I always like watching SNL and seeing the actors get a case of the giggles in the middle of a scene. It’s kind of refreshing to see them laughing with each other or… at each other.
It was revealed recently that Jimmy Fallon would replace Jay Leno on the Tonight Show when Leno retires in Spring 2014. But the question remained, who would fill Fallon’s shoes on Late Night? Well, it looks like that man is none other than Seth Meyers! Seth is by far one of my favorites from Saturday Night Live. I’m excited to see which direction he will take this show in, but I have no doubt at all that he won’t disappoint.
Looks like I’ll be staying up later this whole week if my BB Justin Timberlake is joining my other BB Jimmy Fallon! Please please please can there be another History of Rap pt. 4?
When Justin Timberlake said he was making a comeback (I actually don’t even know if he said this) he really makes a comeback! New album, new tour, television appearances, and he’s not stopping anytime soon.
Justin Timberlake will also host and be the musical guest on Saturday Night Live this coming March as well.
It’s a Justin Timberlake world, we just live in it.
– Fashionista documents the best looks from Pretty Little Liars [Source]
– Marc Jacobs’ new makeup line will hit Sephora shelves this fall. [Source]
– Stella McCartney is launching a collection of eyewear and it’s pretty spectacular. [Source]
– Justin Bieber will host and perform on Saturday Night Live’s Feb. 9th episode. [Source]
– Paramore ain’t over y’all! A new album is on the way. [Source]
– Mariah Carey is hilarious in an interview with Barbara Walters in which she says she didn’t know Nicki Minaj sang…”I thought she rapped or whatever. [Source] Trollin’
– “Girls” actress Lena Dunham was criticized for having a ‘blobby body’ in a review. Uhhhhhh girl can do whatever she wants, she’s fantastic, okay? [Source]
– Aladdin will be on Broadway in Spring 2014. [Source]
– Joseph Gordon Levitt and Josh Brolin join the cast of the Sin City sequel. [Source]
– This is how Taylor Swift looks post split from Harry Styles. Haylor is no more. [Source]
– Khloe Kardashian is selling her old workout clothes on eBay. Sick. [Source]
– Anderson Cooper has been named Gay “Man of 2012” by Out readers. [Source]
– Snooki wants a baby. I think everyone had their doubts, but now that she’s proving everyone wrong no one really care. Go on with your bad self and have another baby Snooki! [Source]
– The White House has banned the paparazzo images of Sasha and Malia on the beach. [Source] um duh! Block that ish.
Call me a music snob, psh I already know this about myself, but HELLO! The Format’s music was so much better than this mainstream Fun stuff. At the same time, I know that congratulations are in order. I like to still be happy for a band’s success and watching them perform on SNL is a little bit cool.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt was on David Letterman last night.
Anyone going to catch him this weekend on Saturday Night Live? Me, me, ,me!
I nearly melted when I watched this performance last night on the premiere of SNL.
Oh hay John Mayer. We see you.
Unfortunately, I’m a little behind on my news having not blogged consistently for the past couple of weeks, but this is the best I could do!
– Designer Tracy Feith will design for TOMS Shoes. The designer was known for his highly successful collection for Target. [Source]
– Vogue has announced that they will no longer be working with models under the age of 16 or models who look unhealthy. [Source]
– Justin Timberlake is still not returning to music because he’s too busy working on a design line for HomeMint. [Source]
– The Wanted’s latest track, “Chasing the Sun” will be used as the title track for Ice Age 4: Continental Drift. [Source]
– Earlier this week, a first-grader was suspended for singing the line “I’m sexy and I know it” from LMFAO’s latest song. [Source]
– Teen Wolf Season 2. It’s almost here. [Source]
– Will Jeopardy host, Alex Trabek, leave the show? I sure hope not. [Source]
– Britney Spears and Demi Lovato have joined The X Factor. [Source]
– The Jonas Brothers are getting a reality show on E! y’all! [Source]
– Twilight’s Kellan Lutz has just signed on to play Tarzan in the new animated film. [Source]
– And yet another trailer for The Amazing Spider Man.
– Outkast’s Andre 3000 will begin shooting for the Jimi Hendrix biopic next month. [Source]
– The Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) lineup is up! [Source]
– A new Seattle spot is opening up and it is dedicated to one of my favorite desserts – the Molten Chocolate Cake. Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery will open up later on this month. [Source]
– Demi Moore has officially changed her Twitter handle. [Source]
– Jessica Simpson finally gave birth to a baby girl named Maxwell Drew Johnson.
– RIP to the Beastie Boys’ Adam “MCA” Youch. He passed away Friday at age 47 after battling cancer for two years.
– Kings of Leon’s Jared Followill has proposed to model Martha Patterson. The two have been dating for only a few months. [Source]
– SNL’s Taran Killam and HIMYM’s Cobie Smulders will marry this September. [Source]
Did anyone catch them on SNL w/ Jonah Hill last weekend? My heart was going through all sorts of fluttering for this performance, but I especially love this music video.
– Supermodel Agyness Deyn came forward earlier this week to announce that she is 29-years old, which is six years older than the age stated on her CV. [Source]
– Stefano Pilati has “left the YSL building.” Pilati has been the creative director over at YSL since 2004. [Source]
– Bethany Cosentino of Best Coast is designing a line for Urban Outfitters. [Source]
– Glee’s Idina Menzel will be going on tour. [Source]
– Warner Music has launched a YouTube channel. [Source]
– Despicable Me 2 teaser trailer
– Emma Watson will star in Sofia Coppola’s new film titled, “The Bling Ring” about a group of fashion-obsessed teenagers who break into the homes of celebrities and eventually get caught. It’s inspired by a true story…and Lifetime already did it…last year. [Source]
– Lindsay will make her 239479th comeback this weekend when she hosts Saturday Night Live.
– Jennifer Love Hewitt turned her Lifetime movie, The Client List into Lifetime television series, The Client List. [Source]
– Bristol Palin is getting a docuseries on Lifetime. “This show will reveal the real Bristol Palin and her journey as a daughter, a mother and a young woman making her way in the world.” Um…what?!
– Meet the newest contestants for Dancing With the Stars. [Source]
– Casting has begun for the new CW Sex and the City prequel pilot, The Carrie Diaries, and it looks like AnnaSophia Robb will play a young Carrie. [Source]
– Oprah Winfrey will interview the late Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown’s daughter Bobbi Kristina exclusively, which will air on Sunday, March 11th at 9PM on OWN. [Source]
– Top Pot Doughnuts are headed to Bellevue Square. [Source]
– Capitol Hill’s Molly Moon’s is taking over the old Flora & Henri shop to create a Willy Wonka-esque “kitchen on display” that will highlight their specialty ice cream and signature cones being made. The space is set to open in the summer. [Source]
– Skillet will call the Seattle Center home. [Source]
– EMP’s Sound Off! finals are tomorrow night and we’ve got a Seattle University band in the running: Feet. Check out the rest of the acts here. I like these guys a lot!
– Jan Berenstain passed away this week at 88. This one was my favorite because I went through a phase as a kid where I loved seeing pictures of illustrated food/candy. I kid you not, another one of my favorite books was a children’s book on the affects of diabetes.
– Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose are now engaged! The couple have been dating for over a year. [Source]
– Ke$ha turned 25 and Justin Bieber turned 18 this week.
– US Weekly shows the evolution of Lindsay Lohan’s face and it ain’t pretty. [Source]
– Lea Michele and Cory Monteith – romantically involved? US Weekly believes so. [Source]
– Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner have announced the birth of their newborn son, Samuel Garner Affleck. [Source]
– …and Snooki is preggers. [Source]
– Lamar Odom has been dropped by the Dallas Mavericks and has been sent down to the NBA Development League. OH NO!! POOR LAM LAM :( [Source]
– Actress Kaley Cuoco has called off her engagement to Josh Resnik. [Source]
– Natalie Portman had a secret wedding and is already married to Benjamin Millipied. [Source]
Unfortunately, I was unable to catch the entire episode of Maya Rudolph hosting SNL last night (more on that later!) but I had heard that my guy Justin Timberlake made an appearance so of course the one skit that I did decide to watch happened to include him. In the skit, Maya Rudolph (as Beyonce) and her hubby Jay-Z invite several A-list friends over to their home to meet their newborn daughter Blue Ivy and the impressions are basically spot-on. Watch the skit here.
Ever since I caught this performance last week of Karmin’s “Brokenhearted,” I have sort of been obsessed with the song. Wake up in the morning. Let me play “Brokenhearted” on Spotify while I get ready. Blog some posts to start my day. “Brokenhearted” would sound great right about now! The song is catchy. It’s poppy and it gets me moving, but at the same time there are a few things about Karmin that just confuse me.
Despite all of these things, I am still impressed by Karmin. No one will doubt that she has this incredible voice – not to mention that they are YouTube stars – so power to them! But I’m curious, is Karmin a phase? Will they be able to stick it out for the long run? What do you guys think?
I know today is a day for you to make wishes, but I’ve got two of my own:
1) Could you become a regular on Saturday Night Live?
2) It’d be really nice if you could put out another album too.
Making one of these wishes come true is sort of like the both of us celebrating your birthday together, right?!
And as a treat to you all…I give you my favorite J-Timberlake song.