Ashley, Elizabeth, and Mary-Kate Olsen all wearing The Row
So it’s not the most fashionable night out of the year (that’s the Met Gala!) but the CFDA is a close second! This is a post full of amazing looks. We don’t need to say anymore.
Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen
The CFDA awards highlights the best of the best in the fashion industry annually. This year, celebrities and the most notable players in the fashion world came out for one of the best dressed events of the year. We’re highlighting our favorite looks below and the winners below that.
Who: Jessica Biel
Where: Saks Fifth Avenue
Alright, readers – Paris Fashion Week has come to a close and with that Fashion Month along with it. We’ll be back in the spring for the upcoming fall season coverage! In the meantime, here are some celebrities that dressed their best for the greatest event ever.
I’ve never watched an episode of Mad Men though I’ve heard rave reviews. Apparently Sally Draper is not one to be messed with though and is quite the little sassy one herself. Kiernan Shipka is just 13 years old and geez – clearly not going through an awkward stage. I wish I looked that good at her age, but I’ll have to settle with the fact that we have the same hair cut…now.
[Joan Smalls w/ Michael Kors and wearing his design]
So we’re a little overdue for a recap post on the CFDA Fashion Awards, but I didn’t want to go on without making a post about it. Every year some of the greatest designers are highlighted along with the best in fashion and some of the most beautiful gowns. Enjoy!
All photos are from Style.com
One of my favorite fashion blogs and daily reads has gotten a makeover! Co-founders Katherine Power and Hillary Kerr revealed their brand new layout today packed with fashion news, a weekly feature with Rachel Zoe and a giveaway that lets you enter to win a trip to New York Fashion Week!
Check out the beautiful website here.
– Before Dov Charney founded American Apparel, he was just an innocent Fashionisto. [Source]
– Vanessa Hudgens was caught smoking last night while she was out and when she was spotted, homegirl went ballistic on the paps. [Source]
– Netflix‘s genius plan of increasing their prices will cost them an estimated 2.5M subscribers. I hope it’s worth it Netflix!
– Hello Kitty creator Yuko Shimizu has decided to introduce a new character into Hello Kitty’s posse named Rebecca Bonbon. [Source]
– Alexander Skarsgard and Kate Bosworth have called it quits. [Source]
– Nickelodeon bringing back the 90’s was a great idea because ratings have skyrocketed! [Source]
– Kristin Cavallari had a “Carrie Bradshaw” moment in which she posed in a wedding spread before her wedding, which unfortunately, was called off earlier this week. [Source]
– Alexander McQueen’s exhibit hours will be extended to midnight on its last days August 6th and 7th. [Source]
– Olivia Palermo’s “traveling” focused (and fashion) blog will debut next month. [Source]
– Rachel Zoe will design a kids line. [Source]
– Meanwhile David Beckham will collaborate in a collection for H&M. [Source]
– Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen joined TOMS founder Blake Mycoskie in Honduras to personally bring to children new pairs of shoes. [Source]
– Terry Richardson will be releasing a photo book in which he will compile 10 months worth of photos that he had taken of Lady Gaga while following her around in a project. [Source]
– The Kings of Leon show in Dallas abruptly ended last night 30 minutes in because Caleb Followill stormed off the stage to go throw up after being too intoxicated and…never returned. Fans in Texas are not impressed. [Source]
– Alexander McQueen left $80,000 to his dogs in his will. [Source]
– Apparently a new study proves that marriages are more successful if they follow the sitcom formula – ie) skinny wife w/ a chubby hubby! [Source]
– Lauren Conrad hopes to open up a cupcake shop in Hollywood. [Source]
– Po Dog on the Ave will be converted into a bar called “Detention.” How educational of them. [Source]