Damn. Rihanna came to party with this Giambattista Valli Haute Couture Gown.
Rose Byrne in Custom Calvin Klein Collection
I wasn’t that into the Emmy’s this year for some reason and that could’ve been for a few reasons:
Typically when we cover award shows, we generally just stick to the fashion and that’s exactly what we’re going to do again. But here are the winners in case you are wondering – – via Refinery29
Rose Byrne’s gown was easily one of my favorites from the entire evening!
Neil Patrick Harris swoon. The film will debut during New York City Pride Week on June 27.
On an important related note, this HelloGiggles post about why people shouldn’t be okay with Chris Brown performing at the Grammy’s is quite insightful. I’ve had a similar opinion for awhile, but usually when I talk about that I make jabs at his performance and the more obvious scandal. This writer, however, has got some pretty solid facts and it is worth reading. And not to start something controversial, but the reason why that HelloGiggles post is mentioned on Yow Yow is so we can avoid things like this. It’s important for all of us to remember that there’s a border between a play on words or a play off pop culture, but this is not one of those times. It’s not cute anymore especially when it involves Chris Brown. Typing things like this out as a tweet is not the same as feeling the same way or wanting to be in that situation. Not being able to tell the difference between these things frightens me and makes me fear for the safety of other young women that have this notion in their head that it is okay to say these things.
If I could swoon over any character from a television series, it would probably be How I Met Your Mother’s Barney Stinson played by Neil Patrick Harris. Well, my first choice would be Adam Brody, but that show is long gone so naturally, I had to move on. Barney has got the most game that I have ever seen in a character, let alone, out of anyone I know in real life. He always knows the right thing to do and say except in Season 3-Episode 10 “The Yips.” If you haven’t seen the show at all, you should probably get on that. This year, I missed his annual “suit up” day, but feel that I redeemed myself when I hosted my “Legen-wait for it-Dary” birthday party.
If you’re a guy that has not had a great deal of success in your game, I suggest you pick up a copy of “The Playbook” to guide you along. Couldn’t hurt right? In fact, buy all three books because they will probably change your life.
Yay Neil Patrick Harris!!
– Hillary Duff and Mike Comrie just got married tonight in Santa Barbara. Hillary wore Vera Wang [of course.] Scans and pictures will be released Thursday by OK! Magazine, but we all hope it’s a little bit sooner. Question – why do people go to OK! Magazine – there are other magazines out there…better ones too…
– The Glee cast is pushing for a Michael Jackson episode. Haven’t they have enough? Madonna episode – Britney episode. I wish they would just go back to having non-themed episodes. [Source]
– Cheryl Cole will be keeping her last name as Cole and not going back to Tweedy. [Source]
– Joe Jonas has filed a lawsuit against Canadian entertainment blogger Zach Taylor for a posting that claimed Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato were “friends with benefits” [Source]
– Meet the Toronto version of Jersey Shore. Lake Shore. [Source] Because everyone wants to be the next Snooki and The Situation.
Drew Barrymore recently walked the red carpet for the Nylon Magazine/Express party this week in a vintage dress that cost her only $25. Don’t worry her Yves Saint Laurent “Tribute” pumps are $760. [Source]
– That same Miu Miu applique dress has landed yet another cover for August making its appearance total to four covers this month. It really is one great dress… [source]
– The boys of Glee will co-host the Teen Choice Awards with Miss Katy Perry next month.
– Justin Timberlake’s William Rast Collection will collaborate with Target’s Go Fashion line to bring affordable denim to both fans and customers. Pieces are likely to range from $15-$80. [source]
– Jimmy Fallon is accused of sexual discrimination because of his preference with who he wants to work with. [source]
– Mel Gibson continues to be disgusting so Leonardo DiCaprio has decided to pull out of an upcoming film with him. Good choice Leo! [Source]
– Who is set to be more “present” on next season’s Glee? Click here to see!
John Legend and The Roots are releasing a new album! Check out the tracklisting here
– Jennifer Lopez will be replacing Ellen DeGeneres on American Idol next season. [Source]
Huge crush on Neil Patrick Harris
GQ introduces pantless Saturdays including Michael Cera and his Scott Pilgrim costars. NSFW or SFW at your own discretion. [Source]
– Zac Efron visited a strip club in New York and it was a BIG deal you guys. [source]
– Kanye West has got a Twitter account now y’all! Follow him here
– Another Victoria’s Secret model has let slip that Miranda Kerr may be pregnant? Maybe that’s why her and Orlando Bloom got married one month after announcing their engagement.
– W Magazine is pulling a “September Issue” and will be filming a documentary on the release of their September issue. Copycatters of Vogue much? [Source]
– Taylor Momsen has got an official album cover.
– Naomi Watts is the new face of Ann Taylor [Source]
in random news from The Daily What
The poor kid didn’t get to see any of his favorite animals at the zoo because all of the girls wanted to see “gentle animals.”
Awesome street art from Warsaw
The world’s oldest Twitter user passed away today at age 104. [source]
In Seattle news…
– The Picasso will be at the Seattle Art Museum this October. Find out more about how to get tickets here
– The Block Party has come and gone, now you can start making your schedule for Bumbershoot hour-by-hour here
The Grassroots production continues to take over Capitol Hill and it is awesome. [Source]
Beastly is a new movie starring Vanessa Hudgens, Alex Pettyfer, Mary-Kate Olsen and Neil Patrick Harris. Based on the book, this movie is supposed to be a modern day version of The Beauty in the Beast. I’ve never read the book. I’ll also admit that I was a little skeptical at first, but the trailer proved me wrong. I think this looks like it’s gonna be a good movie – then again, you never really know with trailers.
What else is working in favor of this movie?
The main character Alex Pettyfer is quite the looker.
Mary-Kate is acting again!
Any trailer that includes a Death Cab for Cutie gets an A+ in my book.