06 Jan 2017
Nobody knows more than me that I love a good choker trend. We’ve been obsessing over them since the summer and we’re not slowing down any time soon. However, ASOS decided to put the trend to a serious test this week by releasing a choker for guys. So male readers of Yow Yow! … I have to know, would you wear it? Is this an accessory that you can get behind? How would you style it?
You can check out the full collection here . And before you scratch your head and say, “Katie, but aren’t these women’s chokers? How can you distinguish them?” Well the link I just included shows that the search results have indeed been filtered down to just “men.” Yep. So this is a real thing that’s happening. Then after I read this news, I came across this:
This is The Today Show’s Matt Lauer also wearing a choker. Except, we’re a little put off that he’s displaying it Superman style. Why not wear an outfit that will already allow it to stand out on its own instead of being hidden? Turns out he was wearing this because of the recent news about ASOS so let’s not expect him to be a regular.
Whatever the case, I think I’m okay with this trend. If a guy would like to wear a choker, they should just go ahead. I’m still going to wear mine. Maybe we can match. Let’s just end this post on a good note though:
21 Dec 2015
- Polly Pocket sets that every 90’s kid loved [Buzzfeed] I owned 75% of all of the sets that were shown in these photos.
- The 10 biggest trends in 2015 [High Snobiety]
- The 41 most Instagrammed It Items of 2015 [Refinery29]
- The 6 Shoes Every Grown Man Should Own [Cool Material]
- Dropbox was given a Michelin Star [Medium]
- Things that Pitchfork was disappointed about in 2015 [Pitchfork]
Also, just want to note that there will be many more round-up posts as we get closer to the end of the year! I just need to wrap everything up with work first before my focus shifts to Yow Yow! Don’t worry, we’ll do our usuals that we love to do every year and look forward to.
10 Jul 2015
– Which member of Taylor Swift’s clique are you? [Refinery 29]
– How Facebook changed their “Facebook Friends” icon [Medium]
– Majid Jordan dropped a 20-minute mix on SoundCloud for your listening pleasure [Fader]
– Roy Choi shows us how to make the perfect instant ramen [Tasting Table]
– How men can pull off the baggy t-shirt look [GQ]
– 5 unexpected things happy people have in their homes [Apartment Therapy]
Wow! I think this is the first time we’ve hit all 5 Yow Yow! categories!
03 Jul 2015
– Los Angeles Photographer Emily Knecht captured herself in crying selfies for the last three years. [i-D]
– The best and worst airlines, airports, and flights – a summer 2015 report [FiveThirtyEight]
– The one haircut that all women love on men [Esquire]
– How good is your eyesight? I scored 20 and this was so much harder than I thought! [iGame]
– This device blows a bubble to notify you of your upcoming meetings. [Swiss-Miss]
– Shaving dogs into cubes is becoming a new trend in Japan [MTV]
– When to close your eyes [Instagram]
– Most Exclusive Website [Herman Yung]
19 Mar 2015
If I had a more flexible income, I would most definitely purchase myself one of these monthly subscription boxes so when I hear of other people doing it around me, I am envious. Who doesn’t love packages, right? Especially ones that are full of goodies that you can use and hopefully use over and over again. Birchbox is widely known for their monthly packages for products directed towards women, but now the guys can get in on the action with Birchbox Man. Each package includes 3-4 samples set for grooming, along with an accessory or gadget, and styling tips. If you’re able to find items that you love out of the package, you can buy the full-sized version of the product at the Birchbox Man online store.
Pls can one of my friends just do this so I can live vicariously.
30 Dec 2014
Happy almost New Years readers! We’re really looking forward to 2015 and what’s in store not only for me, but also for Yow Yow! We never go into the new year with a plan so it’s always a surprise for us. There’s a whole lot of love today in this post because well, everyone is getting engaged and love is just all we’re thinking about right now.
Read more “A Collection Part 41”
09 Jul 2014
– J.K. Rowling gives us a summer read by continuing Harry Potter’s story [Source] / I can’t see it because I refuse to make an account
– 70 of the most useful websites on the internet / oh man all in one place!
– The best music of 2014 so far / really not a bad list to be listening to right now
– The 12 best monthly deliveries / for guys I guess
– A running of the bulls is coming to the Bay Area / wut
– Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes are apparently expecting a child together / so…no hope for Ryan and Rachel then?