OMG yes, Sarah Hyland – keep going with these covers! We love them.
OMG yes, Sarah Hyland – keep going with these covers! We love them.
My co-worker asked me yesterday if this music video was staged before I even watched it, but after peeking my curiosity, I obviously had to. And the verdict? Well, it’s not staged actually. They really did crash all of these weddings, but my guess is that there had to be someone in the wedding party or someone close to the bride and groom that knew that this was going to happen. I mean… look at that production! How could you not know? Fun fact though – the director of “Wedding Crashers” also directed this music video. Someone clearly knows what they are doing.
Also, I have not listened to anything else, but this song since yesterday. Maybe we love it more because of the weddings aspect.
I’m not going to say that we didn’t ever see this coming, but we definitely didn’t see this coming so soon! Adam Levine is reported engaged to Victoria’s Secret Angel Behati Prinsloo. The Voice judge and model split up this past spring, but have since decided to reconcile apparently. Levine revealed exclusively to PEOPLE magazine today that the couple are making their way to the alter. He proprosed to Behati this past weekend in Los Angeles. Congratulations to the couple! Behati is one lucky lady and will probably have many songs written about her from here on out.
– Bloggers are making their mark on the world! The Man Repeller’s Leandra Medine will be releasing a new book slated for next year. [Source]
– Pinterest puts their foot down when it comes to thinspiration images on their website. [Source]
– Could H&M be on the verge of launching a luxury brand? [Source]
– The lyrics slay me.
– Britney Spears is joining X Factor y’all! [Source]
– Maroon 5’s new album “Overexposed” will be released in June. [Source]
– A new MGMT record will be released this September! [Source]
– Australian music group, Jet, has decided to part ways. [Source]
– Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros will release their second album together by the end of the year. [Source]
– A Hunger Games vacation. [Source]
– JJ Abrams isn’t letting anyone see Star Trek 2 before it comes out! [Source]
– The Weinstein Company has decided to retaliate against the MPAA and will release the new documentary, “Bully,” as unrated. [Source]
– Direct R.J. Cutler (The September Issue) will direct yet another fashion-based film. [Source]
– We said goodbye to one of my favorite series, Skins. [Source]
– Teen Mom 2 star Jenelle is going under the knife. [Source]
– Mike “The Situation” has checked into rehab for prescription pills and alcohol. [Source]
– 30 Rock will do another live episode next month. [Source]
– Lifetime has pulled a controversial episode of Dance Moms featuring the young girls as little showgirls. [Source]
– Jo Rivera from Teen Mom 2 attempts a rap career. [Source]
– Here’s a first look at AnnaSophia Robb as a young Carrie Bradshaw. [Source]
– Camille Grammer is not returning to The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. [Source]
– ABC Family has picked up the network rights to The Hunger Games – will air in 2014. [Source]
– Jimmy Kimmel will host the Emmy’s! [Source]
– Everyday Music has officially moved across the street. [Source]
– Ballard burger spot, The Counter, has closed. [Source]
– A store I recently discovered while in San Francisco, Bevmo, will open up two locations in Washington in Silverdale and Tacoma. Um…I think they really meant Seattle, but that’s not happening. [Source]
– Seattle Restaurant Week begins April 8th! [Source]
– There is a Vintage Wedding Fair going down this weekend. Swoon swoon swoon. [Source]
– Miami Heat show their support for Trayvon Martin. [Source]
– Jason Russell’s naked meltdown was because of a brief reactive psychosis. [Source]
– Tori Spelling is pregnant again. [Source]
– Kim’s flour shower. [Source]
– Megan Fox has spent $60K + on plastic surgery. [Source] Yikes.
– Hilary Duff gave birth to son Luca last week.
– Khloe Kardashian turns her back on PETA after her sister’s incident. [Source]
– VS Angel Adriana Lima is also pregnant. [Source]
Happy spring readers! We’re long overdue for a Collection post so I thought I would leave you with one before I embark on the rest of my spring break venturing for the week. It’s definitely shorter than usual, but still packed with pretty pictures. I wanted to kick off this collection post with a comic from one of my favorite sites, A Softer World. Together, they are the perfect combination of beautiful photography and witty thoughts.
I may not be a regular at Victoria’s Secret, but I am a huge fan of the annual fashion show that airs on CBS every winter. I’ve always had an interest in runway shows, but what sets this one apart from all the others is that the models actually LOOK like they are having fun. Seriously, don’t you agree? They’re smiling, they’re dancing…there’s 300 pounds of glitter on the runway. Just picture that for a second. You would die if 300 pounds of glitter were on top of you. And that’s scary, but that’s what makes the show so successful. Well, that and all the models and the lingerie you know…
And now a tribute to my favorite Angels!
– Street style photographers Scott Schuman and Garance Dore are both expanding their blogs together. [Source]
– James Franco is on the cover of Flaunt’s latest issue baring his ASSets. [Source]
– Crooked teeth are so in. Go get them done. [Source]
– Kevin Richardson will perform with the Backstreet Boys again for a one-time performance. [Source]
– Maroon 5’s Adam Levine hates Fox News. A lot. [Source]
– MTV will air True Life: I’m Occupying Wall Street on Nov. 5th 6PM EST [Source]
– Paranormal Activity 3 set the world record for biggest horror movie debut this past weekend raking in $54 million at the box office. [Source]
– The Chocolate Box is planning a pop-up shop outside of Pacific Place for mid-fall. The Chocolate Box Express will open Nov. 12 for weekends and beginning Nov 25. daily. [Source]
– The Kardashians are expanding into home decor with their new trademarked name Kardashian Kollection Home. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan will pose for Playboy for a reported $1 million. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan arrived to court the other day with some pretty inflated cheeks. Reason for bloating? Apparently she got some dental work done and thank goodness cause her teeth were a wreck last week. [Source]
– Tony Romo and Candice Crawford are expecting. [Source]
– Actress Kaley Cuoco is engaged to boyfriend Josh ‘Lazie’ Reznik. [Source]
– Tara Reid confesses that she’s not actually married? [Source]
– The Oakland Police Department just went nuts on the locals participating in OccupyOakland by resorting to tear gas. [Source]
– Japan’s Burger King is launching a new promotion that allows customers to eat “All the Whoppers they can in 30 minutes.” For $11, you can eat to your heart’s content. If America launched this, we’d be in big trouble. [Source]
– Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderrama are dating…again? He sure likes his barely legals. [Source]
– Amy Winehouse died unintentionally by consuming too much alcohol. [Source]
– Ashton Kutcher’s fling Sara Leal has gone public with her details to US Weekly. [Source]
– Ozzy Osbourne will be a grandfather again as his son Jack Osbourne is expecting. [Source]
– Maroon 5 and Kanye West will perform at this year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. [Source]
– Girls Aloud member Sarah Harding has checked into rehab. [Source]
– Jamie Bell looking extremely attractive on the cover of Vogue Hommes. [Source]
– Jared and Genevieve Padalecki are expecting. [Source]
– Conde Nast hoping to expand into the entertainment industry. [Source]
– NBC has purchased a new pilot called “Ten years” from Courteney Cox and David Arquette. [Source]
– Death Cab For Cutie is releasing a collection of remixed songs from their latest album “Codes and Keys.” Their first single is “Doors Unlocked and Open” with Cut Copy. You can download the remix EP on November 22. [Source]
– The Black Keys will be live streaming their concert tomorrow night at 4G Factory in New York City. The show starts at 11PM EST and will include an appearance by Questlove (The Roots.) You can stream the show from their Facebook page. [Source]
–Samuel L. Jackson is officially on Twitter! [Source]
– Let’s end this on an educational note! Here are the top 10 most expensive schools in the US and how much financial aid they provide. Barrrrf. [Source]
I rarely talk about the things that I am directly involved in on this blog, but I thought that I would make an exception for a project that has become pretty important to me. For the last four months, I have been working with a local and talented musician named Taylor Bolibol. I am used to working more closely with venues, but this time, I wanted to take the opportunity to work with an artist. Not only has it been an eye-opening experience for me as I learn how difficult it is from a different perspective, but it has been the most rewarding project I have ever done. It is extremely cool to see Taylor grow and develop as an artist and with every gig and opportunity, we become more and more excited for her future. I was planning on holding off this actual intro post until her album came out, but I thought I would give you a little bit of a sample beforehand and make another announcement when the album is released, which we hope will be soon!
Last night Taylor played a show over in West Seattle and we recorded several of our performances, but we thought her cover of “Moves Like Jagger” was fun so here it is!
To listen to Taylor’s original songs, visit her Facebook page here. If you like what you hear, go ahead and “like it!” Thank you in advance for all of your support!
[photo cred: Andrew Uvari]
Maroon 5 singer, Adam Levine, has decided to take on a new career venture as a fashion designer. Adam Levine is very stylish himself so this should not come off as too much of a surprise to any of us. His new collection, 222, will debut this fall and will feature “simple silhouettes in luxe fabrics for men and women.” Adam has been surrounded by fashion figures throughout his life. He was inspired by high-end fashion labels such as Balenciaga, YSL, and Ann Demeulemeester. His father even owns a successful retail called M. Frederic in Los Angeles. Let’s also not forget the leading ladies in his life. The frontman dated Jane Herman, high school sweetheart and former Vogue fashion writer, Songs about Jane anyone?
– Simon and Garfunkel have canceled their North American tour because Art Garfunkel has a condition that has been affecting his voice.
– Amy Poehler is the co-creater in the project Smart Girls at the Party, which is a web show featuring girls who are changing the world all on their own.
– James Franco has been preparing for his solo art show to debut on June 23rd at New York’s Clock Tower Gallery. Show’s focus? Sexual confusion. [source]
– Toy Story 3 may have a shot at winning the Oscar’s Best Picture award. [source]
Miley Cyrus performed at the MuchMusic Video Awards 2010 last night in this getup. Stop it Miley. Just stop it.
– True Blood officially renewed for a fourth season.
– For the next season of American Idol, they have decided to lower the age limit from 16-28 to 15-28. Auditions begin in Nashville on July 17th.
– Chris Klein has checked himself into rehab after his second alcohol related arrest last Wednesday.
Listen to Maroon 5’s newest single Misery here
– Radiohead is hoping to release their new album before the end of 2010.
– So summer hasn’t hit yet in the northwest. At least we don’t have tornadoes right? Yesterday, a tornado in Billings, Montana destroyed their sports arena and event center Metrapark.
– The Glastonbury music festival is this week. I wish I was there.
– Abercrombie & Fitch is bringing back their most controversial quarterly. mmm how we like a scandal… you’re trying to boost sales aren’t you A&F? [source]
– Givenchy will no longer present a couture runway show, but will opt for private appointments instead. [source]
– Jack White wants his fans to stop sending him stuffed animals. [source]
– Bachelor contestants Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi have ended their engagement. The dating show has produced 13 failed relationships.
Local record label, Destiny Worldwide, recently informed me that they were releasing their new album Rockin’ Romance 2 – a compilation of your favorite love songs with an alternative twist. I had never heard the first Rockin’ Romance album, so the people over at Destiny Worldwide were so kind and sent me over a copy! Some of my favorite love songs made the cut including “She Will Be Loved,” originally by Maroon 5, “With You” by Jessica Simpson and “1000 Miles” by Vanessa Carlton just to name a few. Who are some of the special bands performing these covers? My friends of The Scene Aesthetic, The Real You, Daphne Loves Derby, and New Heights – all of Seattle’s finest!
This year’s even bigger and better track listing is sure to bring you right back to those middle school dances and the jams that rocked the gymnasium.
A week of love songs ya dig?