10 Mar 2017
It’s good, but I still think Capitol Hill Block Party knocked it out of the park for me this week!
19 Feb 2016
This lineup poster is really deceiving because Miguel and Sufjan Stevens are near the bottom when they should clearly be a little closer to the top. Turns out, it’s just in alphabetical order. Way to step outside of the box this year and do what no other music festival lineups ever do.
21 Dec 2015
- Polly Pocket sets that every 90’s kid loved [Buzzfeed] I owned 75% of all of the sets that were shown in these photos.
- The 10 biggest trends in 2015 [High Snobiety]
- The 41 most Instagrammed It Items of 2015 [Refinery29]
- The 6 Shoes Every Grown Man Should Own [Cool Material]
- Dropbox was given a Michelin Star [Medium]
- Things that Pitchfork was disappointed about in 2015 [Pitchfork]
Also, just want to note that there will be many more round-up posts as we get closer to the end of the year! I just need to wrap everything up with work first before my focus shifts to Yow Yow! Don’t worry, we’ll do our usuals that we love to do every year and look forward to.
04 May 2015
– Because everyone here is obsessed with Blue Bottle’s New Orleans Iced Coffee – here’s how you can prepare your own at home! [BlueBottle] – I pretty much do the short version of this every morning at work 😉
– Our favorite Craigslist Ad of the week.
– How Slack is changing workplace culture [Slate]
– Secret shutters [Circa]
– Emily Schuman talks about how she created her successful blog [Inc.]
– Seattle start-up Tune provides for women studing computer science at UW [Geekwire]
– Kanye changes the name of his new album to “Swish” [The Fader]
– How to execute on choreographing an unforgettable music video by the choreographer who did Tinashe’s “All Hands on Deck” [The Fader]
– An acoustic performance by Lauryn Hill of “Doo Wop (That Thing)” [Pitchfork]
19 Feb 2014
Tickets for the 2014 Pitchfork Music Festival are on sale now. Three-day passes are available for $130 and single day passes are $60. Three-day passes always sell out very quickly, so act fast!
Pitchfork Music Festival 2014
Sun Kil Moon
The Haxan Cloak
Sharon Van Etten
Neutral Milk Hotel
The Julie Ruin
14 Jan 2014
Coachella confirmed last week that OutKast would be reuniting for the major music festival, but don’t worry if you didn’t snag your tickets because you’ll be able to catch OutKast at 40 other music festivals this year. We just know that one of them will be Sasquatch or Bumbershoot or BOTH! The special music festival tour is to “to celebrate the 20th anniversary of their unique and influential sound”.
Specific dates have yet to be released, but it’s only a matter of time before all of our favorite music festivals begin unveiling their lineups. If your city doesn’t have a major music festival in it, it’s likely that they will have some random cities sprinkled in as well.
I saw Big Boi at Bumbershoot in 2011 and all I was hoping for was Andre 3000 to come out and surprise everyone on stage. That never happened, unfortunately, but now I know it’s really not too late!
06 Apr 2012
It’s music festival season and I just cannot wait for every single lineup to be revealed. This year’s Chicago music fest does not disappoint one bit.
Friday, July 13
Willis Earl Beal
The Olivia Tremor Control
Saturday, July 14
The Atlas Moth
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
The Psychic Paramount
Sunday, July 15
Thee Oh Sees
Oneohtrix Point Never
Unknown Mortal Orchestra
08 Mar 2012
On March 12th, Jay-Z will stream his entire performance at SXSW on the internet. The digital age is great, isn’t it? Since the rapper is performing in an American Express sponsored show,
Pitchfork reports that attendees of the festival who have both American Express cards and Interactive badges can gain access to the concert by syncing their Twitter account with their cards.
I think this still means that everyone can stream the show if they want. The stream will be available here.
12 Dec 2011
Fleet Foxes | pic cred. RCRD LBL
It’s almost my favorite time of the year! Well, besides Christmas of course. I am very much looking forward to looking back on my entire 2011 and seeing Yow Yow’s annual recap, posting my 50 favorite songs, sharing with you recap posts from my favorite blogs and getting a closer look at what is to come in 2012. It’s only December 12th, but it has already started. NPR, Urban Outfitters and Seattle’s very own Sub Pop have posted their favorite albums and artists for the year so here they are!
See if your favorites made the cut! If they did, you’re probably right on point. If they didn’t…where have you been all year?
Don’t worry my list will be coming shortly, I’m just going to let my music favorites marinate a little bit longer.