Though I’ve never read the book, I’ve been hearing about this film for months and I’m really excited for it because Kaya Scodelario and Dylan O’Brien are in it.
We’ve been waiting for Skins to return for some time now and now it’s finally here! It looks like Effy will be the first character to be featured in the first episode.
Effy (Kaya Scodelario) has a dead end job as a receptionist for a leading London Hedge Fund. But as she stumbles across crucial financial information relating to a troubled deal and embarks on an affair with her wealthy boss, she finds out that she has bitten off more than she can chew. Her flatmate Naomi (Lily Loveless) tries to stop Effy from ruining her life, but Effy cannot be reached; until tragedy strikes.
It’s baaaaaaack! When I was younger and watching the series, I could never watch Skins just straight from my television. I had to get creative. In fact – I was so creative that I can’t even remember how I watched the series now, but I’m going to have to say that I probably streamed it online. From somewhere…the unknown if you will. I wouldn’t take it back for anything though because Skins was my absolute favorite series and even though Effy was a little cray, I aspired to be her. Who didn’t? She was the manic pixie dream girl that everyone wanted to be. The Skins series 5 and 6 were kind of a hot mess and let’s not even get started on the MTV American version so I am thrilled that they are bringing back the originals. In Season 7, all of our favorites will be returning including Kaya Scodelario (Effy), Jack O’Connell (Cook), Hannah Murray (Cassie), Lily Loveless (Naomi), and Kat Prescott (Emily).
I couldn’t be more excited.
Starring Skins star Kaya Scodelario and Jessica Biel
A troubled girl (Emanuel) becomes preoccupied with her mysterious new neighbor (Linda), who bears a striking resemblance to her dead mother. In offering to baby-sit Linda’s newborn, Emanuel unwittingly enters a fragile, fictional world, of which she becomes the gatekeeper.
How indie! Kaya’s accent is incredibly good. I would watch this movie solely for her performance.
On June 24, 2011 I reported that Dakota Fanning and Kaya Scodelario would be starring alongside each other in a new film called “Now Is Good.” The trailer is finally out! The synopsis doesn’t exactly seem like anything we haven’t seen before, but Dakota is a phenomenal actress so there’s no doubting she won’t slay. The trailer didn’t show much of Scodelario, but I hope there’s more of a presence from her too.
What do these two HBIC have in common?
– The HBIC [original Effy] Kaya Scodelario tweeted about America’s version of Skins. [Source]
– Skins Series 5 (UK) will include the most graphic sex scene the television series has ever seen. [Source]
– Taco Bell has pulled its ads from the MTV series. [Source]
– Parents.org calls Skins out for being inappropriate child stuff. [Source] It is not
– Skins actress Sofia Black D’elia defends the series. [Source]
Skins received a great deal of attention this past week through the media and from the premiere of their first episode. Those that had never seen Skins before may have been shocked, but those who had seen the UK version probably did nothing more than shrug their shoulders.
The series was meant to be controversial and racy show. That was the way that it was intended. There was no doubt in my mind that parents would be in a frenzy after the show premiered. There is a solution for all of this, you know… um don’t let your kids watch it. I get it. Parents are worried that their hormonal teenagers will be inspired by the show and act out, but everyone in the UK has been just fine – for the most part! Television is television and if people can’t distinguish between acting and reality…well there are therapists for that. I think the real reason why parents are upset is because they may be in denial. Your kids may or may not be participating in some of the acts on the show, but somewhere out there a parent’s teenager definitely is.
The creators of the series have been honest from the start. They’ve given everyone fair warning from their ads to their promos, to the disclosure at the beginning of the series. At some point, you’re just going to have to let things be and accept it. If the show is not for you, then turn the channel.
On another note, I’d like to discuss my thought about the first episode.
It mirrored the first episode in the UK series pretty well. It was funny, witty, charming, but I cannot wait for them to diverge from the original story line. Like Kaya, I also wish that Eura (Effy) looked like Effy. The Eura they picked probably should’ve been cast as Katie (Cassie). Was that confusing? The music selected for the show – fantastic. I’m glad they are keeping in line with the original. For some reason when I watch this new cast, I imagine them with accents because I just can’t wrap my head around the fact that they actually have an American version of this show. All in all, I’m pretty excited over it, but more so for UK series 5. I think people are overreacting over the show though because there hasn’t been nudity shown and most swear words have been blocked out. You think this is scandalous? Try watching the UK verison, it makes MTV’s take on it look like Full House.
– LeAnn “Homewrecker” Rimes is apparently engaged to Eddie Cibrian. [Source]
– Former Bachelorette contestant Julian Hug was found dead Wednesday along a Southern California Highway in San Diego. [Source]
This guy loves Pokemon. Don’t mess. Language totally NSFW.
– Joseph Gordon-Levitt is doing a college tour to promote his new project RE:Acting & RECording.
The dates are: UCLA – Nov 8, UPenn – Nov 17, Columbia – Nov 19, NYU – Nov 20, and USC – Nov 22. [Source]
– Christina Aguilera is back in the studio recording a new album after the failure that was “Bionic.” The new album is inspired by her sophomore album “Stripped.” Oh geez, please don’t let there be another “Dirrty.” [Source]
– Jennifer Aniston playing the same character [as always] in the new film “Just Go With It” with Adam Sandler.
Actress Anna Kendrick is in the new LCD Soundsystem video for their single “Pow Pow.” Maybe you’ll see it make the Song of the Day in just a few days.
– A mother of four has been hit with a $1.5 million fine for illegally downloading 24 songs. She should have bought from iTunes. OWNED. [Source]
– Nick Lachey and Vanessa Manillo have gotten engaged after four years of dating. [Source]
Actor Mark Wahlberg collaborated with Microsoft the other day to deliver the Kinect for XBox 360 system to thousands of Boys and Girls Clubs across the country. [Source]
My favorite Skins’ actress Kaya Scodelario became visibly distressed earlier this week when out of nowhere, a man in his 4o’s attacked her boyfriend by punching him in the stomach. Her boyfriend Elliott Tittensor had just left court where he was guiltily charged for running over an 18-year-old boy who had refused to get out of the way of his car. [Source]
Real World alum Sean Duffy has been elected to Congress. He is now…officially the most successful Real World alum ever. [Source]
– Demi Lovato entered rehab earlier this week emotional and physical treatment NOT for drug or alcohol related issues. No one really knows why. [Source] Another Disney star bites the dust! Selena Gomez is the only one who will last.
– The band Garbage are recording a new album. [Source]
– Oprah will sit down with Katherine Jackson and Michael Jackons’ kids, in an exclusive interview set to air November 8th. [Source]
– Shia Labeouf will direct a new short film by Kid Cudi entitled, “Maniac.” [Source]
– Leighton Meester will be the face of Vera Wang’s new scent. [Source]
– Scientists actually try to create a real life invisibility cloak. [Source]
The art of design and an organized, but chaotic summer.
Gorgeous photo shoot… Effy is my Skins favorite!! I need the third season bad.
It’s hard for me to embed pictures, but you can view the rest and the article here