HBIC blogger Tavi Gevinson lip-synching to Taylor Swift’s “You Belong With Me” dressed in goth.
Laughter at all ages. [Source]
Gumby will getcha. [Source]
and Secret Girl Language starring Ashley Benson.
You know you’ve reached a new low when Abercrombie & Fitch decides to offer you a lot of money [about six figures] to not wear their clothes because they’re afraid that you are going to give them a bad rep. And that is exactly what the retailer did when they approached Michael “The Situation” Sorrentino.
In a statement that they specifically titled a “Win Win Situation” (really stupid name,) the retailer addresses their concerns with the poor reflection on the brand when The Situation decides to wear their clothing.
“We understand that the show is for entertainment purposes, but believe this association is contrary to the aspirational nature of our brand, and may be distressing to many of our fans,” the statement read.
While the statement was meant for The Situation, Abercrombie & Fitch would like to extend it to the rest of the cast members as well.
In my opinion, I think that the retailer should knock that chip off their shoulder and be a little less pretentious. How does that saying go again? There’s no such thing as bad publicity!
Now I’d like to end this post with a little throwback:
Last year, Mr. Sorrentino gave an interview to New York magazine where he said, “Abercrombie & Fitch, their most popular shirt, they told me, is ‘Fitchuation.’ I mean, where did they get that from? Obviously from myself.”
– Kate Moss has married rocker James Hince wearing a YSL wedding gown. [Source]
– Justice releases the title of the tracks for their new album. [Source]
– Paul McCartney has been named the best live act. [Source]
– Jonathan Rhys Meyers has been hospitalized after a suicide attempt. [Source]
– Macho Man Randy Savage has died from a bad heart. [Source]
– Chris Colfer will star in the indie flick that he wrote himself. [Source]
– Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen launched their new line Stylemint yesterday. [Source]
– Ryan Adams and Mandy Moore have recorded a song together. [Source]
-What if you had $1 million dollars in your bank account? [Source]
– Denise Richards has adopted a little girl. [Source]
– Lenny Kravitz and his cellphone. [Source]
Eight-inch Louboutins that are an emergency room visit waiting to happen. [Source]
– Elle Fanning poses for Marc Jacobs’ new fall 2011 campaign [Source]
– Whatever happened to being just single or in a relationship? Check out these modern-day terms for relationship statuses. [Source]
– Vinny has left the Jersey Shore house in Italy and the show mid-production, but is it for good? [Source]
– A schoolgirl was suspended from school after she dyed her hair to look like her icon Rihanna. [Source]
– Maria Shriver has officially filed for divorce from Arnold Schwarzenegger. [Source]
– Chord Overstreet will not be a Glee regular next season, but Darren Criss and Henry Shum Jr. will be. [Source]
– The divorce between Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson has been finalized. [Source]
– Jamie Bell and Evan Rachel Wood are back on again…sew jealouz. [Source]
– Could the NBA be cancelled next year? [Source]
– The University of Washington has increased their tuition by 20% – its highest increase ever! [Source]
As I was walking through the quad, I crossed paths with a guido resembling Ronnie. At first I wondered where his Sammi was, but after overhearing his snappy phone conversation in passing, I realized that she was on the phone ;)
Watch out boys and girls – the Jersey Shore has passed on Italy and is now making their way to the campus of Seattle University!!
My dear friend Jacqueline summed this experience best with one word: Diversity
A few days ago, Snooki was invited to Rutgers’ campus to give a lecture to the students and was paid $32,000 for the gig. What I would do for a job like that… The reality star gave a talk about the “Jersey Shore lifestyle” with a list of topics that included tanning, GTL, parties, and hairstyles (because it so educational right?) The university, however, has made it clear that this was not an event that they endorsed themselves. Instead, it was coordinated by the entertainment council of Rutgers run entirely by students.
If Snooki were ever a guest speaker on our campus, there is no way I would pass that up.
Ashley Tisdale in Farah Angsana
I haven’t rated looks in forever, but I might just start up again. I give this look a 4.7 because I am loving her resort-esque dress even during the winter time. The blend of chartreuse and pink in the dress help bring out her warm skin tone and are really quite complimentary to the entire look itself. She also gets points for doing the boho look without looking homeless hippy.
I figured that I had better just make a roundup post…
– Nicole Richie and Joel Madden got married this past weekend! No pictures have been released yet, but Nicole did wear 3 gowns – one being a Marchesa custom-made wedding gown for the walk down the aisle. Also, there was an elephant present. Not an elephant in the room, but an actual elephant stomping all over Lionel Richie’s estate where the wedding was held. Paris Hilton was not invited.
– Obligatory qt Elle Fanning gif.
Natalie Portman is on the cover of Vogue’s January 2011 issue and for some reason this cover looks extremely vintage. I’m not diggin’ on the awkward hand placement.
– Anderson Cooper’s new talk show has a name: “Anderson.” NICE. [Source]
– Gwyneth Paltrow will be returning to Glee! [Source]
– 2010 not only brought us the end of highly profiled couples, it also brought us the worst in fashion [here]
– Actor James Franco explains what it was like to witness a male prostitute in action (getting action…pun intended?) so that he could do research for a role. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan is upset that Gwyneth Paltrow made fun of her in Glee. Boo hoo. That’s what you get when you make bad choices Hohan. [Source]
– If Robert Pattinson weren’t an actor, he probably would have tried pursuing his dreams of being a rapper. [Source]
– Leighton Meester will end her run on Gossip Girl in two years when her contract is up. The show will most likely not survive without her. [Source]
– Project Runway is getting a spinoff dedicated to creating accessories on Lifetime. ugh. [Source]
– Jersey Shore’s Jenni “JWoww” Farley is penning an advice book for little aspiring guidettes that want to learn “secrets on landing a mint guy, staying fresh to death, and kicking the competition to the curb.” [Source]
-HBIC of the day Gwyneth Paltrow also got her Hollywood star today. [Source]
– Dexter stars Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are divorcing after two years. [Source]
– Elizabeth Smart’s kidnapper Brian Mitchell was founded guilty today. [Source]
– We took a look at all of the couples that broke up this year. [Source]
Little Snooki will be inside a ball that will drop on New Year’s Eve at midnight in Times Square. All Jersey Shore members will be present at the televised event, but only Snooki will be the one to break the world record. Comedian Whitney Cummings will be hosting while Flo Rida will be performing.
There can only be one Jersey Shore type show on the MTV Networks. MTV was trying to make “Bridge and Tunnel” happen, but the reality show about young people from New York’s Staten Island was way too similar to the original HBIC Jersey Shore. Production started three months ago, but it was only just a couple weeks ago that it was put on hold. The show reportedly was supposed to be on air by this month, but it looks like the show has been cut entirely.
No one can replace Snooki!
– Glee actress Dianna Agron recently tested for the reboot of the new Spiderman starring Andrew Garfield.
– Pacific Coast News reported that they saw Miley Cyrus out last night at Voyeur Nightclub in Hollywood. The club is 21+ and themed around sex. Miley is 17.[Source]
– Jersey Shore’s Snooki was unable to find herself a gorilla juicehead on the most recent season of MTV’s Jersey Shore so the network will be giving Snooks her very own reality dating show. [Source]
– Fashion stylist to the stars Rachel Zoe may possibly be pregnant. If true, this news is coming in at a good time since she recently had a mutual breakup with assistant Brad Goreski and there has not been any word on whether or not her show The Rachel Zoe Project will be renewed. [Source]
– The Power Rangers are returning to the tube with Power Rangers Samurai! The site was recently launched this week and features the characters in the show. They finally cast an Asian actress for the part of the pink ranger and not the yellow ranger. [Source]
– After 13 years, Heidi Klum has decided to hang up her wings from Victoria’s Secret. [Source]
Baby Paris Hilton running away from Nancy Reagan. Oh the good ‘ol days…
– Rick Sanchez has been fired from CNN [Source]
– Kings of Leon will play three US tour dates in Boston, East Rutherford – New Jersey, and New York. [Source]
– The Rocket Summer will be releasing a new EP entitled Of Men and Angels: The B-Sides which will include five tracks that did not make the cut for Of Men and Angels released earlier this year. [Source]
E! host Giuliana and Bill Rancic have opened up about their miscarriage on The View for the first time. [Source]
ABC has already decided to cancel their new series “My Generation” after two episodes. [Source] That sucks… maybe that means Wren can finally come back to Pretty Little Liars.
In Seattle news…
– Cupcake Royale’s new cupcake of the month is pumpkin maple! [Source]
– Mr. Teddy Bear himself, Jorge Garcia, will be making an appearance on the upcoming season of How I Met Your Mother. Jorge is most known for his role as Hugo “Hurley” Reyes on Lost. [Source]
– Lauren Conrad will be returning to MTV for a new reality show. The series will focus on her professional career as opposed to …well… what The Hills was known for. More info will be released next week. [Source]
– Pauly D. will be getting his own spin off from the hit series Jersey Shore. The show will be about what Pauly D. off of the show, which is being a DJ. [Source]
– Florence + The Machine will re-release their debut album “Lungs” on November 15th. The new album will feature the new song “Heavy In Your Arms” also on the new Twilight soundtrack as well as songs from the first album remixed. [Source]
Catfish – a documentary that I happen to find intriguing.
– Chloe Moretz [the little girl from Kick Ass and the sister from 500 Days of Summer] will star in the film adaptation of the comic “Emily The Strange.”
– Nicole Richie and Joel Madden are reportedly getting married this December.
– Actress Hayden Panetierre will portray Amanda Knox in the new Lifetime movie.
– Did you know that Kristen Bell used to date Matthew Morrison AKA Glee’s Will Schuester back in college?
– Taylor Swift’s alma mater high school, Henderson High School, has decided to name their school auditorium after the singer. Taylor only studied there for her freshman and sophomore year of high school. [Source]
…for the ultimate d-bag.