Oh yeah! Get down to the bottom of this Oprah!
photo cred | The Man Repeller
– Bloggers are making their mark on the world! The Man Repeller’s Leandra Medine will be releasing a new book slated for next year. [Source]
– Pinterest puts their foot down when it comes to thinspiration images on their website. [Source]
– Could H&M be on the verge of launching a luxury brand? [Source]
Justin Bieber – Boyfriend
– The lyrics slay me.
– Britney Spears is joining X Factor y’all! [Source]
– Maroon 5’s new album “Overexposed” will be released in June. [Source]
– A new MGMT record will be released this September! [Source]
– Australian music group, Jet, has decided to part ways. [Source]
– Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros will release their second album together by the end of the year. [Source]
– A Hunger Games vacation. [Source]
– JJ Abrams isn’t letting anyone see Star Trek 2 before it comes out! [Source]
– The Weinstein Company has decided to retaliate against the MPAA and will release the new documentary, “Bully,” as unrated. [Source]
– Direct R.J. Cutler (The September Issue) will direct yet another fashion-based film. [Source]
– We said goodbye to one of my favorite series, Skins. [Source]
– Teen Mom 2 star Jenelle is going under the knife. [Source]
– Mike “The Situation” has checked into rehab for prescription pills and alcohol. [Source]
– 30 Rock will do another live episode next month. [Source]
– Lifetime has pulled a controversial episode of Dance Moms featuring the young girls as little showgirls. [Source]
– Jo Rivera from Teen Mom 2 attempts a rap career. [Source]
– Here’s a first look at AnnaSophia Robb as a young Carrie Bradshaw. [Source]
– Camille Grammer is not returning to The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. [Source]
– ABC Family has picked up the network rights to The Hunger Games – will air in 2014. [Source]
– Jimmy Kimmel will host the Emmy’s! [Source]
– Everyday Music has officially moved across the street. [Source]
– Ballard burger spot, The Counter, has closed. [Source]
– A store I recently discovered while in San Francisco, Bevmo, will open up two locations in Washington in Silverdale and Tacoma. Um…I think they really meant Seattle, but that’s not happening. [Source]
– Seattle Restaurant Week begins April 8th! [Source]
– There is a Vintage Wedding Fair going down this weekend. Swoon swoon swoon. [Source]
– Miami Heat show their support for Trayvon Martin. [Source]
– Jason Russell’s naked meltdown was because of a brief reactive psychosis. [Source]
– Tori Spelling is pregnant again. [Source]
– Kim’s flour shower. [Source]
– Megan Fox has spent $60K + on plastic surgery. [Source] Yikes.
– Hilary Duff gave birth to son Luca last week.
– Khloe Kardashian turns her back on PETA after her sister’s incident. [Source]
– VS Angel Adriana Lima is also pregnant. [Source]
Whenever news is released about Invisible Children, KONY 2012, and Jason Russell these days, I have to usually take a few hours off from blogging before I write something about it. I needed to go into this with a clear head. I mean, if the guy is going for shock value though, then he is hitting it up in ALL the right places. You’ve really got my attention now, Jason. Do your strange behaviors still make me want to join your KONY 2012 army. Hell to the no! But you are providing some fuel to this genocide fire that is making me consider a few other things.
As soon as I heard about the incident this afternoon, I’ll admit, I was quick to judge. Every ounce of credibility that he had put into this project went completely out the window. In the original article from TMZ, I read that he had experienced exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition. Aren’t…these things that would lower your energy levels? I’m no health expert and I don’t want to come off ignorant, but there’s no denying that this is strange behavior. I shared the article on Facebook because no one had broken the news yet and I’m a blogger so that’s what I do. Twitter users were coming up with the cleverest hashtags and jokes; the entire situation was kind of a joke and a little bit unbelievable. A friend of mine who grew up in the same city as Jason and considered him a family friend called the situation “unfortunate” and “sad.” And then…I almost immediately regretted my posting. Jason Russell is not only a guy who was made famous by trying to make some other criminal famous, but he is a guy that has been working towards raising awareness for Invisible Children through the release of his documentary for five years. He’s a husband and a father. And one crazy outburst kind of ruined that for him.
Do I believe Jason Russell can come back from this? Maybe, but it won’t be anytime soon. When the KONY 2012 video came out, it tugged at the heart strings of every social media user. He was someone to look up to…but so was Britney Spears. Remember when she freaked out, shaved her head, and lunged at the paps with an umbrella? Yeah, that was pretty nuts too and some had sympathized with her, but the majority didn’t get over it for some time – years even. She did not, however, take off her clothes, vandalize cars, and did you-know-what in the middle of the street at 11:30AM.
Jason Russell, thank you for bringing us to reality and showing us that you are human too . These things happen. We hope you get well soon because Kony is still out there and we only have until the end of 2012. But seriously, take care of yourself and get the help you need.
For full coverage of the incident, click here.
For some strange video that Jason and the gang made to raise awareness in 2006, watch the video below. Did I mention that this was made in 2006?! They look like an Invisible Children boy band. You ain’t no J-Timberlake.
Bai Bai Jason Russell
Full article here.
And with that, it’s allllllllll over.
Well? Have you seen this video yet? It came out two weeks ago apparently and I’m surprised that it has now just reached the masses.
This film and campaign has shed some light on a very pressing issue that we are all currently faced with and the message that it is sending is even more powerful. Jason Russell has done a phenomenal job at fronting this campaign. The film is exquisite featuring the impact that social media has on us and the power of sharing. I can’t stop thinking about how this film is currently being passed around this evening via Facebook and Twitter and how enlightening it has become to my peers. To see it shared this frequently is really something.
I am extremely proud of my generation for being such proactive leaders. It means a lot knowing that they are leading not for the sake of leading, but for the sole purpose of completely making a difference, leaving a mark, and coming together as one to take down Joseph Kony. This event on April 20th is about to me something extraordinary. And of course, I will definitely be on hand to document it.