– Entourage will wrap up the series in the summer of 2011 with approximately six episodes to the season. This is the longest running show on HBO. [source]
– Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen have called off their engagement. [source]
– Survivor has a new cast in for season 21 in Nicaragua. Meet the cast here. Tribes have been divided into the under age 30 tribe and over age 40 tribe. Why is this show not over yet?
– Jane Lynch will host the October 9th episode of Saturday Night Live.
– Portia de Rossi will legally be changing her name to Portia DeGeneres. Portia and Ellen married in August 2008. [Source]
Weezer’s new album Hurley will be released on September 14, 2010. The picture above of Hurley from LOST is actually the album cover. How fitting! Rivers Cuomo says of the image, “I just loved this photo of Jorge Garcia — it just had this amazing vibe. We didn’t want to do a fourth self-titled record and we knew people would refer to it as ‘the Hurley record’ even if left it without that title, so we just called it ‘Hurley.’ No words are on the cover because all we wanted was his amazing face.” [source]
Justin Bieber is the new face of Proactiv.
– Meet the new MTV TJ [Twitter Jockey] Gabbi Gregg. She beat out 20 contestants and was known as being the plus-size fashion blogger. The 24-year old has earned a $100,000 contract as the official social media face of the network. Read more about her future plans as the new TJ here.
The UK’s Metropolitan Police has released a new interactive PSA. So far, every PSA from the UK that I have seen continues to be extremely powerful. It’s definitely something that should be here, but isn’t.
– Lady Gaga managed to make out with a fan WHILE she was crowd surfing during her performance at Lollapalooza this past weekend. It takes skills to multi-task.
In Seattle news…
– Seattle’s own Via Tribunali and Pike Street Fish Fry will be heading to Ludlow Street all the way in New York! [Source]
– Homegrown sandwiches on Capitol Hill will begin serving dinner on August 16h.
– I also spotted some construction going on today at the new Rock Box karaoke bar opening in the fall on Pine Street today.
In favorite graphics of the day…
B-girl Grandma Tracy knows how to bust a move in NYC.
This post is dedicated to my dear friend Beth who told me today over lunch that she felt smarter when she read my blog because she was able to contribute to conversations. I’m glad I can do that for you :)