Ashley, Elizabeth, and Mary-Kate Olsen all wearing The Row
So it’s not the most fashionable night out of the year (that’s the Met Gala!) but the CFDA is a close second! This is a post full of amazing looks. We don’t need to say anymore.
Alicia Vikander in Louis Vuitton
This is always one of our favorite events of the year and all today, I wanted to just continue refreshing Fashionista so that I could see the live coverage of all of the outfits. Instead, we worked. And every 45 minutes, we ended up refreshing, but then the days get ahead of us so now we’re playing catch up now. Here’s what we did see – we didn’t like Taylor’s outfit. Not one bit. We hated Selena’s boots. We weren’t surprised by Nicki Minaj and we loved Chloe Moretz and Bee Shaffer, but what else is new?! Now, let’s get to the coverage – it’s pretty much the post we’ve been waiting for all year long. This year’s theme was Manus x Machina. This also kind of hits home for us because well… you know, tech!
Taylor Swift in Louis Vuitton
Someone’s trying a little too hard, right?
Zendaya in Marchesa
This was, hands down, the best look of the night. It’s so hard to hate on a Marchesa gown and of course Zendaya – the 19-year old startlet that everyone couldn’t wait to see on the red carpet this evening. I’m loving everything about this regal red look. It’s so age appropriate and really very pretty.
Anna Wintour in Chanel – she hosted the whole thang so she had to be first.
It killed me that I couldn’t post every look and have this ready to go for you all this morning! I was so excited to see some of the looks from the Met Gala yesterday evening and then a part of me knew that I would hate some looks as well. With the theme being, “China: Through the Looking Glass,” I was concerned that there would be jabs poked at stereotypes and Asian trends that would make me cringe. Of course there were, but like all things, we have to move on and not dwell on them. In the interest of saving time (and space!) I am choosing not to include looks that I felt were in poor taste.
Rose Byrne in a Burberry Prorsum Dress
The Burberry “London in Los Angeles” event at Griffith Observatory last night was full of just outstanding looks. Usually, these types of events will only garner one look that I will highlight for “Snaps for a Snapshot,” but in this case, there’s no way we can include just one.
I can’t believe it’s time already for the most fashionable night of the year! It’s crazy to think that a year has already gone by. I feel like I was making the 2013 post just last month. This year’s theme is White Tie and Decorations.
Of course we’re kicking things off with Queen Bey and Jay.
Beyonce and Jay-Z both in Givenchy Haute Couture
It’s the biggest night in fashion of the year and for the past four years, we have been covering the annual Met Gala. This year’s theme was Punk: Chaos to Couture and the celebrities did it well. Here – Dakota Fanning looks phenomenal in Rodarte.
All photos by Style
Click the cut below for more amazing looks from your favorite celebrities, designers, and models.
– The Oscars are going downhill. Eddie Murphy has offically dropped out of his gig in being this year’s host. [Source]
– Life & Style claims that Kris will NOT sign the divorce papers to Kim. [Source]
– Kris Jenner goes into detail about her affair when she was married to Robert Kardashian in her newest book. Gross. [Source]
– I’ve got a little crush on Glee’s newest character Sebastian. [Source]
– Rosie Huntington-Whitely advises women to save a $1 a week in order to afford $700 Christian Louboutin heels. That would take 14 years… [Source]
***** Hey readers! Brace yourself – it was a big news day!
– The UK’s Daily Mail published a photo along with a headline naming the wrong Olsen twin. For most of their early lives (Ages 0-16,) I believed they were identical because they were always dressed alike, but these days I can tell the two of them apart within seconds. You don’t have to see it in their faces to tell who is who, but you will see it in the way that they are dressed. Need some help telling the fashion icons apart? Check out Fashionista for their guide here.
– If you loved Lauren Conrad’s recently dyed tips as much as I did then learn how to do them yourself with the help of Lauren’s hair stylist Kristin Ess in this step-by-step tutorial. [Source]
– Rihanna will be the star of Armani’s campaigns this fall/winter 2011. [Source]
– Kal Penn will have a recurring role on How I Met Your Mother. [Source]
– Kurt, Rachel, and Finn will not be returning for Season 4 of Glee, but of course we already knew that when Ryan Murphy said they would be graduating after this next year. [Source]
– MTV has renewed Teen Wolf for a second season. I seriously only watch it for these two. [Source]
– Lindsay Lohan apparently thought she was good enough and should have been considered for the role of Nina Sayers in Black Swan. Girl, you delusional? [Source]
– An exact replica of the house from “Up” has been built. Would you live in it? [Source]
– Miranda Kerr named her son Flynn after a late boyfriend. [Source]
– Rosie Huntington-Whitely is the new face of Burberry Body. [Source]
– Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are also launching a handbag line. Do these girls ever stop working? [Source]
– Today, one of my favorite bands has officially broken up. Sad day Rilo Kiley. [Source]
– The original stars from the classic “American Pie” will all return for the fourth installment “American Reunion.” [Source]
– Daisy Lowe will pose in next month’s issue of Playboy. Daisy is the daughter of Bush frontman Gavin Rossdale who is also the husband of Gwen Stefani. [Source]
– Meet the 20 new competitors for Project Runway. They all look like such characters! [Source]
– Who wants to wear a dress with Steve Buscemi’s face on it? Not I… [Source]
– Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are finally getting married. It’s been 6 years. [Source]
– Time to start building your Bumbershoot schedule! [Source]
– Yogurtland is collaborating with Hello Kitty. I wish the real life characters would visit our Capitol Hill location though… [Source]
– In case you missed it (like I did) the US women’s soccer team is headed to the world cup finals! [Source]
– Weezer is offering a concert cruise. [Source]
– Cupcake Royale ended up raising $10,000 towards the It Gets Better Project selling their rainbow-covered cupcakes last month. Tomorrow, founder of Cupcake Royale Jody Hall, will present Dan Savage with the check at 4:30 PM at the Capitol Hill location. [Source]
– Amon Tobin and Moby will headline Seattle’s Decibel Festival. [Source]
– The Black Eyed Peas are going on hiatus. Not phased by this. [Source]
– Chris Brown is securing his spot as the celebrity no one will ever like again. [Source]
– The first teaser poster for the Dark Knight Rises. [Source]
– Weezer and The Flaming Lips will share the stage together in New Jersey on July 28th and New York on July 29th. Literally. As in… all of their gear will be up on stage at the same time and they will take turns performing a song. Yeasayer will open each night. AWESOME. [Source]