Millie Bobby Brown in custom Giorgio Armani
How darling is she?! Every time I see her, I see a young Natalie Portman. I’m so excited for the cast of Stranger Things – they took home a big win tonight!
Viola Davis in Michael Kors Collection
I spent a great deal of time today glued to my TV. Those hours of the red carpet and the actual award show aren’t hours that I can get back. My two takeaways? Well, I didn’t watch enough good movies in the last year and everyone that tried to pull off a long-sleeved dress this year on the red carpet failed. I did have a couple of favorite looks though and they came from those that surprised me! I always like doing this post the night of the award show so that people can have something to scroll through when morning comes around so with that here are my favorite looks as well as those that missed the mark.
I’m actually tired of this trend with dresses being one shouldered and have been for awhile, however, I love this color on Viola and she looks stunning. I also like that she decided to simplify both her and makeup so that the dress could just do its thing. The head-scratching moment of the night for this dress was when Ryan Seacrest asked her what color her dress was while everyone at home was like “um, can’t you tell what color this is?”
Sarah Jessica Parker wearing Vera Wang
Very rarely am I ever impressed by anything SJP wears. She looks like a marshmallow in this gown and I’m not happy with the way she styled her hair. The only way this look could redeem itself is if it were sleeveless and her hair were let down.
It’s been awhile since we’ve had a fun and strong girl anthem on Yow Yow! and this is probably my favorite for the summer. Granted, this album came out in 2013, but I just discovered it a couple weeks ago and am a fan. I feel like it’s somewhat relevant to pop culture right now because I just answered a question on Quora about what Solange is known for and I could really only credit “Losing You” for being one of her popular songs, but actually this one is pretty great even still being a collab.
Solange. So much bigger than an elevator scandal.
I can’t believe it’s time already for the most fashionable night of the year! It’s crazy to think that a year has already gone by. I feel like I was making the 2013 post just last month. This year’s theme is White Tie and Decorations.
Of course we’re kicking things off with Queen Bey and Jay.
Beyonce and Jay-Z both in Givenchy Haute Couture
As I wind down for the evenings, I generally try to listen to some softer sounds, but who am I kidding? If a jam comes up while I’m reading blog news at midnight, I’m going to listen to it. In this case, I did and I’d do it again because Janelle Monae slays. Earlier this weekend, the talented singer performed on the White House front lawn for the White House Easter and threw in a cover of Jackson 5’s “I Want You Back” into her set. Her back-up band is adorable.
Good morning readers! Today’s Song of the Day is a new collaboration from two lovely ladies in the music industry. I am obsessed with both of their albums so when I heard that they were working on a new song together, I was absolutely thrilled. It’s the perfect track to get your weekend started. By the way, what are all of you up to this weekend?
I’ve got another week of “Pre-Finals” ahead of me and a Rumble in the Jungle…but more on that later!
– Fashionista explains while Elle has decided to select their Carey Mulligan cover photo after Vogue already did in 2010. [Source]
– The Vogue Archive has every Vogue issue available for viewing/reading from the last 120 years. Cost? $1,575/yr [Source]
– Pantone and Sephora will collaborate on a new line devoted to the color of the year – Tango Tangerine. [Source]
– Clemence Poesy is the new face of G-Star Raw. [Source]
– Janelle Monae will release two albums in 2012. CAN’T WAIT! [Source]
– Glee will do a Michael Jackson tribute episode. [Source]
– Get a head start on purchasing your Capitol Hill Block Party tickets now! AKA the best. weekend. ever.
– Coldplay will return to the Northwest in 2012. [Source]
– Former Seattle Sonics player, Gary Payton, will help Seattle get a basketball team back here in 2012. [Source]
– Eddie Bauer opens up a pop-up shop at Melrose Market. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan’s “tasteful” Playboy cover has been revealed. [Source]
– Twitter is about to get a makeover. [Source]
– Shots have been fired at Virginia Tech’s campus and two people are confirmed dead. My thoughts are with everyone affected by this incident. [Source]
– Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are covering Vogue’s second annual best dressed issue. The issue highlights the best in fashionable sisters including the Olsen twins, Kate and Pippa Middleton, Dakota and Elle Fanning and many more. [Source]
– Dakota Fanning’s ad for Marc Jacobs’ “Oh Lola” fragrance has been banned for being too sexual. [Source]
– In Chloe Sevigny’s recent cover shoot for Candy Magazine photographed by Terry Richardson, the two of them collaborated in…another way. [Source] Must be weird for Terry to make out with someone that completely looks like him.
– Girl Scout cookies as chap sticks flavors [Source]
– Alber Elbaz, the designer behind Lanvin, is writing a book. [Source]
–Dakota and Elle Fanning cover W. [Source]
– The lovely and talented Dia Frampton will be releasing her first debut album on December 6th. [Source]
– To celebrate Christmas at the Rockefeller Center, Tony Bennett, Justin Bieber, Michael Bublé, Cee Lo Green, Faith Hill, Carole King, Katharine McPhee, Javier Colon and The Radio City Rockettes will be performing for the live broadcast. [Source]
– Justin Bieber is definitely taking the paternity test in two weeks and Maury is trying to recruit him to be on his show when he reveals the results. [Source] I would love to hear Maury announce, “YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!” or vice versa.
– An acoustic performance by Fun of “We Are Young” featuring Janelle Monae. [Source]
– EMI Music has been sold to Universal for $1.9 Billion. Sony bought out EMI Music Publishing for $2.2 Billion. [Source]
– Taylor Momsen’s band, The Pretty Reckless, will support Guns ‘N Roses on tour. [Source]
– Showtime has renewed Weeds for an eighth season. [Source] I can’t believe this show isn’t over yet.
– Billy Crystal will be hosting the Oscars this year replacing Eddie Murphy. [Source]
– Lifetime TV is planning a new reality series called “Starving Secrets” to highlight the effects of having an eating disorder. [Source]
– Breaking Dawn fans are camping out for the premiere of the movie in Los Angeles. [Source] Wow, that doesn’t sound like fun at all.
– The Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit will open next spring at the Seattle Center and will be the world’s largest Chihuly exhibit to ever exist. [Source] Above is a photograph of our Chihuly sculpture on campus in Pigott.
– Cupcake Royale has made Breaking Dawn cupcakes to celebrate the release. [Source]
– Meet Seattle’s most influential people of 2011. [Source]
– Seattle made the list for being the 8th shopaholic city. [Source]
– These are the worst action figures of Kate and Pippa Middleton I have ever seen. [Source]
– Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves are finally following in the footsteps of their previous characters and are dating! [Source]
– 25- year old Kyla Pratt (One-on-One, Proud Family) has a one-year old daughter. [Source]
– Ex-pornstar, Sasha Grey, read children’s book to elementary students yesterday and parents were not enthused. [Source]
– A 10-year old girl from Mexico gave birth to a baby boy in a 31-week pregnancy. [Source] OH MY GOD.
– A straight rugby player suffers a stroke and goes into a coma – wakes up gay and fabulous! [Source]
I have to warn you – if you get a little squeamish, you just might not want to watch this video as it can make you very uncomfortable.
However, if you’re cool with whatever then enjoy! Yeah Fun!
François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?
Have a little fun with your Monday music!