This is the first time I’m ever seeing this trailer or hearing anything about this film and when I first saw that screenshot, I really had no idea what would be ahead. This feels like a different film entirely for James Franco and Jonah Hill and I’m a little bit excited about it.
James Franco and Seth Rogen done spoofed Kanye West and his new music video today! We can’t wait to hear what the Yeezus has to say about this.
I am so excited that the trailer for this movie was released because after watching it last night, I couldn’t wait to share it with you all. Palo Alto is the directorial debut of Gia Coppola – niece of Sofia Coppola and stars Emma Roberts and James Franco. The film is based on a collection of short stories about suburban teens penned by James Franco. The film is hitting some major film festivals in the next coming weeks, but we hope we have a chance to watch it in the US as well. I love the atmosphere that has been created for it and of course – talent runs in the family so we have high hopes for Gia!
“What exactly did I just watch?” was the question that I had for myself leaving the movie theater. I don’t know what I was thinking, but I thought Spring Breakers would have some aspects of comedy in it. It was not funny at all though. I guess that was just silliness on my part though – the move was directed by Harmony Korine after all. Now, I never saw “Kids,” but I certainly know enough about it to know that Selena Gomez wasn’t going to resemble anything like her Disney Channel characters. The movie was pretty indie and mesmerizing in an intoxicating dazed kind of a way. I was drawn to the neon lights and the style of filming, but there were times when I started to feel dizzy. That also could have been from my medication or my appetite though.
Here are some takeaways:
Readers, if you’ve seen Spring Breakers, what were your thoughts?
The trailer for the dark film “Spring Breakers” starring James Franco, Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, and Ashley Benson has just been released. Kind of interesting to see them all doing a project unlike anything they’ve done before.
Would you see it?
I think I would just out of curiosity…also how ridiculous does James Franco look?
Starring James Franco, Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz, and Michelle Williams
For as long as I have known, I have always sort of put James Franco on this non-existent pedestal. It’s probably because for the longest time, he hasn’t put out anything that has sucked. It all started with Freaks and Geeks, but his career has only gone up since then. In addition to his acting career, Franco is also a genius and can’t get enough of school. The guy keeps going back!
On Wednesday, I read a post from Flavorwire about his new documentary series called Undergrads. Even before watching the trailer, I started psyching myself out.
“Oh man, no one knows college better than James Franco! He’s been there so many times, I bet he highlights the best stories!”
“Re-live the best four years of my life (almost) with Franco’s new documentary? Yes please!”
I got a little bit ahead of myself because instead of getting my favorite web-series, “Dorm Life,” the trailer resembled more of MTV’s “College Life.” In case any of you get confused, those two are NOT the same thing or even remotely similar to each other. Unfortunately, there were even some parts of the trailer that made me cringe. I’m not saying that his new series had to be like my own college experience, but I felt like there were highlights of things you may have expected from college, but never happened. When it came down to it, those experiences were just too corny.
Anyways, maybe I’m wrong. Check out the trailer here and let me know what you think.
-The Kids Are All Right actress Mia Wasikowska is the new face of Miu Miu and featured in their latest campaign. [Source]
– Paul & Joe’s new beauty campaign is all about cats! [Source]
– Whitney Port will have her first runway show at New York Fashion Week. [Source]
-Viva Model Management has signed Lykke Li. [Source]
– Kristen Stewart is the new face for Balenciaga Fragrance. [Source]
-Lana Del Rey covers Billboard. Have you heard of her yet? Dis girl be blowing up! [Source]
-Tavi gets even more cooler; featured in a Wilco music video. [Source]
-Lil Wayne will publish a memoir about his days in prison. [Source]
– Katy Perry’s parents try to play matchmaker and want to set her up with Tim Tebow. [Source]
– WELP! Coachella sold out in three hours for both weekends. [Source]
– Emma Roberts has pulled out of Spring Breakers due to a conflict in creative differences. The movies stars Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, and James Franco. [Source]
– Kim Kardashian will host Live With Kelly! on Jan. 23rd. [Source]
– MTV’s Teen Mom 2 star Leah Messer is expecting twins again. [Source] Oh what’s up Kate Gosslin 2.0
– Zooey Deschanel and Channing Tatum will host Saturday Night Live. [Source]
-ABC’s “Work It” about two men cross dressing to find work was cancelled after two episodes. [Source]
– Congratulations to former Coffee Haus performers Champagne Champagne! The hip-hop trio will open for Wu-Tang Clan on their Seattle date. [Source]
– Philadelphia is the most depressing city to live in, and unfortunately, Seattle is in the top 5. [Source]
– Homegrown’s Turkey + Bacon + Avocado Sandwich is their best selling sandwich for 33 months! [Source] This is actually my favorite and I can vouch for it. If you haven’t tried it yet, you must!
– Michelle Obama is officially on Twitter. [Source]
– Nevermind Sinhead ‘O Connor ends marriage again. [Source]
– The dessert for the Golden Globes will have gold flakes dusted on top of it! [Source]
– A first look at the Jason Wu for Target campaign! The collection debuts February 5, 2012. Is anyone else as excited as I am?! [Source]
– Vera Wang will hit the ice and show off her skills on April 2nd as an honored guest by Figure Skating in Harlem. [Source]
– Indie singer Lana Del Rey has scored a modeling contract. [Source]
– The Black Keys cover the Rolling Stones’ newest issue. [Source]
– The Killers will release a new album in 2012. I still just love Hot Fuss. [Source]
– The Kardashians are hoping to launch a tabloid – just won’t quit building themselves up. [Source]
– Tim Gunn receives a daytime talk show. [Source]
– Contestants for Celebrity Apprentice have been revealed. Clay Aiken! [Source]
– Twilight will become a Broadway musical for one night on January 16. Proceeds from the event will go directly to charity Blessings in a Backpack. [Source]
– Apparently, the QFC on Broadway skipped three months ahead to Easter even passing on Valentine’s Day. [Source]
– Christine Gregoire will introduce a new bill to legalize gay marriage in Washington state. [Source]
– Michelle Bachman has officially ended her presidential bid. [Source]
– Rumored Britney Spears is shopping for a wedding dress in the direction of Betsey Johnson or Jeremy Scott. It looks like our pop princess is spicing things up by opting out of the traditional gowns that would have been made by Vera Wang. [Source]
– Nick Cannon was hospitalized after suffering from mild kidney failure. [Source]
– Zooey Deschanel has officially filed for divorce from Ben Gibbard…is also a savvy spender according to TMZ. [Source]
– Sinhead O’Connor has called off her divorce after a night of passionate lovemaking with her husband. The divorce was filed after 16 days of marriage. So…Kim Kardashian wins again? [Source]
– Emma Roberts is deferring her college experience at Sarah Lawrence in Bronxville, New York due to her work commitments and budding romance with Glee star, Chord Overstreet. [Source]
– Russell Brand and Katy Perry did not have a prenup. He could end up making $20 million off of her. [Source]
– James Franco has sold his first novel to Amazon Publishing. [Source]
– I am crossing my fingers that one of my favorite labels, Vena Cava, will pull through their financial troubles. [Source]
– The Versace for H&M collection has caused the UK E-commerce site to crash. The US site will launch fall 2012. [Source]
– Vera Wang is collaborating with Zales on a new engagement ring collection. [Source]
– Someone has stolen part of Marc Jacobs‘ collection! [Source]
– James Franco continues to add to his resume – makes the entire world look bad. The actor will direct and photograph the upcoming campaign for Seven For All Mankind. [Source]
– Mike Posner ruins “Wonderwall.” GAH!
– Sufjan Stevens is collaborating with The Roots. [Source]
– The babies are not a fan of Lady Gaga’s! After the parents of this baby suggested Lady Gaga hold this little one, it made this face. [Source]
– Scarlett Johansson will direct a film. [Source]
– The sequel to Star Trek will begin filming in January. [Source]
– Taylor Swift is going to be on 60 Minutes this weekend. Not missing that. [Source]
– We say goodbye to One Tree Hill. [Source]
– Steve Buscemi will host SNL on Dec. 3rd w/ The Black Keys as performers. [Source]
– The boycott petition to get the Kardashians off of the E! Network has reached 100K. [Source]
– The Ricki Lake Show will return in 2012. [Source]
– I don’t know about you guys, but the little chance of snow happening in Seattle this weekend is EXCITING! I hope it continues into next week too because having classes cancelled would really be the cherry on top of my fall quarter.
– Bluebird’s new Fremont shop opens Friday. [Source]
– Housewares designer, Jonathan Adler, will stop by Nordstrom on Dec. 1st. [Source]
– Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore are no more. [Source]
– Joe Paterno has a treatable form of lung cancer. [Source]
– Street style photographers Scott Schuman and Garance Dore are both expanding their blogs together. [Source]
– James Franco is on the cover of Flaunt’s latest issue baring his ASSets. [Source]
– Crooked teeth are so in. Go get them done. [Source]
– Kevin Richardson will perform with the Backstreet Boys again for a one-time performance. [Source]
– Maroon 5’s Adam Levine hates Fox News. A lot. [Source]
– MTV will air True Life: I’m Occupying Wall Street on Nov. 5th 6PM EST [Source]
– Paranormal Activity 3 set the world record for biggest horror movie debut this past weekend raking in $54 million at the box office. [Source]
– The Chocolate Box is planning a pop-up shop outside of Pacific Place for mid-fall. The Chocolate Box Express will open Nov. 12 for weekends and beginning Nov 25. daily. [Source]
– The Kardashians are expanding into home decor with their new trademarked name Kardashian Kollection Home. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan will pose for Playboy for a reported $1 million. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan arrived to court the other day with some pretty inflated cheeks. Reason for bloating? Apparently she got some dental work done and thank goodness cause her teeth were a wreck last week. [Source]
– Tony Romo and Candice Crawford are expecting. [Source]
– Actress Kaley Cuoco is engaged to boyfriend Josh ‘Lazie’ Reznik. [Source]
– Tara Reid confesses that she’s not actually married? [Source]
– The Oakland Police Department just went nuts on the locals participating in OccupyOakland by resorting to tear gas. [Source]
– Japan’s Burger King is launching a new promotion that allows customers to eat “All the Whoppers they can in 30 minutes.” For $11, you can eat to your heart’s content. If America launched this, we’d be in big trouble. [Source]
– Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderrama are dating…again? He sure likes his barely legals. [Source]
– Amy Winehouse died unintentionally by consuming too much alcohol. [Source]