Selena Gomez in Valentino
She’s really living up this whole new identity that’s going with her album these days.
I wanted so badly to get home early Monday evening so that I could have this post ready in time for Tuesday morning as a recap, but of course, we stayed at work a little bit later that night. The good thing about writing this post now though is that I feel like I’m not under a time crunch and I can really take my time with it.
Bee Shaffer is not exactly “in” the fashion world, but her mother is Anna Wintour and every year she continues to stun. This was one of my favorite looks from the evening. Here she is wearing Alexander McQueen with her fiance Francesco Carrozzini. #powercouple
Anna Wintour in Chanel
Alicia Vikander in Louis Vuitton
This is always one of our favorite events of the year and all today, I wanted to just continue refreshing Fashionista so that I could see the live coverage of all of the outfits. Instead, we worked. And every 45 minutes, we ended up refreshing, but then the days get ahead of us so now we’re playing catch up now. Here’s what we did see – we didn’t like Taylor’s outfit. Not one bit. We hated Selena’s boots. We weren’t surprised by Nicki Minaj and we loved Chloe Moretz and Bee Shaffer, but what else is new?! Now, let’s get to the coverage – it’s pretty much the post we’ve been waiting for all year long. This year’s theme was Manus x Machina. This also kind of hits home for us because well… you know, tech!
Taylor Swift in Louis Vuitton
Someone’s trying a little too hard, right?
Kevin got me into these two a long long time ago. I can’t believe they both have kids now! This was too adorable.
Ariana Grande in Moschino top and skirt. This is kind of a hard look for Ariana who is known for her sweet strapless dresses, but this IS her night after all – opening the VMA’s, debuting the music video for “Bang Bang” and releasing her latest album “My Everything” tonight!
It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
– Rooney is the new February Vogue cover girl. [Source]
– Beyonce is rumored to be the new face of H&M. [Source]
– Adam Levine and Nicki Minaj will be collaborating with Kmart to put out clothing and accessory lines. [Source]
– The Coveteur will be hosting a children’s theme all week and is currently featuring Suri Cruise. [Source]
– Alber Elbaz will be launching a makeup collection with Lancome [Source]
– Yeah Yeah Yeahs announce new album “Mosquito.” [Source]
– Ryan Gosling could have been a Backstreet Boy. [Source]
– Denzel Washington took his 21-year old daughter Olivia to the Golden Globe Awards Sunday evening as his date, but the media thought she was actually his wife Pauletta who is 62. #awkward [Source]
– Netflix has signed a deal to stream a new batch of shows including: Adventure Time, The West Wing, Fringe, Chuck and many more. [Source]
Tommy Lee Jones’s grump face at the Golden Globes is now an internet meme. Naturally. [Source]
– Pickwick will release their debut album “Can’t Talk Medicine” on March 12. For now, here is a cover of “Lady Luck” with Sharon Van Etten [Source]
– Top Pot will open its first drive-thru in Issaquah. [Source]
– Seattle’s new Bullitt Center may be the greenest building ever. That’s Seattle for ya! [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan made yet another huge life mistake by firing her lawyer Shawn Holley and also owing her $300K in unpaid fees [Source]
– Microsoft will shut down MSN Messenger on March 15, 2013 after 13 years. [Source]
– Kate Middleton is due in July. [Source] And so is Kimye’s baby.
– Actress Lena Dunham has pledged that she won’t get married until all gay people can get married. [Source]
– Miss America Contestant Allyn Rose says the she will get a double mastectomy after she has completed a year of service as Miss DC or Miss America since her mother, aunt, and grandmother have all passed away from breast cancer. [Source]
– New Myspace is now open to the public. Meanwhile, I am still very very cautious about it. [Source]
– Nicki Minaj’s hairstylist quits. [Source]
– It was Marc Jacobs’s psychiatrist that advised him to turn down the Dior gig. [Source]
– A song about Harry Styles is on its way y’all! [Source]
– Ke$ha was paid just $1.63 to write a song for Miley Cyrus. Yes, that’s $1.63… 63 cents. [Source]
– Jurassic Park 4 will be released June 13, 2014. [Source]
– Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame may hit Broadway. [Source]
– Pirates of the Caribbean, really? [Source]
– Tina Fey on Twitter.
– Britney has not only split with fiance Jason Trawick, but has also given back his $90K engagement ring. [Source]
– Facebook is considering adding a fee to send messages to people that you are not connected with for a whopping $100. [Source]
– Crystal Harris signed a pretty serious Prenup before marrying Hugh Hefner. UM HOBviously. [Source]
– Do we like this new portrait of Kate Middleton revealed yesterday? Apparently, no one does. [Source]
– Jennifer Lawrence and actor Nicholas Hoult split. [Source]
– Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell are expecting their first child. [Source] Luckily that Marilyn Manson thing was just a phase…
– Reddit Co-Founder and Digital Activist Aaron Swartz has committed suicide. [Source]
– Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis are engaged! [Source]
– Fashionista documents the best looks from Pretty Little Liars [Source]
– Marc Jacobs’ new makeup line will hit Sephora shelves this fall. [Source]
– Stella McCartney is launching a collection of eyewear and it’s pretty spectacular. [Source]
– Justin Bieber will host and perform on Saturday Night Live’s Feb. 9th episode. [Source]
– Paramore ain’t over y’all! A new album is on the way. [Source]
– Mariah Carey is hilarious in an interview with Barbara Walters in which she says she didn’t know Nicki Minaj sang…”I thought she rapped or whatever. [Source] Trollin’
– “Girls” actress Lena Dunham was criticized for having a ‘blobby body’ in a review. Uhhhhhh girl can do whatever she wants, she’s fantastic, okay? [Source]
– Aladdin will be on Broadway in Spring 2014. [Source]
– Joseph Gordon Levitt and Josh Brolin join the cast of the Sin City sequel. [Source]
– This is how Taylor Swift looks post split from Harry Styles. Haylor is no more. [Source]
– Khloe Kardashian is selling her old workout clothes on eBay. Sick. [Source]
– Anderson Cooper has been named Gay “Man of 2012” by Out readers. [Source]
– Snooki wants a baby. I think everyone had their doubts, but now that she’s proving everyone wrong no one really care. Go on with your bad self and have another baby Snooki! [Source]
– The White House has banned the paparazzo images of Sasha and Malia on the beach. [Source] um duh! Block that ish.
– Alexa Chung has made her Instagram private after several of her followers left comments for her on this picture saying that she was too thin. She responded, “Ok everyone thanks for the teen angst discussions. People are different sizes. I’m not trying to be thinspo for anyone.” [Source]
– Rag & Bone will launch a handbag line this fall. [Source]
– Nicki Minaj will develop her own fragrance. [Source]
– This photo of two models kissing in Urban Outfitters’ latest catalog has stirred up some controversy with the One Million Moms (OMM) Organization.
“The content is offensive and inappropriate for a teen who is the company’s target customer.” And they’re asking supporters to boycott the retailer: “Tell them you will also no longer shop at their stores if you hear this type of advertising continues.”
Whatever, man. There’s always some organization that brings up this issue every month. [Source]
– Marchesa may be launching a contemporary line very soon. [Source]
– I’ve been waiting for this album, but I don’t have to wait much longer since Metric’s “Synthetica” will be out June 12. [Source]
– After debuting Tupac’s hologram at Coachella this past weekend, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg are now considering taking it on tour with them. [Source]
– Zooey totally sold me on the iPhone 4s in this commercial. It was the tomato soup.
– NBC will stream the entire 2012 Summer Olympics in London. I get that it’s popular these days, but it’s gonna be on NBC all day every day. [Source]
– MTV’s Teen Wolf will return in June for their second season. [Source]
– The Seattle Center will partner with Coca-Cola and name them the “official beverage” of the space and will celebrate them at their Next Fifty event. [Source]
– Congratulations to The Stranger writer, Eli Sanders, for his Pulitzer on feature writing! So much of my Seattle news comes from this blog so I think credit should be given when deserved. [Source]
– Tru Blood stars Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are expecting. [Source]
– Angelina Jolie’s engagement ring from Brad Pitt is reportedly worth $1 million dollars. [Source
– Kanye West apparently broke up with Kim Kardashian via text. [Source]
– Dick Clark has passed away after suffering a heart attack. He was 82 years old. [Source]
– Victoria Beckham’s birthday cake…is not a real cake. It’s fruit. [Source]