23 Nov 2011
When Nickelback was announced to perform the half-time show at this year’s Lions Turkey Day Game taking place on Thanksgiving in Detroit, many fans were not having it. Detroit has plenty of artists to choose from in the area, but yet they decided to go with Nickelback – the most hated band in America. Hey – that’s just what I’ve been hearing on the interwebs. One Detroit musician decided to take matters into his own hands by campaigning to replace the band via Twitter, but unfortunately, Mayer Hawthorne fell short this time around. While Nickelback will still be performing tomorrow, Mayer Hawthorne will be live streaming his own half-time performance tomorrow at the same time from his parent’s house. The set will include a medley of his favorite songs as well as songs that are dedicated to the city of Detroit.
I won’t be watching the games, but I will be setting my alarm to make sure that I am up for his performance.
17 Feb 2011
A special shout out to a very special group of people.
17 Dec 2009
– Despite his entire personal life being splashed across the front pages of newspapers and tabloids and his god-awful new nickname of “cheater Woods,” Tiger Woods was still voted the top athlete of the decade. Really…?
– Bilboard has also declared Nickelback as the band of the decade. What is wrong with the world?
– Today, Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry passed away after he suffered severe injuries upon falling out of a pickup truck during a messy dispute with his wife. He was discovered on a residential road and rushed to the hospital, but it was too late. He was 26.
– Our country is beginning to lose that “hope” that we were instilled with when Barack Obama became President this year. The numbers and percentages regarding optimism and reflection over President Obama’s job in the office have been declining rapidly. The numbers are online somewhere I’m sure, I watched the segment on NBC nightly news last night. If you thought our unemployment rate was bad in Seattle… well it’s 50% in Detroit. Yeah, that’s terrible.
– When I was nine years old, I was singing along to Spice Girls. These days I guess it’s okay for a nine-year-old Noah Cyrus, sister of Miley Cyrus, to be singing Akon’s “Smack That.” Does the girl even know what the lyrics mean? Miley’s camp is cheering for her like it’s cute, it’s not cute. It’s just discomforting.
– Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal have finally called it quits after three years together.
– The Hills will be returning for a sixth season on MTV. Filming will start up after New Years. NOOOOOOOOOO!
On a happier note…
Kevin Jonas [The Jonas Brothers] and Danielle Deleasa will wed this weekend
Happy 20th Anniversary Simpsons! They premiered on television exactly 20 years ago.
– Project Runway season 7 will return to Lifetime on January 14th.
– American Apparel has just announced that they have launched a nail polish line.