Marni Socks – $115
Our favorite back to school lewks!
I wanted so badly to get home early Monday evening so that I could have this post ready in time for Tuesday morning as a recap, but of course, we stayed at work a little bit later that night. The good thing about writing this post now though is that I feel like I’m not under a time crunch and I can really take my time with it.
Bee Shaffer is not exactly “in” the fashion world, but her mother is Anna Wintour and every year she continues to stun. This was one of my favorite looks from the evening. Here she is wearing Alexander McQueen with her fiance Francesco Carrozzini. #powercouple
Anna Wintour in Chanel
It’s the eve of the season premiere of Mad Men’s last season so it only seemed fitting for us to feature the actress on the show who we find to be a style icon. That is none other than Kiernan Shipka. Full disclosure: I’m not a fan of the show. I’ve watched a few episodes with Kevin and friends always ask me if I want to watch an episode with them, but to be honest I’ve never really gotten into it. I can’t believe how long this television series has been airing though. Fans of the show have really watched Kiernan grow up into the lovely teenager she is today and her style has blossomed so we’re very excited to be showcasing it in this post. Just to throw it back we thought we’d intro this post with a photo of a young Kiernan. She’s only 15, but she’s got so much ahead of her!
DV by Dolce Vita ‘Dania’ Sandal – $26.23
By the looks of this month’s closet collection, you would think that we were already gearing up for fall! That, however, just isn’t true. I’ve noticed recently that while out shopping, I’ve been indulging in pieces that tend to be on the more neutral side – whites, creams, grays, and blacks. I’ve always been a fan of the classic style, but one thing is for sure – I definitely don’t get dressed up as much as I did in college. Back then, bold and bright pieces were my trademark, but these days – I’m not really dressing for anyone else other than myself and I’m not meeting new people every single day so getting dressed in the morning has become simplified. With that, here are my picks for July!
In true Sofia Coppola fashion, this new campaign video for the Marni and H&M collection is reminiscent of her previous work. The prints are beautiful. The music serene – and the entire campaign just completely whimsical and enchanting. I know I used a lot of descriptive words in that, but it is what it is. Sofia Coppola’s directing style has always been mesmerizing to me and while it’s not for everyone, there is something about it that I love.
– New York takes a jab at Miranda Kerr by calling her interview responses banal. [Source]
– The Victoria’s Secret Angels attempt to sing Jingle Bells. ahhh Lily Aldridge is my favorite!
– H&M x Marni is happening! The collaborative collection will debut March 8th. [Source]
– My style icon Alexa Chung won the British Style Award. [Source]
– “Like Crazy” actress Felicity Jones is the new face of Dolce & Gabbana. [Source]
– Britney Spears is performing a free show in Mexico! WHOA! [Source]
– The Red Hot Chili Peppers are hitting the road again for their new tour. [Source]
– S Club 7 is making a comeback! [Source]
“When her sister disappears, Jill (Seyfried) is convinced the serial killer who kidnapped her two years ago has returned, and she sets out to once again face her abductor.”
– Pretty Little Liars has been renewed for a third season! No surprise there. Looks like we have another year until we find out who A really is. [Source]
– Ricky Martin will be making an appearance on Glee next year. [Source]
– These breakout stars had a fantastic year in 2011. [Source]
– Conrad Murray has been sentenced to four years behind bars for the death of Michael Jackson. [Source]
François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?