In the same week, I read about the show’s reviews and was recommended to watch it by my co-worker who was only watching it because his wife was. I didn’t know much about the synopsis, but I knew Shiri Appleby was starring in it and I’ve loved her ever since Roswell (and of course her character in Girls.) Basically, it’s a fictional show that centers around characters that produce and run a reality dating series. Think The Bachelor or The Bachelorette, but learning more about the people that pull the strings behind the scenes. At first, I felt a little silly watching it, but when you notice the parallels and since I’m currently watching The Bachelorette this season, it’s all pretty interesting. The show has been doing extremely well and it’s also on Lifetime which you wouldn’t think it would be. In some ways, I feel like it belongs on USA or something. The trailer above doesn’t do it justice, but take my word for it – I watched seven episodes in a row today while working.
So I’m probably the last person to watch this music video and before the other day, I didn’t really have any interest in it because while I love Sia – Chandelier just isn’t my favorite song. It was brought to my attention the other day though because I learned that Maddie Ziegler is the star of the entire thing and she was my favorite child on that horrible show “Dance Moms.” Yes, it’s horrible and I’ve watched countless seasons, but these kids are too precious. I’m mostly watching for them and not the moms. Maddie is incredibly talented. It’s kind of amazing that she landed a gig that was so mainstream and is probably going to launch her career further. I’m sure there was totally a plot/story line about this on the show where the moms were all jeal. That seems to always happen.
Did anyone catch Aaliyah’s biopic this evening on Lifetime? I wasn’t planning on watching it, but since it was airing when I was looking for something on tv, I decided to tune in. I actually was much more impressed with it than I thought I would be and I thought Alexandra Shipp did a pretty good job in her role which no doubt were big shoes to fill. I know prior to this movie, there was so much debate and controversy over it mostly because I think her family hadn’t wanted this movie to be made and criticism that whoever filled the role could not do Aaliyah justice. I believe that’s one of the reasons why Disney actress Zendaya Coleman had backed out. When her first album “Age Ain’t Nothing But A Number” came out, I was a toddler and yes, I still remember singing in the car to “Back and Forth” while riding with my parents. Aaliyah was kind of like my hip hop role model as a kid and I remember both my brother and I were pretty devestated when we found out about her death. It was interesting to watch the movie and get a different glimpse into her life – one that I didn’t know about like her weird little marriage to R. Kelly and getting that annuled or even the details behind her plane crash death. In honor of our girl Aaliyah and watching this biopic tonight, we’re dedicating tonight’s Song of the Day to one of my favorite songs “If Your Girl Only Knew.” I wish the rest of her songs were on Spotify.
While I liked parts of this movie, I still am not forgetting that it came from Lifetime and VH1 wrote this article about some of the things they missed in the film that were crucial.
- Definitely not Lindsay Lohan’s performance in Liz and Dick last night. Yikes. Those reviews are awful.
- Tyra Banks bringing back the Life-Size sequel! I absolutely adored that movie. Will Lindsay Lohan reprise her role?! That would probably make a better comeback for her. [Source]
- It’s happening. The Boy Meets World spin-off is complete because Adult Cory and Topanga are coming back as parents to a young Riley! [Source]
- Chris Brown will never catch a break nor do we believe that he deserves one. Just sayin’ [Source]
photo cred | The Man Repeller
– Bloggers are making their mark on the world! The Man Repeller’s Leandra Medine will be releasing a new book slated for next year. [Source]
– Pinterest puts their foot down when it comes to thinspiration images on their website. [Source]
– Could H&M be on the verge of launching a luxury brand? [Source]
Justin Bieber – Boyfriend
– The lyrics slay me.
– Britney Spears is joining X Factor y’all! [Source]
– Maroon 5’s new album “Overexposed” will be released in June. [Source]
– A new MGMT record will be released this September! [Source]
– Australian music group, Jet, has decided to part ways. [Source]
– Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros will release their second album together by the end of the year. [Source]
– A Hunger Games vacation. [Source]
– JJ Abrams isn’t letting anyone see Star Trek 2 before it comes out! [Source]
– The Weinstein Company has decided to retaliate against the MPAA and will release the new documentary, “Bully,” as unrated. [Source]
– Direct R.J. Cutler (The September Issue) will direct yet another fashion-based film. [Source]
– We said goodbye to one of my favorite series, Skins. [Source]
– Teen Mom 2 star Jenelle is going under the knife. [Source]
– Mike “The Situation” has checked into rehab for prescription pills and alcohol. [Source]
– 30 Rock will do another live episode next month. [Source]
– Lifetime has pulled a controversial episode of Dance Moms featuring the young girls as little showgirls. [Source]
– Jo Rivera from Teen Mom 2 attempts a rap career. [Source]
– Here’s a first look at AnnaSophia Robb as a young Carrie Bradshaw. [Source]
– Camille Grammer is not returning to The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. [Source]
– ABC Family has picked up the network rights to The Hunger Games – will air in 2014. [Source]
– Jimmy Kimmel will host the Emmy’s! [Source]
– Everyday Music has officially moved across the street. [Source]
– Ballard burger spot, The Counter, has closed. [Source]
– A store I recently discovered while in San Francisco, Bevmo, will open up two locations in Washington in Silverdale and Tacoma. Um…I think they really meant Seattle, but that’s not happening. [Source]
– Seattle Restaurant Week begins April 8th! [Source]
– There is a Vintage Wedding Fair going down this weekend. Swoon swoon swoon. [Source]
– Miami Heat show their support for Trayvon Martin. [Source]
– Jason Russell’s naked meltdown was because of a brief reactive psychosis. [Source]
– Tori Spelling is pregnant again. [Source]
– Kim’s flour shower. [Source]
– Megan Fox has spent $60K + on plastic surgery. [Source] Yikes.
– Hilary Duff gave birth to son Luca last week.
– Khloe Kardashian turns her back on PETA after her sister’s incident. [Source]
– VS Angel Adriana Lima is also pregnant. [Source]
– Supermodel Agyness Deyn came forward earlier this week to announce that she is 29-years old, which is six years older than the age stated on her CV. [Source]
– Stefano Pilati has “left the YSL building.” Pilati has been the creative director over at YSL since 2004. [Source]
– Bethany Cosentino of Best Coast is designing a line for Urban Outfitters. [Source]
– Glee’s Idina Menzel will be going on tour. [Source]
– Warner Music has launched a YouTube channel. [Source]
– Despicable Me 2 teaser trailer
– Emma Watson will star in Sofia Coppola’s new film titled, “The Bling Ring” about a group of fashion-obsessed teenagers who break into the homes of celebrities and eventually get caught. It’s inspired by a true story…and Lifetime already did it…last year. [Source]
– Lindsay will make her 239479th comeback this weekend when she hosts Saturday Night Live.
– Jennifer Love Hewitt turned her Lifetime movie, The Client List into Lifetime television series, The Client List. [Source]
– Bristol Palin is getting a docuseries on Lifetime. “This show will reveal the real Bristol Palin and her journey as a daughter, a mother and a young woman making her way in the world.” Um…what?!
– Meet the newest contestants for Dancing With the Stars. [Source]
– Casting has begun for the new CW Sex and the City prequel pilot, The Carrie Diaries, and it looks like AnnaSophia Robb will play a young Carrie. [Source]
– Oprah Winfrey will interview the late Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown’s daughter Bobbi Kristina exclusively, which will air on Sunday, March 11th at 9PM on OWN. [Source]
– Top Pot Doughnuts are headed to Bellevue Square. [Source]
– Capitol Hill’s Molly Moon’s is taking over the old Flora & Henri shop to create a Willy Wonka-esque “kitchen on display” that will highlight their specialty ice cream and signature cones being made. The space is set to open in the summer. [Source]
– Skillet will call the Seattle Center home. [Source]
– EMP’s Sound Off! finals are tomorrow night and we’ve got a Seattle University band in the running: Feet. Check out the rest of the acts here. I like these guys a lot!
– Jan Berenstain passed away this week at 88. This one was my favorite because I went through a phase as a kid where I loved seeing pictures of illustrated food/candy. I kid you not, another one of my favorite books was a children’s book on the affects of diabetes.
– Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose are now engaged! The couple have been dating for over a year. [Source]
– Ke$ha turned 25 and Justin Bieber turned 18 this week.
– US Weekly shows the evolution of Lindsay Lohan’s face and it ain’t pretty. [Source]
– Lea Michele and Cory Monteith – romantically involved? US Weekly believes so. [Source]
– Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner have announced the birth of their newborn son, Samuel Garner Affleck. [Source]
– …and Snooki is preggers. [Source]
– Lamar Odom has been dropped by the Dallas Mavericks and has been sent down to the NBA Development League. OH NO!! POOR LAM LAM 🙁 [Source]
– Actress Kaley Cuoco has called off her engagement to Josh Resnik. [Source]
– Natalie Portman had a secret wedding and is already married to Benjamin Millipied. [Source]
Because I totally watched this tonight and it was so bad, but so good.
You know how that is.
Lifetime would air the “Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial” Lifetime original movie the same night that Amanda Knox arrives back home to Seattle.
– Ricky Martin and Nicki Minaj will be the new spokespeople for MAC Viva Glam in 2012. [Source]
– Alexa Chung will host a new fashion reality television show on Lifetime similar to Project Runway, but with a new batch of contestants in each episode. [Source]
– Karl Lagerfeld is collaborating w/ Macy’s this fall with a collection just in time for back to school shopping at their downtown location.[Source]
– Rumored Grace Coddington has sold her memoir for $1.2 Million. [Source]
– Feist’s new album “Metals” will be out October 4, 2011. [Source]
– Seattle native and musician Stacie Orrico is working on a new album. [Source]
– Kanye West and Jay-Z on tour here.
– Ryan Murphy clarifies his statement about Cory, Lea, and Chris leaving by saying that they are only “graduating,” but not leaving the show completely. [Source]
– Chord Overstreet will not be returning to Glee and has declined the show’s offer to be on for a portion of the season. [Source]
– The Arrested Development movie is totally happening. [Source]
– I really don’t enjoy movies like these, but I figured some of you did. So here’s the trailer for New Years Eve featuring your fair share of overrated celebrities.
– Could it be? Sex and the City prequel rumors? [Source]
– Congratulations THEEsatisfaction who just signed with Sub Pop! [Source]
– Seattle bars may extend hours for certain bars. [Source]
–Izilla Toys on 12th Ave closed today. [Source]
– How are the Mariners doing this season? And…every season? [Source]
– Capitol Hill will host a Seattle vs. New York Turntable.Fm smack down! [Source]
– Prince William has gifted Kate his mother’s favorite earrings. [Source]
– Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler are no longer longer engaged. [Source]
– Jesse James and Kat Von D are over. Wait…didn’t that already happen? [Source]
– An Arkansas high school chose two valedictorians because the first valedictorian was black. The second valedictorian chosen was white and was selected because the high school believed parents would be upset. WHY does this STILL exist? [Source]
The summer premiere begins at 8PM and I cannot wait! And to prepare myself, I am holed up in one place watching the marathon until then. To celebrate the premiere, this post is dedicated to the lovely Pretty Little Liars and what they all were doing before they were cast in the hit show.
First off, today is Lucy Hale’s 22nd birthday! Before she was cast as the hip and artsy Aria, Lucy was dating Wizards of Waverly Place star David Henrie. She was also in the canceled show Privileged, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and performed as a young pre-teen on American Juniors.
Troian didn’t have too many notable roles before Pretty Little Liars, but she was in Billboard Dad with the Olsen twins!
Before Pretty Little Liars, I used to get Ashley Benson mixed up with Taylor Momsen – these days that won’t be a problem. Ashley played a mean girl in Lifetime’s Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal and a nice girl in one of the Bring It On movies, but I prefer her as the HBIC.
Shay Mitchell first breakout role was being cast as Emily Fields on Pretty Little Liars. There aren’t too many pictures of her from back in the day, but she has had a complete transformation since her first days on the set and is now a spokesperson for a line by Pantene.