– Mr. Teddy Bear himself, Jorge Garcia, will be making an appearance on the upcoming season of How I Met Your Mother. Jorge is most known for his role as Hugo “Hurley” Reyes on Lost. [Source]
– Lauren Conrad will be returning to MTV for a new reality show. The series will focus on her professional career as opposed to …well… what The Hills was known for. More info will be released next week. [Source]
– Pauly D. will be getting his own spin off from the hit series Jersey Shore. The show will be about what Pauly D. off of the show, which is being a DJ. [Source]
– Florence + The Machine will re-release their debut album “Lungs” on November 15th. The new album will feature the new song “Heavy In Your Arms” also on the new Twilight soundtrack as well as songs from the first album remixed. [Source]
Catfish – a documentary that I happen to find intriguing.
– Chloe Moretz [the little girl from Kick Ass and the sister from 500 Days of Summer] will star in the film adaptation of the comic “Emily The Strange.”
– Nicole Richie and Joel Madden are reportedly getting married this December.
– Actress Hayden Panetierre will portray Amanda Knox in the new Lifetime movie.
– Did you know that Kristen Bell used to date Matthew Morrison AKA Glee’s Will Schuester back in college?
– Taylor Swift’s alma mater high school, Henderson High School, has decided to name their school auditorium after the singer. Taylor only studied there for her freshman and sophomore year of high school. [Source]
It was just six years ago today that ABC dropped your pilot. [pun?] We miss you already!
On another note – did anyone catch the premiere of Glee last night? Amazeballs.
– Entourage will wrap up the series in the summer of 2011 with approximately six episodes to the season. This is the longest running show on HBO. [source]
– Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen have called off their engagement. [source]
– Survivor has a new cast in for season 21 in Nicaragua. Meet the cast here. Tribes have been divided into the under age 30 tribe and over age 40 tribe. Why is this show not over yet?
– Jane Lynch will host the October 9th episode of Saturday Night Live.
– Portia de Rossi will legally be changing her name to Portia DeGeneres. Portia and Ellen married in August 2008. [Source]
Weezer’s new album Hurley will be released on September 14, 2010. The picture above of Hurley from LOST is actually the album cover. How fitting! Rivers Cuomo says of the image, “I just loved this photo of Jorge Garcia — it just had this amazing vibe. We didn’t want to do a fourth self-titled record and we knew people would refer to it as ‘the Hurley record’ even if left it without that title, so we just called it ‘Hurley.’ No words are on the cover because all we wanted was his amazing face.” [source]
Justin Bieber is the new face of Proactiv.
– Meet the new MTV TJ [Twitter Jockey] Gabbi Gregg. She beat out 20 contestants and was known as being the plus-size fashion blogger. The 24-year old has earned a $100,000 contract as the official social media face of the network. Read more about her future plans as the new TJ here.
The UK’s Metropolitan Police has released a new interactive PSA. So far, every PSA from the UK that I have seen continues to be extremely powerful. It’s definitely something that should be here, but isn’t.
– Lady Gaga managed to make out with a fan WHILE she was crowd surfing during her performance at Lollapalooza this past weekend. It takes skills to multi-task.
In Seattle news…
– Seattle’s own Via Tribunali and Pike Street Fish Fry will be heading to Ludlow Street all the way in New York! [Source]
– Homegrown sandwiches on Capitol Hill will begin serving dinner on August 16h.
– I also spotted some construction going on today at the new Rock Box karaoke bar opening in the fall on Pine Street today.
In favorite graphics of the day…
B-girl Grandma Tracy knows how to bust a move in NYC.
This post is dedicated to my dear friend Beth who told me today over lunch that she felt smarter when she read my blog because she was able to contribute to conversations. I’m glad I can do that for you 🙂
“The film stars Keir Gilchrist as a stressed-out teenager who checks himself into a mental institution for five days and learns valuable life lessons while there. The film co-stars Zach Galifianakis, Emma Roberts, Lauren Graham, Viola Davis, and Jim Gaffigan. It’s Kind of a Funny Story opens in limited release on September 24th.”
Hello Daniel Faraday from Lost is in this movie. It just got 10x better!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July. I finally FINALLY finished Lost. And similar to the ending, I now feel like a part of me can move on from it hahah Last year, I was in school during Season 5 and when school got a little tough I quit watching Lost on my Wednesday nights and wasn’t able to start where I left off until just last week. I missed the entire 6th season, but luckily was able to finish in just two days.
Fact of the day from a dear friend of mine: Kids born when LOST first aired will be entering first grade in the fall.
Glad that there is some closure coming out of this – now we can get back to semi-regular blog posts.
I wish I would have spent my whole day getting caught up on Lost. I’m a mess.
– Blake Lively is doing all of her own stunts in The Green Lantern.
– Tiger Woods is dating again!
– The 2hr series finale of LOST is this Sunday. Please don’t spoil it for me, I’m very behind on episodes. When I say behind, I mean last season.
– Apple will no longer show their “Get a Mac” ads. [We were getting tired of them anyways]
“On May 20, 2010 Harry Potter film stars Harry Potter film stars Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid), Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and Oliver and James Phelps (Fred and George Weasley) took a sneak peek tour of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure theme park.”
Park opens June 18,2010
– Kelis and Robyn will be on a joint tour together.
– John Travolta and Kelly Preston are expecting.
Ask a girl the number one thing she looks for in a guy and you will almost always get the response of “a good personality.” It’s pretty obvious that no one wants to date a boring douche bag right? There’s no “type” for a good personality. In fact, that’s a lot of people and it really just depends on your taste in guys.
The other day my friend told me that I typically go for the shy awkward types. I said, “So what?!” because those guys are usually the nice ones…or so I believe. My guy friend said, you should go after guys your comfortable with that are like your friends. But you can’t really date your friends…
In the past few months, I’ve been walking around this school pointing out certain people that are not necessarily people that I like, but people with personality traits that I want to find in a husband. Now that’s a long time away, but a girl has to be prepared. I guess I’m very confused because I haven’t figured out what I want in a boyfriend, but I know what I would want in a husband.
Meet the personality types below: They aren’t the jocks, they aren’t the most popular, they’re definitely not bad boys. They are the dorks. They are super cute and lucky for me there are most of the time overlooked.
Dan Humphrey – Gossip Girl