Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
Rose Byrne in Elie Saab Couture
I was actually impressed by most of the looks I saw on the red carpet this year at the 2012 SAG Awards -more so than the Golden Globes. Rose Byrne, Michelle Williams, Emma Stone were some of my favorites! I absolutely loved how Rose Byrne opted for a jumpsuit instead of a gown. It’s a risky choice, but the actress pulled it off. Also, her haircut is adorable with the look.
Charlize Theron in Dior completely gets Yow Yow’s stamp of approval for being the best dressed on the red carpet last night. There was a whole lot of cream and ivory, but gosh the simplicity and elegance of this gown made me melt. The headband was also what sealed the deal for me.
Camilla Belle and Emma Hill both with Mulberry bags
It’s been exactly a week since Coachella blew all of us away whether we were at the festival or not. Although I was unable to attend the festival, YouTube did a pretty great job providing me with live streaming performances throughout the entire weekend! Watching sets from both Kanye and Jack’s Mannequin from my laptop Sunday evening was the best treat I could have given to myself.
Even though it’s been a week, Coachella is still alive in our hearts and minds as we enter peak music festival season! I couldn’t give it a proper farewell without posting a fashion roundup of the best festival looks from last weekend. Hello inspiration for Capitol Hill Block Party…
Nicole Richie w/ a Mulberry bag
Olivia Wilde in Marchesa
Chocolate brown and gold sequins are the perfect combination for this Golden Globe gown. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen Olivia look this good! I also loved that she wore her hair down with her bangs since we are typically used to seeing it done up.
– Project Runway will start up again on Lifetime beginning July 29th with just a couple of changes. Each episode will now run 90-minutes long and the “Bluefly Accessories Wall” will be replaced by the “Piperlime Accessories Wall”
– Congratulations Jenna Lyons on becoming the new President of J. Crew!
– Carey Mulligan will be on the cover of the October issue of Vogue while Halle Berry receives the coveted September issue cover.
– Last night Glee star Amber Riley sang the National Anthem at the All-Star Game. [Source]
– Victoria’s Secret Angel model Doutzen Kroes is three months pregnant w/ her first child. The father is her boyfriend DJ Sunnery James.
– Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem tied the knot secretly earlier this month.
– Craig Ferguson and wife Megan Cunningham-Wallace are expecting. He announced this via Twitter.
– Actress Keke Palmer graduated high school one year early and plans to attend Howard University in the future.
– Taylor Momsen is the face of Material Girl, a line launched by Madonna and her daughter Lourdes.
– Lindsay Lohan has claimed that she will “kill herself before she goes to jail.” [source]
– Kelly Osbourne has broken things off w/ her fiance Luke Worrall after discovering his unfaithfulness. [source]
– Cheryl Cole is recovering from from her Malaria, but has banned her Girls Aloud bandmates from visiting her in the hospital. [source]
– Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston are engaged and decided to hide it from Sarah Palin, but went to the press first. Hmm…
– Urban Outfitters launched a new jewelry collection today with designers that include: Archive, Erika Pena, BJ by Jules, Calourette, Dara Ettinger, Lizzie Fortunato Jewels, Species by the Thousands and Sabrina Dehoff. Check out the goods here
– Joan Ginter, a math professor from Texas has won the lottery four times. The chances of this happening are one in 18 septillion. 18 septillion is 18 with 24 zeroes behind it! She didn’t win small amounts of money either. “Ginther won $11 million in 1993, $2 million in 2006, $3 million in 2008 and $10 million last month.” She is one lucky lady… today she resides in Las Vegas! Can’t think of a better place for her to live than there. [source]
– Spencer Pratt attempted disguise himself in order to sneak into The Hills series finale event last night in Los Angeles. He would have definitely added an extra kick to the after-show had they actually let him in.
– Stella McCartney will design uniforms for the British athletes competing in the London 2012 Olympics after being named the creative director. [source]
In case you missed it, everyone hates Mel Gibson! This sign was spotted outside a gym in New Jersey.
In Capitol Hill news…
– Octo Sushi on 12th Ave [in the old Crave space] and Genki Sushi in the new Broadway Building are now open!
– So is Homegrown Sandwiches, my favorite organic, sandwich shop located in the Melrose Market.
– This Thursday, the Silver Cloud Inn will be debuting their new restaurant Jimmy’s on Broadway, which will be sort of like “a sports focused classy place that caters to the stadium crowd.” [Source]
– Awhile ago, I tried to make a visit to the local Jamba Juice at 1303 Madison when I discovered it was no longer there. I was sure that there had been a Jamba Juice there, but maybe I missed it by a block? Supposedly, it had been shut down unexpectedly. Now, Crêpan Crepe World, a Japanese-style crepe restaurant is moving in.