Over time, keeping up with Wedding Mondays has become more and more challenging for several reasons. It takes some time to sift through the wedding blogs that I love to see if there are any videos featured in the posts from the previous week. Secondly, over time, my bar has gotten kind of high. The good thing is that hopefully we’re showcasing more wedding videos that you like or that are new to you and inspire you like they do for me. The hard part is that some weeks there aren’t any videos I want to feature. I’ve gotten to be okay with that over the years, but there’s a part of me that gets irritate when I can’t share something consistently every week.
All it took was a second. That first note in TRACE’s “Honey” and I was completely sucked in. Then came the desert shots and the personalized vows all set to the sounds of “Honey.” I was so glad that it wasn’t Walk the Moon or any other cliche wedding song because it just would have felt out of place. Hopefully, you’ll love this as much as I do!
Unfortunately, I can’t embed the video, but you can view it here and the rest of the feature on Green Wedding Shoes.
– Charlize Theron covers Vogue’s December issue. [Source]
– Co-founder and chief creative officer Tamara Mellon is leaving Jimmy Choo along with CEO Joshua Shulman. [Source]
– Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, daughter of former editor-in-chief Carine Roitfeld, is preggers! [Source]
– Apple is recalling the first generation iPod nanos due to a possible safety risk caused by the batteries. [Source]
– Lady Gaga and well-known choreographer Laurieann Gibson are no longer working together. [Source] “Honey” used to be one of my favorite dancing films and Laurieann did the choreography for every single part of it.
– OFWGKTA were dismissed from New Zealand’s Big Day Out festival lineup because of their offensive homophobic and misogynistic lyrics.[Source]
– Jay-Z says Kanye is obsessive-compulsive plus Jay-Z highlights some odd behavior as described in GQ. [Source]
– MTV will bring back their hipster television series, “I Just Want My Pants Back” on Thursday, Feb. 2nd 2012. [Source] I was hooked after their teaser episode in early fall!
– Seattle’s Intiman Theater will reopen in 2012 with a summer festival. [Source]
– A nearby rave event caused Shadow, the dolphin, to become stressed out by the music. As a result, the dolphin became so distressed by it that he died. [Source]
– The recent updates of porn on people’s Facebook newsfeeds are terrifying users. [Source]
– A new magazine devoted entirely to the news of reality television stars called Reality Weekly will debut next year. [Source]
– Evelyn Lauder, beauty mogul and breast cancer activist, passed away this weekend at age 75. [Source]
– I was disgusted and almost nauseous reading this interview with Penn State’s accused defensive coordinator Jerry Sandursky. [Source] Note: this contains disturbing content.
– Pippa Middleton is a single lady! [Source]
– Kendall Jenner got a range rover for her sweet sixteen. [Source]
I’ve decided that Britney Spears to me is kind of like Santa Claus. We’ve reached beyond the age where we no longer believe that Santa exists, but that doesn’t mean that we stop believing in Christmas. I’ve learned to accept that Britney Spears doesn’t actually sing live, but that doesn’t mean that her performance is terrible. Homegirl is workin’ it still at 29!
On another note, the bistro was playing Mariah Carey’s “Honey” today when I walked by. THROWBACK to my first favorite song ever in 1997.
My only experience with anything 3D was Honey, I Shrunk the Kids at Disney Land. Back then, 3D was all the rage and now it’s making a comeback with Piranha 3D – a movie that I will not be seeing. Are 3D movies living up to their hype though? I really want to know. I don’t feel like wearing goofy flimsy “glasses” in a movie theater even if everyone else is wearing it.
I’m not a fan because they make me dizzy and I have absolutely no problem watching a movie in just 2D without 3D at all.
So…what happens when a movie comes out on DVD? Are you supposed to have your handy dandy 3D glasses at home w/ you?