Alessandra Ambrosio in Roberto Cavalli with Kourtney Kardashian in Raoul
There were way too many celebrities at the viewing and after parties that I just had to make a whole separate post for them.
On an important related note, this HelloGiggles post about why people shouldn’t be okay with Chris Brown performing at the Grammy’s is quite insightful. I’ve had a similar opinion for awhile, but usually when I talk about that I make jabs at his performance and the more obvious scandal. This writer, however, has got some pretty solid facts and it is worth reading. And not to start something controversial, but the reason why that HelloGiggles post is mentioned on Yow Yow is so we can avoid things like this. It’s important for all of us to remember that there’s a border between a play on words or a play off pop culture, but this is not one of those times. It’s not cute anymore especially when it involves Chris Brown. Typing things like this out as a tweet is not the same as feeling the same way or wanting to be in that situation. Not being able to tell the difference between these things frightens me and makes me fear for the safety of other young women that have this notion in their head that it is okay to say these things.
– Kate Moss is the new face for Mango! [Source]
– The nominees for the 2012 Bloglovin’ Awards have been revealed. [Source]
– Alexa Chung will take on the role as creative director for Superga’s next campaign. [Source]
– Celine will not be showing at Fashion Week this year because Phoebe Philo is taking time off for her pregnancy. [Source]
– Victoria’s Secret is launching their new high-end lingerie line, “The Victoria’s Secret Designer Collection.” Some pieces were even featured in last year’s fashion show. [Source]
– Karl Lagerfeld’s capsule collection will debut tomorrow on Net-A-Porter. [Source]
– Prefix reveals their list of 100 Most Anticipated Albums for 2012! [Source]
– Katy Perry has launched a line of false eyelashes. [Source]
– iHeartRadio has chosen 14 colleges to represent their sponsored stations. Seattle is not on the list. [Source]
– 2012 exhibits at the EMP will include AC/DC and Jimi Hendrix. [Source]
– Jimmy Fallon is caught in a strange lawsuit involving female domination on his set. [Source]
– Summer Glau will join the cast of Grey’s Anatomy. [Source]
– ABC has ordered a pilot to reboot Beauty and the Beast. [Source]
– 2011 Sound Off! winners Tomten has just been signed to Flat Field Records. [Source]
– Everyone can breathe easy now – Everyday Music will be moving across the street in March where the Diamond Parking Service Garage currently lives. [Source]
– Sea-Tac Airport is partnering with PlayNetwork and the Seattle Music Commission to bring travelers in-terminal music. [Source]
– If you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon for Facebook’s new Timeline format, you better act soon or else Facebook will do it FOR you. [Source]
– Demi Lovato has checked into rehab once again reportedly for addictions to alcohol, drugs, and cocaine use. Get well soon Demi :( [Source]
– Demi Moore has also been rushed to the hospital earlier today for substance abuse. [Source]
– Paula Deen’s publicist has quit! [Source]
– Four couples in London broke the record for the world’s longest hug. Awwww! [Source]
– Vimeo is on the verge of relaunching their new website and some pretty snazzy features. [Source]
-The Kids Are All Right actress Mia Wasikowska is the new face of Miu Miu and featured in their latest campaign. [Source]
– Paul & Joe’s new beauty campaign is all about cats! [Source]
– Whitney Port will have her first runway show at New York Fashion Week. [Source]
-Viva Model Management has signed Lykke Li. [Source]
– Kristen Stewart is the new face for Balenciaga Fragrance. [Source]
-Lana Del Rey covers Billboard. Have you heard of her yet? Dis girl be blowing up! [Source]
-Tavi gets even more cooler; featured in a Wilco music video. [Source]
-Lil Wayne will publish a memoir about his days in prison. [Source]
– Katy Perry’s parents try to play matchmaker and want to set her up with Tim Tebow. [Source]
– WELP! Coachella sold out in three hours for both weekends. [Source]
– Emma Roberts has pulled out of Spring Breakers due to a conflict in creative differences. The movies stars Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, and James Franco. [Source]
– Kim Kardashian will host Live With Kelly! on Jan. 23rd. [Source]
– MTV’s Teen Mom 2 star Leah Messer is expecting twins again. [Source] Oh what’s up Kate Gosslin 2.0
– Zooey Deschanel and Channing Tatum will host Saturday Night Live. [Source]
-ABC’s “Work It” about two men cross dressing to find work was cancelled after two episodes. [Source]
– Congratulations to former Coffee Haus performers Champagne Champagne! The hip-hop trio will open for Wu-Tang Clan on their Seattle date. [Source]
– Philadelphia is the most depressing city to live in, and unfortunately, Seattle is in the top 5. [Source]
– Homegrown’s Turkey + Bacon + Avocado Sandwich is their best selling sandwich for 33 months! [Source] This is actually my favorite and I can vouch for it. If you haven’t tried it yet, you must!
– Michelle Obama is officially on Twitter. [Source]
– Nevermind Sinhead ‘O Connor ends marriage again. [Source]
– The dessert for the Golden Globes will have gold flakes dusted on top of it! [Source]
– A first look at the Jason Wu for Target campaign! The collection debuts February 5, 2012. Is anyone else as excited as I am?! [Source]
– Vera Wang will hit the ice and show off her skills on April 2nd as an honored guest by Figure Skating in Harlem. [Source]
– Indie singer Lana Del Rey has scored a modeling contract. [Source]
– The Black Keys cover the Rolling Stones’ newest issue. [Source]
– The Killers will release a new album in 2012. I still just love Hot Fuss. [Source]
– The Kardashians are hoping to launch a tabloid – just won’t quit building themselves up. [Source]
– Tim Gunn receives a daytime talk show. [Source]
– Contestants for Celebrity Apprentice have been revealed. Clay Aiken! [Source]
– Twilight will become a Broadway musical for one night on January 16. Proceeds from the event will go directly to charity Blessings in a Backpack. [Source]
– Apparently, the QFC on Broadway skipped three months ahead to Easter even passing on Valentine’s Day. [Source]
– Christine Gregoire will introduce a new bill to legalize gay marriage in Washington state. [Source]
– Michelle Bachman has officially ended her presidential bid. [Source]
– Rumored Britney Spears is shopping for a wedding dress in the direction of Betsey Johnson or Jeremy Scott. It looks like our pop princess is spicing things up by opting out of the traditional gowns that would have been made by Vera Wang. [Source]
– Nick Cannon was hospitalized after suffering from mild kidney failure. [Source]
– Zooey Deschanel has officially filed for divorce from Ben Gibbard…is also a savvy spender according to TMZ. [Source]
– Sinhead O’Connor has called off her divorce after a night of passionate lovemaking with her husband. The divorce was filed after 16 days of marriage. So…Kim Kardashian wins again? [Source]
– Emma Roberts is deferring her college experience at Sarah Lawrence in Bronxville, New York due to her work commitments and budding romance with Glee star, Chord Overstreet. [Source]
– Russell Brand and Katy Perry did not have a prenup. He could end up making $20 million off of her. [Source]
– James Franco has sold his first novel to Amazon Publishing. [Source]
Russell Brand has officially filed for divorce from pop singer Katy Perry. Rumors have been swirling about their failed marriage in the last couple of weeks especially when the two did not spend the holidays together and were seen without their wedding rings. The two were married in October of 2010, but Brand filed for divorce today in Los Angeles citing “irreconcilable differences.”
It’s sad news sure, but I am not crying over it like some people are on Twitter…courtesy of Buzzfeed.
Pink highlights or honey blonde, this look works for Katy Perry! I love that she has since toned it down in her hair, makeup and outfits at appearances. Less is most definitely more in this case. This lovely bob is such a great look for her that for a second I debated getting the same hair style. What do you guys think? Do you prefer this simple look or her outlandish ways?
Taylor Swift was the woman of the evening last night taking home three American Music Awards including the coveted Artist of the Year. She wore a Reem Acra gown that was stunning, but why do I feel like I’ve seen her wear this gown three times before? Regardless, I think she’s great and I totally had a fan girl moment last night when she won her awards and appeared on 60 Minutes.
– This isn’t over yet?!
– Who are these Pre-VMA show hosts? So uncomfortably awkward. Please just bring back Suchin Pak and Tim Kash.
– Foster the People and Young the Giant, please gtfo MTV before the network eats you alive and makes you mainstream. Oh wait…
– Oh Gabe Saporta…I’ve still got a crush on you.
– Lady Gaga in the opening of the VMA’s. The look on Britney Spears, Adele and Justin Bieber’s face…priceless. Were her antics a little too much tonight?
– Congratulations Beyonce and Jay-Z who are expecting! One blog already think this might be a publicity stunt.
– I love Jay-Z.
– Miley, I don’t like your dress.
– Katy Perry – Too soon for that Kanye-Swift joke?
– Chachi Gonzales, I see you dancing in the Britney Spears tribute! How adorable were those little girls dancing in it?
– I loved Beyonce’s performance!
Favorite performances of the night:
– Perez Hilton calls Chris Brown out for his completely lip-synched performance. Whatever – everyone was thinking it! [Source]
– Jay-Z also did not clap for Chris Brown probably because he’s the one that discovered Rihanna. Way to go Jay – bit also, did anyone even understand that performance?
– For some reason, I wasn’t really feeling Jessie J tonight as the house band.
– Katie Holmes presenting video of the year…that’s random.
– The VMA’s didn’t have a host this year, but I think we saw way too much of Lady Gaga or her male counterpart. It almost got to the point of being too obnoxious for me and I think the organization of her presenting the award to Britney Spears was a little weird because her tribute was cut short when they both had to introduce Beyonce. There could have been a commercial break in there because Gaga awkwardly stole Britney’s thunder.
– Justin Bieber ruining my favorite childhood television show. [Source]
– Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen prepare to launch their new t-shirt collection StyleMint with a video here
– Writer Marianne Power wrote about her experience of going to work for a month without looking in the mirror. The end result? Less anxiety over what she wore, more compliments, and more self-confidence! [Source]
– Marilyn Monroe’s iconic “subway dress” has been auctioned off for a whopping $5.52 million. [Source]
– Glee’s current class will graduate in 2012 and a new batch will roll in! [Source]
– Nicole Richie practicing her moves for Britney’s concert last night. She may be a better dancer than the queen herself…just sayin.
– Jackass star Ryan Dunn was killed in a car accident due to blunt and thermal trauma. [Source]
– Katy Perry’s “Firework” is this generation’s anti-gay anthem. [Source]
– This actor (51) from Green Mile – I swear I’ve never heard of him – married this sixteen year old girl from Washington who was in the running for Miss Teen Washington last year. Barf. [Source]
– I just found out yesterday that my favorite thrift store on the hill – Atlas – is moving to Fremont. Now I have no proof to show my friends how hipster I have become over the past few years.
– InStyle Magazine is trying something new by producing a scratch-and-sniff July issue with five notable scents to remind you of summer. (I thought this was what the perfume ads were for.) [Source]
– Gawker breaks the stereotype by bringing you a photo essay of what gay men really look like. [Source]
– Miss Hailee Steinfeld is officially the new face of Miu Miu. [Source]
– Justin Bieber is launching a fragrance for his fans called “Someday.” [Source]
– People sometimes forget that riders exist for bands and musicians. Fulfilling Katy Perry’s sounds a little bit like a nightmare. [Source]
– Selena Gomez’s new album cover is somewhat questionable. [Source]
– Lady Gaga and Starbucks are collaborating on a scavenger hunt together! (Not sure what this means because I’m too lazy to read all the text and this is also the most random pairing ever, but here you go!) [Source]
– Friendly Fires released their new album “Pala” yesterday. [Source]
– Lady Gaga was named Forbes’ top celebrity. [Source]
– Glee’s Matthew Morrison will join The Backstreet Boys and The New Kids on the Block on their tour this summer. [Source]
– Kat Dennings makes her return to television in her new CBS comedy 2 Broke Girls. [Source]
– The judges from the current season of NBC’s The Voice will return for season two. [Source]
– Saturday Night Live promo Justin Timberlake
– Who’s getting excited for the return of Pretty Little Liars?! Summer TELEVISION, you are mine.
– This Saturday is Seattle University’s Quadstock, but as I’m sure you already know… it is for students only! Lucky us!
– Since you can’t make it to Quadstock, you should head on over to Cal Anderson for the first ever four-on-four dodge ball tournament. Sounds brutal. [Source]
oh Capitol Hill Seattle – you really are one of my favorite blogs!
– Model Lily Aldridge married Kings of Leon front man Caleb Followill last week in a custom-made Vera Wang wedding gown. [Source]
– Vogue Editor-in-Chief’ Anna Wintour’s daughter Bee Shaffer has fled to LA to work alongside Glee’s head honcho Ryan Murphy. While Bee is not working with Glee specifically, she is assisting him with his many projects that may or may not include Glee’s 3-d movie. [Source]
– Essie’s Summer 2011 Brazilliant collection is on my must-have list. [Source]
– James Franco has graduated from New York University. Which school will he end up at next? Correct answer – University of Houston in the fall. [Source]
– Arnold Schwarzenegger’s son Patrick is trying to drop his father’s name to take his mother’s. [Source]
– Kia Grasty describes what it is like to clean up after “privileged” college students who are the sons and daughters of well-known people in the industry for a living with a $140,000 salary. [Source]
– A Hello Kitty theme park will debut in China in 2014. OH MY GOODNESS! [Source]