Leave it to my co-workers to teach me something new everyday. This app has been out since late October, but the trailer for it was just too good and blogworthy. If you’re tired of having to continuously type in your password, all you have to do is install the Knock app. Knock twice on your iPhone and your Mac unlocks. I’ve heard that it doesn’t work every time and it might be a little bit silly if you are constantly knocking on your phone and it doesn’t unlock, but we are the generation of laziness so… YOLO?
A toy from my childhood is making a comeback. Actually maybe this is its third comeback because I heard the second one didn’t come out so hot. Tamagatchi will return to the virtual world in the form of an Android App and I’m curious readers with Androids…will you get it? Word on the street is there will also be a version that will be released for the Apple iOs as well. When I was a kid, the Tamagotchi was the closest thing I ever had to having a pet and when it died because I could only take care of it at lunch or at recess, I felt like somewhat of a failure.
In my 20s…I can safely say that I will not be putting myself through that again.
The evolution of cell phones before and after the release of the iPhone.
Joseph Gordon Levitt for Playboy Magazine [Source]
Condé Nast lets you play model in their new video game, Fashion Hazard, available on both iPhone and the iPad. [Source]
Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas puts her hair in the hands of celeb stylist Ted Gibson. [Source]
Spin Magazine has cancelled their Nov/Dec issue. [Source]
Record label, Fueled By Ramen, is raising money to support The Academy Is… band member Andrew Bishop Mrotek AKA The Butcher. Andrew was violently mugged at the end of July and has been in and out of the ER undergoing several surgeries. He is also without health care and FBR has said that any support that fans can provide will significantly help towards his bills. [Source]
Remember that brawl between Chris Brown and Drake not too long ago? The nightclub is allegedly suing them for $16 million. [Source]
Lady Gaga x Kendrick Lamar collaboration on the way! [Source]
The Jonas Brothers will come together again for a one-time concert. [Source] I want this.
TLC taps into a new reality “looking for love” show called “Secret Princes.” [Source]
ABC’s Revenge has decided to make a re-cast decision for Emily’s mentor, Satoshi Takeda. [Source]
Teen Mom’s Farrah Abraham released a new music video. Apparently, auto tune is her best friend. [Source] Too awful to actually post the video on my blog
ABC Family has cancelled “Jane By Design.” [Source]
NBC’s ‘Tonight Show’ has laid off 20 employees. [Source]
The city of Bremerton will re-name a street for Olympic gold medalist Nathan Adrian. [Source]
Amazon Local will begin delivering Capitol Hill’s Eltana bagels. [Source]
Lauren Conrad made a huge mistake by releasing a new DIY video on her YouTube account today that showed her slicing up Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events and turning it into a storage project. Fans of the series were not very happy and her video has since been deleted. [Source]
Top Chef Cruise 2013 [Source]
Could a men’s birth control be in the works? [Source]
– Alexa Chung has made her Instagram private after several of her followers left comments for her on this picture saying that she was too thin. She responded, “Ok everyone thanks for the teen angst discussions. People are different sizes. I’m not trying to be thinspo for anyone.” [Source]
– Rag & Bone will launch a handbag line this fall. [Source]
– Nicki Minaj will develop her own fragrance. [Source]
– This photo of two models kissing in Urban Outfitters’ latest catalog has stirred up some controversy with the One Million Moms (OMM) Organization.
“The content is offensive and inappropriate for a teen who is the company’s target customer.” And they’re asking supporters to boycott the retailer: “Tell them you will also no longer shop at their stores if you hear this type of advertising continues.”
Whatever, man. There’s always some organization that brings up this issue every month. [Source]
– Marchesa may be launching a contemporary line very soon. [Source]
– I’ve been waiting for this album, but I don’t have to wait much longer since Metric’s “Synthetica” will be out June 12. [Source]
– After debuting Tupac’s hologram at Coachella this past weekend, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg are now considering taking it on tour with them. [Source]
– Zooey totally sold me on the iPhone 4s in this commercial. It was the tomato soup.
– NBC will stream the entire 2012 Summer Olympics in London. I get that it’s popular these days, but it’s gonna be on NBC all day every day. [Source]
– MTV’s Teen Wolf will return in June for their second season. [Source]
– The Seattle Center will partner with Coca-Cola and name them the “official beverage” of the space and will celebrate them at their Next Fifty event. [Source]
– Congratulations to The Stranger writer, Eli Sanders, for his Pulitzer on feature writing! So much of my Seattle news comes from this blog so I think credit should be given when deserved. [Source]
– Tru Blood stars Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are expecting. [Source]
– Angelina Jolie’s engagement ring from Brad Pitt is reportedly worth $1 million dollars. [Source
– Kanye West apparently broke up with Kim Kardashian via text. [Source]
– Dick Clark has passed away after suffering a heart attack. He was 82 years old. [Source]
– Victoria Beckham’s birthday cake…is not a real cake. It’s fruit. [Source]
photo cred | Bobby
Today, Alexis introduced me to Draw Something and let me play around with it while she was working. I’m starting to realize more and more every day how much I am missing out on life without having an iPhone. Do any of you have the app? I just realized after looking at their Facebook page that I am nowhere near as talented as other users. Today I drew a ruler and butchered “Home Run.”
photo cred | The Pop Up City
My one regret about not having an iPhone is not being able to have the Instagram app. I realize that the app specifically is miniscule in terms of what the entire iPhone can provide for me, but real talk here – I just want to fit in with everyone else. I won’t lie to you, I even went to the actual Instagram website to see if I could just download the app to my computer so that I could convert my photos that way, but no such luck.
Not only do my photos lack coolness, but not having the app puts me at a disadvantage for opportunities like this.
Levi’s is holding a casting call for their latest ad campaign and instead of bringing in the models, they want YOUR Instagram photos. So what do you need to do? Take a picture of yourself or your frands being all hip and stuff like Erin Wasson or whatever – Instagram it – Tag it with #IAMLEVIS and wait to see if you get snatched up by the brand!
If they like your photo, your winning Instagram snapshot could appear on their billboards and in their commercials.
Hipster Bingo – $0
This game would not last more than 45 minutes in my neighborhood.
I’m convinced that the iPhone can basically do anything. I do not own an iPhone nor would I want to replace it for my crackberry, but I do know that the iPhone is capable of doing a lot more than my phone can. NetFlix is now formatted to be viewed on either your iPhone or iTouch if you download the free app which was just released yesterday.
The app actually sounds cool, but do you really want to watch a movie on that small of a screen?
The many uses of the iPhone continue…
JD Hancock has created a new photographic series in which the iPhone illustrates common summer scenes using only the iPhone and some miniature figures.