Heath Ledger’s final film “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus” has been released.
– Jennifer Hudson gave birth to a baby boy with fiance David Otunga on Monday.
– In case you haven’t seen… Mac Book Touch
I hate Macs, but I still think it’s pretty. To read more about the article click here
Charlize Theron is gracing the cover of THE SEPTEMBER ’09 issue of Vogue and because of the financial crisis we’re all living in, the fashion magazine has scaled down to a mere 584 pages this year. oh man more ads and less text I’m sure.
– Did anyone watch the Teen Choice Awards last night? It was completely all about The Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus and Twilight. Granted, the Jo Bros were the hosts of the night so that’s understandable.
– Kathy Griffin took Levi Johnston (Bristol Palin’s baby daddy) as her date. Then they talked about it on Larry King Live? and it was awkward to the max. This must be a sick joke.
– Miley Cyrus’s very controversial performance at the Teen Choice Awards performing “Party in the USA.”
I guess the pole part wasn’t that bad… but I can see why it might make people uncomfortable. DAMN what does Nick Jonas think of Miley now?! And this song is really catchy… can’t stop listening to it.
– 60 year old grandpa John Moyer has been sentenced to two days in jail, 180 days of probation and 50 hours of community service for publicly groping Minnie Mouse at Walt Disney World back in June ie giving her “fake Minnie Mouse boobs a squeeze.”
How did this go down in court?
“It doesn’t matter she was grabbed. She’s just a mouse,” argued the prosecutor. “It’s not just a mouse. It’s a person … It’s not OK to go to the diner and pinch a waitress’ butt anymore, and it’s not OK to go to a theme park and pinch a character’s butt.”
– Scott Schuman’s book “The Sartorialist,” featuring his profession as a photographer for street style will debut this Wednesday. I’ll be at Border’s reading it all Saturday.
– Some guy has a handgun strapped to his leg during a health care forum. In public. President Obama is attending and no one is doing anything about it really.
– and irrelevant Country music news. Brooks & Dunn are ending their music career after 20 years. no big deal.