Millie Bobby Brown in custom Giorgio Armani
How darling is she?! Every time I see her, I see a young Natalie Portman. I’m so excited for the cast of Stranger Things – they took home a big win tonight!
Viola Davis in Michael Kors Collection
I spent a great deal of time today glued to my TV. Those hours of the red carpet and the actual award show aren’t hours that I can get back. My two takeaways? Well, I didn’t watch enough good movies in the last year and everyone that tried to pull off a long-sleeved dress this year on the red carpet failed. I did have a couple of favorite looks though and they came from those that surprised me! I always like doing this post the night of the award show so that people can have something to scroll through when morning comes around so with that here are my favorite looks as well as those that missed the mark.
I’m actually tired of this trend with dresses being one shouldered and have been for awhile, however, I love this color on Viola and she looks stunning. I also like that she decided to simplify both her and makeup so that the dress could just do its thing. The head-scratching moment of the night for this dress was when Ryan Seacrest asked her what color her dress was while everyone at home was like “um, can’t you tell what color this is?”
Sarah Jessica Parker wearing Vera Wang
Very rarely am I ever impressed by anything SJP wears. She looks like a marshmallow in this gown and I’m not happy with the way she styled her hair. The only way this look could redeem itself is if it were sleeveless and her hair were let down.
Long-time Brunette has had the bangs and has gone bald in the past, but this past weekend she really stepped up her game with going blonde. And it didn’t look bad – not even a little bit. In fact, it’s awesome and only adds more to how envious we really are of her. Natalie revealed her new look on the red carpet Saturday night for the L.A. Dance Project alongside husband Benjamin Millepied.
Natalie Portman is generally very private about her love life and even though she pulled off a secluded wedding, the papps weren’t able to leave her alone! I realize this post probably goes against Ms. Portman’s wishes, but can we just – for a second – admire her phenomenal Rodarte wedding gown? That fit! Those sleeves! The fresh flower garland. It all screams Natalie Portman.
Congrats to the very happy couple!
For more pictures, click here.
Natalie Portman and Benjamin Millapied were married yesterday at their home near Big Sur, California in a traditional Jewish ceremony.
The couple met on the set of Black Swan when Millapied was the choreographer for the film.
The two have one son together – 13-month old Aleph.
– Supermodel Agyness Deyn came forward earlier this week to announce that she is 29-years old, which is six years older than the age stated on her CV. [Source]
– Stefano Pilati has “left the YSL building.” Pilati has been the creative director over at YSL since 2004. [Source]
– Bethany Cosentino of Best Coast is designing a line for Urban Outfitters. [Source]
– Glee’s Idina Menzel will be going on tour. [Source]
– Warner Music has launched a YouTube channel. [Source]
– Despicable Me 2 teaser trailer
– Emma Watson will star in Sofia Coppola’s new film titled, “The Bling Ring” about a group of fashion-obsessed teenagers who break into the homes of celebrities and eventually get caught. It’s inspired by a true story…and Lifetime already did it…last year. [Source]
– Lindsay will make her 239479th comeback this weekend when she hosts Saturday Night Live.
– Jennifer Love Hewitt turned her Lifetime movie, The Client List into Lifetime television series, The Client List. [Source]
– Bristol Palin is getting a docuseries on Lifetime. “This show will reveal the real Bristol Palin and her journey as a daughter, a mother and a young woman making her way in the world.” Um…what?!
– Meet the newest contestants for Dancing With the Stars. [Source]
– Casting has begun for the new CW Sex and the City prequel pilot, The Carrie Diaries, and it looks like AnnaSophia Robb will play a young Carrie. [Source]
– Oprah Winfrey will interview the late Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown’s daughter Bobbi Kristina exclusively, which will air on Sunday, March 11th at 9PM on OWN. [Source]
– Top Pot Doughnuts are headed to Bellevue Square. [Source]
– Capitol Hill’s Molly Moon’s is taking over the old Flora & Henri shop to create a Willy Wonka-esque “kitchen on display” that will highlight their specialty ice cream and signature cones being made. The space is set to open in the summer. [Source]
– Skillet will call the Seattle Center home. [Source]
– EMP’s Sound Off! finals are tomorrow night and we’ve got a Seattle University band in the running: Feet. Check out the rest of the acts here. I like these guys a lot!
– Jan Berenstain passed away this week at 88. This one was my favorite because I went through a phase as a kid where I loved seeing pictures of illustrated food/candy. I kid you not, another one of my favorite books was a children’s book on the affects of diabetes.
– Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose are now engaged! The couple have been dating for over a year. [Source]
– Ke$ha turned 25 and Justin Bieber turned 18 this week.
– US Weekly shows the evolution of Lindsay Lohan’s face and it ain’t pretty. [Source]
– Lea Michele and Cory Monteith – romantically involved? US Weekly believes so. [Source]
– Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner have announced the birth of their newborn son, Samuel Garner Affleck. [Source]
– …and Snooki is preggers. [Source]
– Lamar Odom has been dropped by the Dallas Mavericks and has been sent down to the NBA Development League. OH NO!! POOR LAM LAM :( [Source]
– Actress Kaley Cuoco has called off her engagement to Josh Resnik. [Source]
– Natalie Portman had a secret wedding and is already married to Benjamin Millipied. [Source]
[Rooney Mara in Givenchy Haute Couture]
I absolutely love this gown on her. It’s so refreshing to see her not wearing black for once since most of her press outfits and even gowns on the red carpet recently have been black.
I spent most of the day watching the red carpet special for the Academy Awards yesterday as E! decided to start it around one if not sooner. Unfortunately, thirty minutes into the show, I decided to give up on watching it to spend my time with some great company. It’s alright – the red carpet is usually the main priority for me…that was until Ashley sent me a text that said, “We could have easily made tonight a drinking game,” which meant that I was missing a whole lot of highlights from the show.
I suppose I can just read about the rest of the stuff that happened during the show. I did, however, witness Sacha Baron Cohen as the Dictator dump Bisquick all over Ryan Seacrest’s Burberry suit. Just watching him trying to contain his anger over the situation was entertaining enough.
And with that, let’s get into some red carpet looks!
Rose Byrne in Elie Saab Couture
I was actually impressed by most of the looks I saw on the red carpet this year at the 2012 SAG Awards -more so than the Golden Globes. Rose Byrne, Michelle Williams, Emma Stone were some of my favorites! I absolutely loved how Rose Byrne opted for a jumpsuit instead of a gown. It’s a risky choice, but the actress pulled it off. Also, her haircut is adorable with the look.
Charlize Theron in Dior completely gets Yow Yow’s stamp of approval for being the best dressed on the red carpet last night. There was a whole lot of cream and ivory, but gosh the simplicity and elegance of this gown made me melt. The headband was also what sealed the deal for me.
It looks like Mila and her former Black Swan co-star Natalie Portman have another similar project in common. They’ve both been tapped to work with Dior as brand ambassadors. Here are some of Mila’s new spring campaigns shot by photographer Mikail Jansson. The advertisements will be featured in the pages of magazines as early as January 15th first internationally and then in American fashion magazines like Harper’s Bazaar and Vogue.