AHHH love Isla Fisher! But also this is a pretty fantastic cast lineup.
AHHH love Isla Fisher! But also this is a pretty fantastic cast lineup.
– Matthew Williamson’s collection for Macy’s is now out and it is packed with beautiful party dresses and prints for the spring/summer. View and purchase the collection here.
– J. Crew will open their first International store in the UK at the end of the summer. [Source]
– Last season, Miu Miu’s appliqued dress made on the cover of nearly every magazine. This season, it is Prada’s entire Spring collection that has earned 48 covers. [Source]
– FOX News makes a huge deal over a J.Crew ad in which creative director Jenna Lyons is painting her son’s toenails pink. [Source]
– Incubus will release their new album “If Not Now, When?” on July 12th. [Source]
– Glenn Beck has been using Metric’s music and Emily Haines is weirded out. [Source]
– Taking Back Sunday’s new self-titled album will be released June 28th. [Source]
– My favorite former boy band member Jeff Timmons of 98 Degrees has decided to join the Chippendales dance crew at the Rio in Las Vegas from May 12 thru June 5. [Source] The little girl inside of me is swooning.
– And in case you haven’t heard yet, Nicki Minaj will be touring with Britney Spears this summer. [Source]
– LCD Soundsystem will be releasing their final show on DVD. [Source]
– Nickelodeon has renewed iCarly for a fifth season. [Source]
– ABC is cancelling All My Children and One Life to Live. [Source]
– AJ Cook is planning her return to Criminal Minds full time again. [Source]
– Cannes has announced their film festival line up. [Source]
– Ellen Page, Jesse Eisenberg, Penelope Cruz, and Alec Baldwin have signed on for Woody Allen’s new film set to be shot in Rome this summer. [Source]
– Monte Carlo starring Selena Gomez, Katie Cassidy, and Leighton Meester with an appearance by Cory Monteith. I don’t think anyone actually believes that all of them are supposed to be just graduated seniors.
– Moe bar will be streaming live coverage from Coachella this weekend for free! Still not the same experience, but it’s the thought that counts. [Source]
– This Saturday is Record Store Day! Tons of record stores in Seattle will be having special events including band signings and special band performances. For the full schedule, check out The Stranger here. Also, a new record store called Spin Cycle is opening TODAY on Broadway at 321 Broadway on Capitol Hill.
– Yogurtland’s opening is tentatively planned for this weekend! [Source]
– A man is auctioning off a jelly bean that looks like it has an imprint of Kate Middleton’s face. [Source]
– NBA has fined Kobe Bryant $100,000 for his offensive slur at a ref. [Source]
– Seann William Scott has checked out of rehab. [Source]
– Catherine Zeta-Jones is currently being treated for bi-polar disorder. [Source]
– Scarlett Johansson has moved in with Sean Penn. [Source]
– Emma Roberts is covering the May issue of Seventeen Magazine. [Source]
– Harry Potter actress Bonnie Wright is engaged to Jamie Campbell Bower. [Source]
– A two-year old boy was given sangria instead of orange juice at a Florida Olive Garden. [Source] rookie mistake
– Learn how to be a jetsetter with Refinery 29’s useful infographic. [Source]
– The world’s oldest man, Walter Breuning has passed away at age 114. [Source] Damn.
Hooray. This is the longest In the News…posting I have ever made.
Natalie Portman in Rodarte
I’m pretty sure it’s impossible to be the worst dressed at the Oscars these days because just about everyone has a stylist. I can’t say anything bad about the gowns worn this year, but obviously there are some I like more than others.
Natalie Portman in Azzaro
There really aren’t enough white dresses on the red carpet ever. This is perfection.
That just happened.
Olivia Wilde in Marchesa
Chocolate brown and gold sequins are the perfect combination for this Golden Globe gown. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen Olivia look this good! I also loved that she wore her hair down with her bangs since we are typically used to seeing it done up.
I didn’t watch the show, but this is what I had gathered.
This dress was designed by Franc Fernandez.
– Model Coco Rocha has become the newest Victoria’s Secret model representing the pink collection. [source] Coco will also be updating their style file blog for British Vogue for July.
Gina Meyers has put out a new book entitled Love at First Bite: The Unofficial Twilight Cookbook. Oh my goodness.
– Oh hey Happy Canada Day!!
– The hit television series of the summer, Pretty Little Liars, has added on 12 more episodes for their season.
– The Hollister store located in the Soho District has been shut down temporarily because of an infestation of bedbugs. Gross. [source]
– Cynthia Rowley will be collaborating on a new diaper design w/ Pampers. [source]
– More proof that MTV’s The Hills is fake? Yes, please. Guess it doesn’t matter anymore now that the show is ending.[source]
– Actor Ruper Grint has been lending his voice to the Harry Potter video games ever since The Order of Phoenix and has been contributing since. [source]
– An all-star cast is brewing for both Scream 4 and The Social Network.
Scream 4 has cast: Neve Campbell, Courtney Cox, Emma Roberts, Hayden Panettiere, Adam Brody, Rory Culkin, David Arquette, and Marley Shelton
The Social Network includes: Jesse Eisenberg, Justin Timberlake, Rashida Jones, Andrew Garfield, Trent Reznor, and Brenda Song.
– Rachel Dratch is preggers!
– Actress Jane Lynch will play the role of Sam’s [Jennette McCurdy] mother in the Nickelodeon series iCarly.
– Maroon 5 has released the CD cover artwork of their new album Hands All Over. It is potentially nsfw so you can check it out here
– Kelly Bensimon is struggling to stay relevant. She plans to release a work out video.
– The broken up Bachelor couple Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi have been offered to pose in both Playgirl and Playboy magazine respectively. Word on the street is that Vienna will have the cover in the near future and explains that it’s really for the money. No shameeee. [Source]
– Charlize Theron has made an appearance in Brandon Flowers’ new music video for his solo single “Crossfire.”
– Tori Spelling’s husband Dean McDermott has been put into intensive care today after a motorcycle accident. He has a collapsed lung. [source]
Crystal Renn was known for being basically a spokes model for full size figured models. A recent shoot w/ photographer Nicholas Routzen is now shedding a different light on Crystal – one that might make her seem almost unrecognizable.
– Who’s getting married on July 10th, 2010?
– Camille Donatacci has filed for divorce from her husband Kelsey Grammer. Awww Fraiser!
Daily dose of cuteness courtesy of PeoplePets
– Lily Allen will be doing the music for the Bridget Jone’s Diary Musical. [Source]
In silly rules and laws…
– The French Parliament has just approved a law in which calling your spouse a foul name will earn you up to three years in jail and a $93,000 fine. They are calling this type of verbal abuse a psychological offense or criminal offense if you will. [source]
– Anthony Williams, a senator from Philadelphia, has decided to blame the plain white tee for gang violence and street gangs. He believes the elimination of huge white t-shirts will “decrease the power of street gangs” who prefer to hang out on street corners.
“During these tough economic times, we have to set our priorities and be a role model for the country. These children are looking for us to stand up for them, and we have to turn this ‘white-T culture’ in a different direction.”
Hey, sir, the white tee is a common staple for everyone. It’s efficient, fashionable [even in tall tee form] classic, and inexpensive. Next you’re going to tell us that we can’t wear blue denim.